Burghers of Frye

Speculative evolution and forum games
Tiberius

Re: Burghers of Frye

Post by Tiberius » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:18 am

1. Yes
2. Push for harsh exams to ensure high-quality physicians and not at all to restrict the supply of licenced physicians

Work on the Library

Accept the proposal to have the wedding at the Church. Rising member of the family Braccan Ferran will be the Groom
Agree to the information exchange. I honestly can't recall all the shady things I've done, but after Benaros reveals his identity the Ferrans will reveal their assets like Arson Man.

Expand Mine with exploratory tunnels looking for more veins, or (or sites like black Stonehenge)
Have the Bard and the Wanderer investigate Ash's nature, with Nola's supervision.

Hire Arson Man to burn down the remains of the Ferran Mansion, and hopefully the surrounding area, thus allowing Ferran to swoop in and buy for a cheaper price while alleviating suspicion since Ferran Assets also burn. The Blaze can take place during work hours and a mine inspection to given an allaby for why no Ferrans die.

Have a Charismatic member(potentially Braccan, depending on the timing of the marriage) of the Family take up a position as a recruiter for the Steel Company and tour the region for recruits.
Have the Knights help train the Company

Send Braccan to the feast

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:56 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:18 am
I honestly can't recall all the shady things I've done,
Ferran has more shade than the Arctic Circle during the winter months...
Sassy Cassie wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:41 am
in the light of the God U'debbhaia,
It's U'debbha. The followers are U'debbhaian. I mean, Grigaro/Benaros comes from a different area, and so they may have different pronunciations, I guess, but more rigid U'debbhaians in Frye will be miffed by this.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:02 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:56 pm
Tiberius wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:18 am
I honestly can't recall all the shady things I've done,
Ferran has more shade than the Arctic Circle during the winter months...
Sassy Cassie wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:41 am
in the light of the God U'debbhaia,
It's U'debbha. The followers are U'debbhaian. I mean, Grigaro/Benaros comes from a different area, and so they may have different pronunciations, I guess, but more rigid U'debbhaians in Frye will be miffed by this.
I'm bad at names, sorry.

*Screams externally*

Okay! We'll go with colloquial dufferences that have developed over time. Archaic relics of the past, these Fryans. 😝
Ⓐ☭Empathy is the most radical of human emotions, and it's rejection is inherently reactionary☭Ⓐ

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:46 am

Sassy Cassie wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:02 pm
Okay! We'll go with colloquial differences that have developed over time. Archaic relics of the past, these Fryans. 😝
Oh, no no no. As the people of Frye would no doubt argue, they have the correct pronunciation. Yours merely deviated over time.
You can find the true name of the original U'debbhaian god in the Itzan forum game, and from that you'll discover that the name has already evolved over the centuries...
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:34 pm

So, is Tannel the only family to have not voted, at this point?
Ⓐ☭Empathy is the most radical of human emotions, and it's rejection is inherently reactionary☭Ⓐ

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:42 pm

Sassy Cassie wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:34 pm
So, is Tannel the only family to have not voted, at this point?
Right. Tannell still needs to vote. If the players of Asura and Elforche return, of course they can vote as well, but since they announced their departure, I won't be waiting around for them.

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:06 am

Guineapig004 wrote: I should post my actions for this month
I am utilizing my jedi mind tricks !!

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:07 pm

Sorry for the extreme delays on my end, I never found the time to make a post (through a combination of lack of time and severe procrastination.) Here it is now!
[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
Issues:

1. Grigaro of Retaur, a relative of the Duke, has arrived in Frye, and has requested to work with the Elders on matters of administration. Shall the Elders accept his proposal, and allow Grigaro to propose administrative-related laws to the council?
Yes, as long as he can only propose laws.

2. Bouhe has stepped forward to propose a new Curriculum set to the School of Frye. They request expansion into Medicine and/or Herbology, due to Frye having two hospitals and Lew hoping to produce more herbs in the future. This class would increase student's general knowledge, and could attract more foreign students to pay to be taught at the school to learn these subjects.
Yes! Teach them to appreciate knowledge from a young age.
[---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
Actions:

Tannell sends invitations to the other families to inform them of the banquet. Tannell asks for no more than two representatives.

Tannell's scholars experiment with different processing methods, and how they affect the orange fruits' effects.

Tannell hires Reyya, and supplies her with a sufficient wage.

Realizing the supreme irony in being unable to publish their own works, the family changes their strategy. They now search for a tutor to teach one of their younger family members (by the name of Jehal) the art of editing.

Tannell prepares for the feast by handpicking their best chefs and having them plan out the courses.

A grand tapestry is under construction, a royal blue with two golden dragons chasing each other's tails.
Letter to the Bailiff:
Greetings Cisse,
We heard of the... less than savory political atmosphere surrounding you. Would there be any way we could supply assistance?

Proposals:

Natoole proposes to the elders the first iteration of a plan he has been thinking about for months. He suggests the construction of separate marketplace, where the village of Frye can show off their unique culture in works of art. Where the funding comes from, is negotiable.

P.S.
You fool. You think you could manipulate me that easy? Your jedi mindtricks are useless; You cannot stop me! Muwahahahahahahah.
Last edited by Guineapig004 on Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:01 pm

Deleted, I thought sending peopel to the feast was an action, I'm fine with sending 2 people to it
Last edited by naturegirl1999 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:20 am

Is the feast this turn or the one after?