Burghers of Frye

Speculative evolution and forum games
Tiberius

Re: Burghers of Frye

Post by Tiberius » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:04 am

I read my actions before the letter results so I can't express the defeat I felt on failing to get a military leader and the relief what I got Ciona. I'm dearly tempted to intentionally crash the economy even harder but I figure that might bite me more than it might help, and I prefer to exploit it as is, and sort of help solve the problem somewhat. I'm not going to expend any resources on Luge. He's really just not worth the effort and will never stop being a target for other players. I should really be taking more shots at elforchte but I don't want to spread myself that thin.

1. Yes I support my own Proposal.

Ask Loforz what we could do to help fight the dark god and personally apologize about our lack of support. Explain that we fear northe's erratic and extreme behaviour is caused by the insidious and quiet corruption of the dark gods. (I still don't know why I hate Northe.)
Direct Ferran's paid labourers to work on the wall.
Offer Free Room and Board and credit at the Indigo Ibex to any "unpaid Volunteers" who wish to join the Steel Company and have them work on the barracks. Promise the opportunity to join as full members of the company in the future once the economy permits.
Offer a similar program for young people whose families are struggling to support them to go work as apprentices for Ferran craftsmen. Promise to retain the most skilled once the economy balances. (Use my rental houses to house these ones and the steel company volunteers/regulars.)
Leave Ciona to drill the gloryseekers, since they don't have the discipline to build yet.
Secretly Ask Lew to help discover the meaning of the monument. Don't explain where it came from, just provide a drawing and suggest looking in the libraries of other settlements. Suggest its magic and dangerous, or potentially related to a portal of some kind.
Forge a suit of full plate for Ciona if she wants it. We can't have our Commander going down easy.

Thank Cisse for Ciona. We would still appreciate it if you could introduce us to clients in the future but at the moment we have a mob not a company, and we wouldn't want to hurt your reputation for being in touch with something so useless.

EDIT And personally I've been enjoying this more recently, I've finally gotten everything practical I wanted so I can start moving on to bigger schemes.

EDIT 2 I changed wording and votes a little

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:31 pm

Billy5545 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:06 am
Just waiting on Elforche, and the turn report will be ready to be drafted up!
I Sculpt Tabletop Miniatures!

Billy5545

Post by Billy5545 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:31 pm

(Honestly, I don't know if I can play myself this turn. I honestly have lost a bit of motivation for another offsite stuff, plus the amount of problems I have don't help, even with you already saying how to deal them with less actions.)

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:17 am

Billy5545 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:31 pm
(Honestly, I don't know if I can play myself this turn. I honestly have lost a bit of motivation for another offsite stuff, plus the amount of problems I have don't help, even with you already saying how to deal them with less actions.)
dont let the problems discourage you, part of the game is figuring out ways to solve the problems that accrue. Lew had to find ways to stop mass nightmares without having people know about the creatures, there was also a point where some members got kidnapped and had to be rescued. And even if you can’t solve all of the problems in one turn, you can prioritize which ones are the most pressing,
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:21 pm

Billy5545 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:31 pm
I'll give another day or so in case you change your mind about this month, and then we shall simply commence the turn report.
Or, if you prefer, since Elforche was originally my family anyway, I can control them for this month.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:59 am

OOC: I'll make Elforche's actions for this month, unless Elforche's player disputes this.

Elforche will pay the Count's fine, to release their prisoners. It's not worth losing reputation and useful men over, even if the fine is exorbitant.

Elforche will propose to Lew that Bracchus, a fine young man of Lew, and Esmeralda, should become married.
Then, inform Esmeralda that these things take time, have her reside on the Elforche family estate until repairs can be properly affected. Capitulate to her requests for supplies to practice magicks.

Do not make any effort to repair the Elforche private Villa; we are stretched thin as it is. Elforche will continue to work towards building the brothel, but not rushing it; it's better to be later than hoped and have a sound building, than to have it collapse from hasty building and never have a construction career again.

Have the remaining craftsmen we have, that haven't been killed by those imbecilic Medicants, try to recruit some more laborers for craftsmanship to pick up the slack. They will be thoroughly vetted for skill and willingness to work, and will be subject to a strict training regimen to ensure that they can produce the quality of goods that Elforche is known for.

Using guile and disguise, try to incite the mobs inspired by Northe to attack the temporary jail in the guardhouse, in an attempt to have Luge's henchmen killed in the chaos, urging the crowd in the moment to kill the vile criminals who shouldn't be given free food and shelter for their crimes. Plant forged letters with forged signatures of members of Ferran in the pockets of some of the rioters, instructing them to do the above, so that if they are caught, the Ferran family will be framed.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:56 am

Lew accepts Elforc he’s proposal
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:29 am

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:56 am
Lew accepts Elforche’s proposal
You also have a proposal from Ferran to review.
I'm planning on making a new section to the turn report, where inter-family communication/propositions will be laid out. That way, no one misses any of that diplomacy.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:52 am

Lew accepts Ferran’s proposal as well
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:56 am

OOC: A few unexpected events came up, which have prevented me from completing the turn report. Rest assured that it is still underway. Hopefully, I will have time on Monday to finish it.