Rant and Rave

Anything and everything that doesn't fit into one of the other forums. Go nuts!
User avatar
magmacube_tr
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by magmacube_tr » Mon May 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Are things that bad in America :?: And in here everyone thinks that America is some kind of utopia where everything is easier.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Image

naturegirl1999
Posts: 2205
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:15 am

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by naturegirl1999 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:22 pm

Most Americans think that too. A lot don't know this stuff and refuse to listen when told about this. There are some like me who pay attention and notice what's happening
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

User avatar
magmacube_tr
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by magmacube_tr » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:51 pm

My dad found out that I can speak, write and read English recently (I was trying to keep it a secret) .Now I have to translate a retarted, cringy and 120 page history book and worse, I will be send to Australia after 2 years, to the land of venomous creatures, heatwaves, crocodiles, alligators and sudden hailing to 'practice English where its spoken'.




F U U U U U U U U U U U U U -
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Image

naturegirl1999
Posts: 2205
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:15 am

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by naturegirl1999 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 pm

I'm sure you'll be fine. Alot of the venomous creatures won't attack unless provoked. What other language do you speak?
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

User avatar
magmacube_tr
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by magmacube_tr » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:46 pm

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:09 pm
I'm sure you'll be fine. Alot of the venomous creatures won't attack unless provoked. What other language do you speak?
Well, turkish of course.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Image

User avatar
White parrot
Posts: 1821
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by White parrot » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:09 pm

magmacube_tr wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:51 pm
My dad found out that I can speak, write and read English recently (I was trying to keep it a secret) .Now I have to translate a retarted, cringy and 120 page history book and worse, I will be send to Australia after 2 years, to the land of venomous creatures, heatwaves, crocodiles, alligators and sudden hailing to 'practice English where its spoken'.




F U U U U U U U U U U U U U -
Wow, that escalated quickly. :shock:

Quasar would be the resident expert on surviving Australia, but as I've heard, the reputation of venomous creatures is somewhat overblown; you may need to be more wary of the local magpies instead. During nesting period, the birds living in cities defend their eggs by swooping and pecking at any "dangerous-looking" person coming "too close" of their nest, but as their criteria vary between individuals, some just indiscriminately terrorize whole streets.
... What a place! :lol:
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

User avatar
Prudentia
Posts: 3947
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:56 am

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by Prudentia » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:44 pm

White parrot wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:09 pm
magmacube_tr wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:51 pm
My dad found out that I can speak, write and read English recently (I was trying to keep it a secret) .Now I have to translate a retarted, cringy and 120 page history book and worse, I will be send to Australia after 2 years, to the land of venomous creatures, heatwaves, crocodiles, alligators and sudden hailing to 'practice English where its spoken'.




F U U U U U U U U U U U U U -
Wow, that escalated quickly. :shock:

Quasar would be the resident expert on surviving Australia, but as I've heard, the reputation of venomous creatures is somewhat overblown; you may need to be more wary of the local magpies instead. During nesting period, the birds living in cities defend their eggs by swooping and pecking at any "dangerous-looking" person coming "too close" of their nest, but as their criteria vary between individuals, some just indiscriminately terrorize whole streets.
... What a place! :lol:

Never been more glad that all I have to worry about is the Naked Bike Ride. Still though... WHY?! I will never understand what would possess people to ride a bike, naked, though one of the most populous downtown areas on the West Coast. Then again, capital of weird includes the uni-cycling Darth Vader playing the bagpipes.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

User avatar
counting
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:30 am

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by counting » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:35 am

Last month I had to send my laptop back for battery pack replacement and maintenance, due to running too much Species ALRE simulations and causing the battery to bloat and crack the laptop bottom.

Lesson learned, always be patient and not running Species ALRE with working laptop and do actual work at the same time.
King Menander asked Master Nagasena: “I have questions.”
Master replied: “What questions?”
King: “I already asked.”
Master: “I already answered.”
King: “What is THE answer?”
Master: “What is THE question?”
King: “No question.”
Master: “No answer.”

User avatar
Prudentia
Posts: 3947
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:56 am

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by Prudentia » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:12 pm

So parents say we need more cat food because two of our cats "aren't eating enough" and they're older so they must need a new formula. I look it up. Best for older things cats is several small meals throughout the day. Well this is what we do for them since we just a bowl of food down and they eat on it through the day.
In addition, they still have plenty of their current food, easily two weeks worth. Still forced to go out and buy cat food, because, why would anybody listen to me. Instead of buying a twenty dollar bag that literally has no increased benefit to their current cat food, I buy a cheap brand that has everything they need. I get back, get asked what brand I bought. I tell them.
"I fucking hate you right now!" Is their answer.

So I get hated because they asked me to look up optimum food for elder. I do it, and info is basic, vague and really goddamn generic. Their current food fits that profile. Not dropping twenty dollars on a "good" brand when it is no nutritionally better than their current ten dollar brand. I try to explain that our cats arent eating like pigs because the two know that our third cat is getting a special food because he has GI problems and pukes up normal food. Because appearently, I am the fucking villain for telling them what we had to do, and then getting ignored by them!!!!

This is the most I have ever wanted to commit elder abuse (technically not elder abuse, but you get the gist)!

The other reason they don't eat like pigs is that they are used to eating throughout the day. Cat number three has associated older food with vomiting so eats at mealtimes, 2x a day where the others can't eat his food.

Somehow, their ability to ignore the information I present when they ask for that information, makes me the fucking villain. For reference, there is basically no nutritional difference between cat foods with chicken vs cat foods with chicken meal. In fact, one of the only differences is that older cats tend to have issues digesting protein, in chicken food. Chicken meal is more easily digestable foods. Is it gross? Yes! I would rather feed them food with whole chicken in it. But fact of the matter is, their current food treats urinary crystals (common in older cats (cat three has urinary crystals, and all three of our cats are related (a brother and a sister (same litter, and judging by their patterns and coloration, same father and mother), and the incest baby they made when female went into heat early). So the two cats still eating that food are super liable to develop urinary crystals because genetics.

Also spoiler alert, neither has lost weight. At all. They just want cat three's food, because our cats are literally walking assholes, even by cat standards. That and I like to do all my errands in one go, which earlier today (I loathe driving. A car is a fucking weapon, not a good time. Especially if you are forced to not be covered on the insurance because your sex and age demographic is literally 200 dollars to insure, even with a squeaky clean record, no tickets, no accidents, you cost two hundred dollars which people can't afford, seriously, that like half of a car payment!).
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

User avatar
magmacube_tr
Posts: 1473
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by magmacube_tr » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:16 pm

I have one question. Why :?: Why when I speak to people, they look at me like I am telling them this story. http://www.neilgaiman.com/p/Cool_Stuff/ ... /I_Cthulhu
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 14 guests