Burghers of Frye

Speculative evolution and forum games
BakedToast

Re: Burghers of Frye

Post by BakedToast » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:20 pm

Billy5545 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:54 am
Also, just curious, but how is Elforche's financial situation now. Need to determine how much action I can safely get with the amount of money I have.
If you are struggling greatly with finances, you'll read of it in the family events; the best way to gauge your finances is to look at the most recent yearly report, and then estimate potential increases/decreases to your income streams from events leading up till the present. [What will happen if you attempt actions and somehow lack the funds for them, should that ever happen, the failure in the description of the action will deal with that as well.] If you are worried about lack of funds, take it easy for a few months and try to avoid major expenditures to recoup some of your funds.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:54 pm
Test Quinlett's trapmaking skills and investigate his background.
You can attempt to do this, but remember that he specifically stated that he would only work for Ferran if they paid him upfront for his services, and specifically for the Black Beast, not for testing.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:32 am

BakedToast wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 pm
Tiberius wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:54 pm
Test Quinlett's trapmaking skills and investigate his background.
You can attempt to do this, but remember that he specifically stated that he would only work for Ferran if they paid him upfront for his services, and specifically for the Black Beast, not for testing.
I'm going to scrap that vote. I don't really want to spread myself any thinner.

Billy5545

Post by Billy5545 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:39 pm

Issue:
1. Yes, this will satisfy the common people and improve the Village Elder's reputation too
2. No, their actions are not concerning for now
3. No, removing it will potentially lead to the religious conflict being repeated

Proposal:
N/A

Action:
Restore the Elforche's reputation and business with the common people of Frye after the failure, by reverting to their old business model of just selling their craft. As for the new proposed model that failed, Elforche will remove it for now and implement it either when the situation is better, or in other places that are richer and more open minded

Make a trip to the Napke and Saus Counties, to explore more of the world and find any potential business. If they can, the Elforche will try to find and meet with the Counts of Napke and Saus too

Meet with Kryne and try to negotiate with him so the Elforche will be able to buy resources reliably from him due to their lack of mine, in reduced cost. The Elforche will also accept Kryne's offer with constructing the brothel, due to their expertise, and not finding customers for the construction business endeavor. Also for mine, to increase the amount of resource to support their main businesses, the Elforche will try to also negotiate with the mine owner in Traye

Send a letter to Count Ashet, and the Baliffs of Shaake and Donu, apologizing to them. The Elforche will also try to negotiate with Count Ashet to reduce the price of the fine, as well as if the Elforche is even allowed to operate within the three other villages, but just on village businesses, not mining or forestry, trying to make compromise with him that will be beneficial to both party. Finally, the Elforche will also make a plan on how to relocate the crafting business in Shaake quickly and safely to Frye in case the negotiation didn't go well and Count Ashet order the business to be closed.

Work with the village guards to destroy Luge's gang and capture everyone in it, while sending Elforche's own soldiers and offering Asura to help. The Elforche will also try to track and capture Arson Man once again

Try to search for magicians in order to counter Ferran's own and now being more open minded to magic. The Elforche will also try to find Esmeralda, attempting to apologize to her, saying that they are sorry for what they did and now understand her magic is useful, and to persuade her to return.

Close the villa investigation and make a report about what happened in the whole incident, that Elforche's investigation and eavesdropping revealed the truth. Also make a copy of the same report that will be hidden in case the investigation failed and the evidence got claimed entirely like what happened with the Lews

Eavesdrop secretly on The Lew, the Cult of Chayrus, and the Medicants, hoping to find useful secret informations like the Elforche did with the Ferrans.

Letter to Cisse:
(None written)
Last edited by Billy5545 on Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:32 pm

1. Yes, this should allow us to stimulate growth!
2. Unfortunately, yes. We cannot afford the risk, even if the Dark God could be poppycock.
3. No, the rule was created for an even cycling of power.
[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
Tannell directs Cisse's men to the location where we last heard the shrieks. Investigate it thoroughly with the help of our scholars.

Head to the city ruled by Count Ashet to see if we can collect more reputable stories.

If an investigation takes place, make sure to tell the village elders about our growing project with Lew. Do not tell them what they are, but say that they need to be researched more.

Send Natoole to oversee the investigation himself.
[-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
Letter to the Bailiff:
Greeting Cisse,
Thank you for your assistance in finding the so called "Dark God". We cannot take the risk if it is real, and the extra forces help greatly.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:37 am

added letter to my post
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:55 am

Is this still alive? Who has yet to vote?
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:29 am

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:55 am
Is this still alive? Who has yet to vote?
This is still alive, everyone is finished voting.
Don't worry, I always stated that this game was my specific game to keep going as long and as much as possible, and it still is.

A few things came up IRL, and also Elforche has about 15 actions, twice as many as any other family, which has been taking me some time to flesh out. I talked to the player OOC in "Carnac" about this, so I'm sure it won't happen again.

I still have a good chunk of both Elforche's and all of Tannell's actions to write, as well as the Notable Events, and the New Issues sections, which, while seemingly trivial, are far from trivial.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Ah, I usually keep the number of actions below 10. Maybe you could give a limit on the max amount of actions? this way turns would be easier to process. For future. Good to know this is still around.
Korobeiniki

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:54 am

I was a bit worried I had done a few too many actions.