Broken Population Cap

Let us know about the harmful mutations afflicting the game. Also contains a list of known bugs and workarounds.
Guineapig004

Broken Population Cap

Post by Guineapig004 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:04 am

Usually on the second world I run in a session, the population cap gets messed up. It constantly says that the population cap has been reached, even with an absurdly high one. It then says that it is capped until it finishes killing off every single creature.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Natural_20

Re: Broken Population Cap

Post by Natural_20 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:08 pm

Guineapig004 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:04 am
Usually on the second world I run in a session, the population cap gets messed up. It constantly says that the population cap has been reached, even with an absurdly high one. It then says that it is capped until it finishes killing off every single creature.
Had this happen too. if I remember correctly, Species makes AIs separately from creatures and then plugs them in when needed for the sake of speed. It's probably failing to return AIs to the pool of available ones when the world is closed.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

Quasar
Site Admin

Re: Broken Population Cap

Post by Quasar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:46 am

Fixed in dev.