Fertility issues after reloading map

Let us know about the harmful mutations afflicting the game. Also contains a list of known bugs and workarounds.
AgeW

Fertility issues after reloading map

Post by AgeW » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:31 pm

After restarting the game and loading the map I had saved before quitting, the fertility settings seem to be permanently broken on this map, even after quitting and loading it multiple times. Fertility was set to 1 when I left, but at 0.8 when I loaded the map again.
When I try to raise fertility it goes to 0.3, when I lower it it goes to 1.3, for water and land. After pressing one of the buttons once, those are the only values that show up.

AgeW

Re: Fertility issues after reloading map

Post by AgeW » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:22 pm

Happened again on a different map:

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:06 pm

That's freaky, don't know what's going on. I'll let you know if I find out why/how it happened. Unfortunately, I am but a random forum resident, with no coding knowledge to speak of.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

matt49

Post by matt49 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:52 am

Hi, just bought this game on steam and came here to report a very similar bug.

For me, everything was working fine at first. Then once I started my 2nd or 3rd map, the land and water fertility settings became broken in game. When I first hover over them after starting a new game or loading an old one, it displays the correct value. But then after I click "up" or "down" for water or land fertility, it just toggles between 0 and 1. Now, this is happening in all of my games, whether I loaded them or started them new.

AgeW

Post by AgeW » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:56 pm

matt49 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:52 am
Then once I started my 2nd or 3rd map, the land and water fertility settings became broken in game. When I first hover over them after starting a new game or loading an old one, it displays the correct value. But then after I click "up" or "down" for water or land fertility, it just toggles between 0 and 1. Now, this is happening in all of my games, whether I loaded them or started them new.
Yes, that seems like it's the same issue I'm having. After starting a few new maps, a lot of them have had this problem from the start, though not all. Maybe the settings on the first map I reported were broken from the start and I just didn't notice before reloading it.
I guess you can just try generating new maps repeatedly and see if the fertility works on any of them.
It doesn't seem to work unless I change something about the map before generating it. I guess the next thing I'll try is to see if maps generated with the same settings will always be broken.