Itzan- 165 years

Speculative evolution and forum games
BakedToast

Re: Itzan- 15 years

Post by BakedToast » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Guineapig004 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:33 am
During the night, Tok creates a small hill next to one of the bigger villages, etc.
Is this a Concon village? Just double checking. It's probably a good idea to mention the race you are contacting, to avoid confusion.
Prudentia wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:35 am
Please, no more creating new things. Lets keep it at this, which is manageable if I can keep on top of myself.
Does this also mean that we cannot create an afterlife for the souls of our worshipers who have died? Four options I see here:
1. The afterlife (if we teach mortals of it) is a hack, nothing but a lie, and doesn't exist.
2. The afterlife is real, but there are restrictions on how it is used (no one may return from it EVER), and we may only send our followers to our afterlife.
3. The afterlife is real, and each god may create one; mortals travel to one at random upon death.
4. As option 2, except that we may also send mortals who have rejected us to our afterlife to be punished.
If we end up being allowed to create an afterlife, will our worshipers in the afterlife also count toward our "rank" in the Pantheon?
Personally, I vote for option 1; because it keeps things simpler to manage, and not having to worry about dead worshipers, people coming back to life and talking about the afterlife, or any of that jazz; and mortals would never know that you are lying.
One exception might be the champions, who upon death may be able to travel the world freely as a disembodied spirit, a "mini-god" if you will, a passive observer with no powers to change anything.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:59 pm

For turn 2:

Mercury has waited to see in how many of her creations will thirve without her. But now Mercury will to appear as a simple sliver slime riding on a black storm cloud to visit the island of Spl'im. I will drop a single blue inedible seed into the center of a village that is inhabited by slimes. This blue seed will go to anyone that will pick it up will gain knowledge of my existence, and they will become my prophet.

I will also enhance the isle buster colony combined intelligence to become equal to that of an crow.

I will also spread both the mimics and isle busters onto the Tocun island cluster to see how well they will survive there.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:17 pm

What is the Tocun isle cluster? Is it just a cluster devoid of life? Or did I miss something?

If it's simply a new island cluster, I would like to bring the Shuidri to it.
Last edited by BakedToast on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 pm

I noticed on an earlier page that there was a list of all the island clusters in the game. I'm going to call my island cluster Con, for those who want to send creatures to my island cluster.

Edit: Oops, I realized that my cluster already has a name. It is "Tocun" please ignore my post.
Last edited by Guineapig004 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:47 am

Alright, 15 years then. Probably enough time for Veda to learn the test subjects name. Let’s say it’s “Alana”. A note about her abilities: she is completely immortal and cannot be harmed or physically pained by any means, but is otherwise no stronger or faster than an average human.

Veda continues to observe Alana. Lacking in ambition or desire to travel, the woman has become a local celebrity by utilizing her capabilities to assist with village work, and also by still looking like she’s in her early 20’s despite now being in her late 40’s.

Thus far, no significant deviation from usual human behaviour has been observed, though she has had the foresight not to marry, which is mildly uncommon in human culture. Veda concludes that, in the absence of ambition, strong desire or external motivating factors, imbuing additional capabilities upon mortals will not significantly alter their behaviour.

To elicit further data, Veda takes the form of a travelling farmer and spreads rumours of an immortal woman in the neighbouring Ud'ehbaian-controlled villages.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:28 pm

Quasar wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:47 am
To elicit further data, Veda takes the form of a travelling farmer and spreads rumours of an immortal woman in the neighbouring Ud'ehbaian-controlled villages.
Chayrus wonders what the Ud'ehbaians will think of this woman. Will they view her as an object of pity, trapped in her mortal prison? Or as a heretical enemy that defies their beliefs?

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:42 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 pm
Is this a Concon village? Just double checking. It's probably a good idea to mention the race you are contacting, to avoid confusion.
Yes, it is. I have changed the post now.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:12 am

This game is very intriguing. I'd like to keep it moving.
Below are the people who haven't posted and also a reminder to OP to track results of turns.
Prudentia wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:49 pm
joshthehawk wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:40 pm
Ud'ehba, what is your second turn?
Alexcat989 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:18 pm
Teuruzza, what is your second turn?
Tiberius wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 am
Pentavus, what is your second turn?
White parrot wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:09 am
Eko'o, What is your second turn?

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:15 pm

I'm dropped out of this game

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:50 am

[Okay, quick question: what are the clusters Cocote, Tocun and Con? Like BakedToast, I'm somewhat confused about the second one. Are the three names referring to a single entity? :? ]
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.