Itzan- 165 years

Speculative evolution and forum games
White parrot

Re: Itzan

Post by White parrot » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:48 am

Hoho! I had some ideas for sapient and non-sapient lifeforms, let me sketch them quickly for you:

The Scubas:
NON-SAPIENT

Small crustacean lifeforms characterized by a round shell and the use of a gas bubble as an intermediary to extract oxygen from water.
Notable types include:
-sessile scubas, which fuse their shell with their support and filter-feed. They infest large marine animals, boats and the underside of island, where their aggregated air-filled shells slowly add to the lime-like rock.
- planktonic scubas, which use their air-filled shell as buoy and constitute a notable part of the plankton.
- "giant" scubas, meter-long amphibious creatures which evade land predators by diving and aquatic predators by getting out of water.

The Cetaceans:
NON-SAPIENT

Medium to titanic marine air-breathers. While not sapient enough to worship, their curiosity and intelligence is above average and they should be trainable by sophonts.
The largest species rival the size of the smallest islands thanks to a partially magical metabolism, supernaturally efficient but easily disrupted by stress in critical organs; they tend to be timorous and risk-avoidant. While not stupid, they are the least clever cetaceans due to their avoidance of stimulations.

The Toves:
NON-SAPIENT

Small monotremes with an elongated furred body (often black and white), scaly feet, and a prehensile trunks[; they are the Itzan equivalents of mustelids]. They are bold generalists quick to explore new opportunities, and are prone to steal meat, dairy products and actually inedible trinkets. Most can dig burrows but all prefer to exploit already made locations.
I propose the toves both to be a constructive nuisance that will promote the early development of sophonts without putting them in danger, and as a way to guide them to portals, lost treasures and forgotten ruins that the prolific animals will exploit as toys or hideouts.

The Strows:
SAPIENT

Diminutive bipedal bird-people which walk on the fingers present on their wings, leaving their dextrous feet free to manipulate objects. They have binocular vision and long ears, though those are more useful for gauging air pressure and humidity than for hearing. They are active flyers and quite voracious omnivores compared to their size, but are quite frail.
Strows are naturally adept at anticipating storms long before their arrival so as to find shelter in time, which tend to colour their view of the world. They try to be always ready for potential worst-case scenarios but comparatively airy to immediate concerns (as they are used to simply fly away from those). They are known for making contingency plans and double-checking presumably safe situations, but nonetheless explore and experiment with inquisitiveness. When they see themselves as foresighted, other races may interpret their behaviour as paranoid and delusional, as they often engage in risky behaviours in order to counter threats which haven't materialized (yet).
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:41 am

Okay, I will say this, please utilize an understandable word. If it is a word that you would not say to a 90 year old college graduate armed with a bicycle chain, do not use it with me. Like chibi, I almost made them round feathered balls that rolled. Luckily for you, my sister was present to decipher the word, that will not be so from this point forward.

Populating the islands we have made a series of races,
The Cabpf (literal translation will always be influenced by culture, for example, the latin civilus means "those who have home", but the Basque word for civilize equates to "those who have language", context is key. Just FYI): A race of half feathered, half furred races. They bear toothed beaks. Large heads and small limbs make them rather ungainly, necessitating large groups hunts. Bipedal. Size: 5'6", 180 lbs ave; 1.7m, 81.6 kg ave
Notable fauna: None
Island Cluster(s): Capf

The humans: tailless, bipedal apes. Limited hair on body. 5'6", 180 lbs ave; 1.7m, 81.6 kg ave
Notable fauna: None
Island Cluster(s): Huma

The Slimes: Human shaped slimes, capable of sexual and asexual reproduction. An iron core is key to their life, if destroyed, they are killed. Bipedal. 5'6", 180 lbs ave; 1.7m, 81.6 kg ave
Notable fauna: Slicer, Pollies, Isle Busters, Mimics
Island Cluster(s): Spl'im

The Spides: A race of intelligent hivemind spiders, aquatic in nature, genetic phobia/ hatred of swans. Swim/octopedal. 2'1", 68.5 lbs ave; 60 cm, 31 kg
Notable fauna: Slicer, Pollies, Isle Busters, Mimics
Island Cluster(s): Spl'im

The Strows: A race of bird like people with long arms allowing for an 12 foot wingspan. When on the ground they walk on their wings, and are capable of manipulating objects with their feet, then standing around five feet (1.5 m) tall. However, their bodies are only 3 feet tall (0.91 m). Theses light creature weight only 50 lbs (22.67kg).
Notable fauna: Scubas, Cetaceans, Toves
Island Cluster(s): SotR

That is how it began, before being replicated. Three dimensions over linking each other. The first, belongs to the gods, named Arrimua. The second shall be called Beirezita, for the mortals are set aside, but may see for themselves. The third is Aukera, for they shall be in charge of their own fates. In places of great energy (intense spirtual activity (most common cause will be mass death)), the fabric between Arrimua and Beirezita may rip and allow contact, but Aukera will remain forever isolated.

Okay, so changed it around to island clusters, just to give a little more variety. If notable fauna is none, then assume earth like fauna. Each sapient/sophont will begin on its own "native" island cluster and over time they may mix a little, allowing for species interaction. They begin unaware of each other.
First turn, you can vote for things to happen, no tech, but island collisions, and revealing your self to mortal to gain their worship. Note, if your vote involves mortals, it will be rolled for, since mortals are stupid and not capable of understanding the infinite. Turns will 200 years apart, assume first farming communities are forming about now.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:49 pm

Taking the form of a large bat, I'll talk to Strow storytellers (or cultural equivalent) in an unnaturally memorable dream, saying:

"My name is Eko'o the Seer. In the Time before Time, another spirit called Mercury blew the first storms so as to give the islands motion, but it was I who gifted your ancestors with the prescience to avoid the deadly winds. I reach you tonight to alert you once more: there exist, beyond the Great Sea, Island Clusters other than the SotR, where dwell strangely-shaped people who had to survive until now without the benefits of my blessing. Each passing night brings you closer to the day when you and them are coming into contact; heed my words, and begin preparations."

[Ambiguity? What ambiguity? :roll: ]
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

Alexcat989
Location: In a fictional world with a bunch of cute kitty people

Post by Alexcat989 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:45 am

(OOC:I meant for the feline morphs and Avian morphs to be distinct but the same species but the gryphon thing is fine as I was going to make Teuruzza that but more normally proportioned anyways)

I Teuruzza will take a permanent default physical form of a black feathered/furred and blue skinned female Cabph proportionial to a thin human with thick thighs and supple breasts.

I would like to create a non-sapient race of mouse sized thylacines,placed on all clustsers containing sapients (OOC:Modify to see fit).
Also I'm going to colide Capf with nearby clusters.
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:36 pm

I will be taking on the form of a human female shaped grey slime that is away riding on a black storm cloud.

I would like to create unmeltable icebergs that would float around the ocean. These icebergs will create sheets of ice behind its path, but the ices that it left would normally melt in just a few days. If the icebergs do crashed into an island cluster, then some parts of the island cluster will become frozen in ice. The icebergs can be destory if the iceberg get too small, but will grow back about a foot tall each year if the size is of a reasonable amount.

BakedToast

Itzan: Turn 1 - Chayrus

Post by BakedToast » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:35 am

(OOC: I would like to join the game. I will join the Pantheon as the others did.)

I am Chayrus.

I appear as a Large Black Oblong Stone, about 3 feet in length, width, and height, floating about 3 feet from the ground; about me in circular orbits fly six smaller Black Stones, each with a central red eye. A shroud of thin red mist does move throughout my being, as though a calm air current surrounds me.

In a dream, I appear to one Arphaxad, a swarthy dark-skinned human man living in a small non-descript village on one of the smaller Isles of Huma. Below is an entry of Arphaxad's Diary, written in the basic writings of the society in which he lived, on the night that I revealed myself to him.
The Writ of Aarphaxad, born in Sugath, son of Benari, first prophet of Chayrus.
The day was far spent, and the night had begun to cast its shadow over us, when I did retire to my bed, to the taking of rest in sleep;
When I saw as it were in a vision a large dark stone, which did float as it were upon the air before me.
It was three cubits in height, three cubits in breadth, and three cubits in depth, and about it were six smaller stones, in color like unto the greater stone;
The smaller stones were each the size of a man’s hand, with one central eye in their midst, burning red like unto a ruby, shining with a dull light.
As the smaller stones did move around the larger one, they each chanted in his turn, "Chayrus."
They ceased not to chant his name, each in his turn speaking that great name in a voice deep beyond all comprehension.
Then heard I in a voice, deep beyond all comprehension, "I am Chayrus. Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus."
The voice was uttered from the large dark stone, though a mouth it had not, neither had it breath in its nostrils, for nostrils it had not.
I did then prostrate myself to the earth before the stone; and I did feel a great heat and a power between mine eyes, the which I had felt not heretofore.
Then said I, "What wilt thou have me to do, oh Chayrus?"
And Chayrus did speak unto me, and said, "I am Chayrus. Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. Thou shalt be my prophet, to bring the darkness unto all the world. For all shall be one, for I am Chayrus."
"Thou shalt build a house for thee beyond the village, 6 thrown stones away, and beneth thine house, in the depths of the earth, shalt thou build a temple for me, that I may visit thee, and instruct thee in what thou shalt do."
"In the depths of the earth thou shalt build temples unto me; for in the darkness I do show myself. Thou shalt teach in thy village, and go unto other villages and teach them, where they shall hear thee; and I will aid thee, and all who obey my voice and follow me."
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."
Then I did awake, and do all that Chayrus did command unto me.
Observe: I nominate Arphaxad to be my prophet (or champion/cultural equivalent; I guess in this time frame, it's kind of like a medicine man). His eyes become a glowing red that can be seen in the dark, as will all my prophets from now on. His skin becomes a shade darker as well, as all my prophets have very dark skin. He has the ability to see clearly, even in pitch darkness; other abilities to be determined.

I also create a partially sapient species, the Shuidri; they are at best tribal/nomadic (and cannot comprehend further), and at worst, they are savage beasts. They are native to all the clusters containing sapients, but exist in small numbers.
Biology of Shuidri:
These are small parasitic insects that are shaped and sized like the common brown centipede, with a crucial difference. They are very light, and can, like baby spiders, release silk strands in order to catch the wind and carry themselves aloft to new locations. Shuidri are solitary creatures, but some will work together with other Shuidri if it will benefit them both. When outside a host, they are carnivores, killing and eating other small insects. When they land they immediately search for a host, sensing many firing neurons as a sign of a suitable host (they prefer sapience, but will settle for basic intelligence in a host as well). When a host is found, the Shuidri will simply sit on the exterior of the host in an inconspicuous place, so as not to be noticed, somewhere within 3 feet of the host's brain. It does not bite, latch on, or do anything that may cause it to be detected. On sapient species, it may often rest between layers of clothing, or in hair. Sometimes it will rest on household objects that the host is frequently near. When they are suitably situated, they begin the parasite process: feeding off the host's thoughts of Shuidri, by revealing their "true form" in the host's thoughts.
Symptoms of a Shuidri infection:
The "true form" Shuidri appear in stature roughly humanoid, with thick black skin, oily and smooth, like an octopus; Their hands are instead two long claws stemming directly from their wrists. They have large purple eyes that appear as featureless glass orbs--pure neon purple, emitting a light that can be seen at night. From their face, instead of a mouth and nose, hang two long tentacles that reach down to their torso, each about a foot long. From their host's perspective, these creatures appear to them in visions and dreams at unpredictable times. Some call them "Dream Terrors", due to the effects of infection. Although the Shuidri are fully capable to cause visions to a waking being, most prefer to manifest themselves in dreams when the being is asleep, to avoid detection from other beings apart from the host. Since these creatures thrive on thought (specifically -and only- thoughts about Shuidri), they will act in the dreams and visions of their host in such a way as to not be easily forgotten, and to be thought about on a regular basis. A savage and simple Shuidri may simply repeatedly scare or chase its host in their dreams, to cause fear and remembrance through repetition. A more intelligent Shuidri may instill various forms of fear, be unpredictable, or even communicate with its host; a very bold and cunning Shuidri may even give it's host real life commands, and punish it in dreams if it fails to obey. A Shuidri is fully capable of moving to a new host, and may do so if it senses that its host has weak thoughts or may soon die, but often prefer to stay with the same host as they develop a sadistic "bond" with them. Multiple Shuidri can share a host, and since "True form" Shuidri are identical, the host's thoughts can feed multiple Shuidri if the host is thinking about more than one Shuidri; but shared host cases are very rare.
Physiology and Lifecylce of a Shuidri:
While a Shuidri can live independently as a carnivorous insect for months before finding a host, after it has fed on thoughts for a few days its digestive tract will deteriorate and it will be incapable of surviving without a host, and if removed from a source of thoughts it will die of starvation.
Using the energy it recieves from concentrated thoughts from it's host over a few months, the Shuidri will eventually grow to about double it's normal size; this growth is due to the production of eggs inside itself. When it has produced about 100 eggs, the Shuidri will flee its host and head to a dark place, usually beneath ground, and lay its eggs there. It will protect its eggs until it starves to death, leaving behind its body as food for the Shuidri young. The young hatch shortly after the parent has died, and after they consume the parent and each other, the survivors (usually only a handful, twenty at most) head in different directions, acting like regular carnivorous insects until adulthood, when they will spread their silk to the wind to begin the process anew.
(OOC: I propose that we use a naming convention for our posts, so that it can be easily coordinated what's going on. I suggest the following : Itzan: Turn # (Or whatever the topic is) - (Name of god)
I also propose that we keep a few things in the Original post, for easy reference:
The Complete Pantheon with all gods, as well as their power and rank; descriptions of their actions in a spoiler tag beside them.
A basic rundown of each island cluster -- their location in relation to each other, as well as major conflicts or events happening both inter- and intra- cluster.)

On the above proposals (name conventions and OP log):
Prudentia wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:49 pm
Nyktal, how do you vote?
joshthehawk wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:40 pm
Ud'ehba, how do you vote?
Burger Cat wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:57 pm
Mercury, how do you vote?
Alexcat989 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:18 pm
Teuruzza, how do you vote?
Tiberius wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 am
Pentavus, how do you vote?
White parrot wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:09 am
Eko'o, how do you vote?
Quasar wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:42 am
Veda, how do you vote?
Last edited by BakedToast on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guineapig004

Re: Itzan: Turn 1 - Tok

Post by Guineapig004 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:17 am

A rip in the fabric of space and time created Tok. Tok appears to all as a luminescent sphere as seeing his true form would drive anyone mad, even a god. Tok is the god of Chaos.

Island:
Tok creates an Island that is constantly at a temperature of 1 degree Celsius. The nearly frozen lakes are a solution of water and diamonds. The ground is luminescent, it shines a dark purple.

Tok created chaotic creatures that are fit for him.
Species:
The Snaksi: Non Sapient: They are bat like creatures that are a light blue. The have 6 legs and are nocturnal. The tend to feed off of the dokets fruits. They also eat small insects.

The Dokets: Partially Sapient: They are hard and woody, they look a lot like trees. They feed off of the soil like plants. They can communicate with others of their species through their roots underground. They have the intelligence of a two year old.

The Concon: Sapient: The Concon are small black blobs which can hijack other species like a virus. When the Concon want to change hosts, they weaken the original host by stealing the energy needed to attack the next host. The Concon can be fought off is the target has a strong enough immune system (or tech). They feed off the food that their victim eat. Before they find their first victim, the "parent" will feed the "kid" until it does. They are asexual and have cold and calculating minds. They can think as fast as a supercomputer. They have just created their first farming communities. They berate themselves for not doing this sooner. They can be fought off by a species with a very strong immune system (or with tech).

The Drrack: Non Sapient: These insects are a common food choice of the Snaksi. They are also nocturnal. The are able to produce spikes on almost any part of their body. The eat rocks littered on the ground. They cover most of the island.
Tok reveals himself to the Concon by leaving subtle signs around the island, they will surely notice because of their intelligence. Tok then sends the island shooting off in a random direction, leaving it up to chance whom it should hit...

Tok then created a natural wonder floating around the ocean. Tok causes an eternal whirlpool to form that slowly travels around the ocean.

P.S. I forgot to ask if I could join! This is my first forum game so I'm not sure how this usually works. I am very excited to see where this goes! Just tell me if I can join!
Last edited by Guineapig004 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Prudentia

Re: Itzan: Turn 1 - Tok

Post by Prudentia » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:25 am

Guineapig004 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:17 am
A rip in the fabric of space and time created Tok. Tok appears to all as a luminescent sphere as seeing his true form would drive anyone mad, even a god. Tok is the god of Chaos.

Island:
Tok creates an Island that is incredibly cold, so cold that like Titan, it has lakes of methane. The air consists of mostly helium. The ground is luminescent, it shines a dark purple.

Tok created chaotic creatures that are fit for him.
Species:
The Snaksi: Non Sapient: They are bat like creatures that are a light blue. The have 6 legs and are nocturnal. The tend to feed off of the dokets fruits. They also eat small insects.
The Dokets: Partially Sapient: They are hard and woody, they look a lot like trees. They feed off of the soil and the helium in the air. They can communicate with others of their species through their roots underground. They have the intelligence of a two year old.
The Concon: Sapient: The Concon are small black blobs which can hijack other species like a virus. They feed off the food that their victim eat. They are asexual and have cold and calculating minds. They can think as fast as a supercomputer and live in civilizations equivalent to medieval times.
The Drrack: Non Sapient: These insects are a common food choice of the Snaksi. They are also nocturnal. The are able to produce spikes on almost any part of their body. The eat rocks littered on the ground. They cover most of the island.
Tok reveals himself to the Concon by leaving subtle signs around the island, they will surely notice because of their intelligence. Tok then sends the island shooting off in a random direction, leaving it up to chance whom it should hit...

Tok then created a natural wonder floating around the ocean. Tok causes an eternal whirlpool to form that slowly travels around the ocean.

P.S. I forgot to ask if I could join! This is my first forum game so I'm not sure how this usually works. I am very excited to see where this goes! Just tell me if I can join!
You all good, only things even worthy of mentioning is that as god you are infinite, so you literally could be driven insane. Names and appearances are really only for the sake of limited mortals who are incapable of actually grasping you. You literally exist outside of space and time.
I'll add your votes n stuff to the turn, had it almost done for a few days, just been to busy withj school to finish it. probably finish in the next dayu or so. most likely tomoreeowm which is the 14th/ saturday for me.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:39 am

You all good, only things even worthy of mentioning is that as god you are infinite, so you literally could be driven insane. Names and appearances are really only for the sake of limited mortals who are incapable of actually grasping you.
Who's to say Tok is not insane?!?! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

joshthehawk

Post by joshthehawk » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:56 am

Ud'ebha, God of the Arts, Fire and Bureaucracy reveals himself to the humans of Huma in the form of a wandering minstrel. He shows them his power by creating trees that naturally creates melodies when the air flows through their branches.

Ud'ebha tells the humans that outside their lands there are other islands, where other, strange, people live and that they should treat these people with kindness, for that is the wish of Ud'ebha.
If I'm making a comment with this type of text I'm talking as a moderator.
Anonymous wrote:And those who were seen dancing
where thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music.