Evolution: A War Through the Ages

Speculative evolution and forum games
Alumentum

Re: Evolution: A War Through the Ages

Post by Alumentum » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:53 pm

NEW ERA

This post marks the beginning of a new era!

We are now in the Permian era. As stated in the beginning of the game, history wont be the same as we know it. In this case, the roll of the dice determined that a beneficial event of extra-terrestrial origin has taken place. The Earth has flown into a cloud of hydrogen dust. This has thickened the atmosphere and caused an influx of water to the planet.

The world is warm with an average temperature of 70 degrees. The climates are mild and winter is rarely below 40 degrees in the areas that have them. Within this mild climate are pockets of tropical regions and areas of vast grass lands. The flora has evolved rapidly in this warm world rich with water. Grasses emerge, primitive shrubs develop, and trees grow massive with thick canopies. The world is no longer ruled by spongy moss and tough ferns. The huge variety of climates and vegetation has been a benefit to all life on Earth.

Animals you can expect to see this round besides your own are the following:

Scutosaurus:
A heavy lumbering beast that is difficult to hunt due to sheer size and thick hide. Thankfully it is an herbivore, albeit, an ill tempered one. They travel in medium sized family units. 10 feet long and 800 pounds.

Inostrancevia:
This primitive hunter is swift, agile and deadly. It's massive teeth and huge jaws allow it to hunt a wide variety of creatures. Even young scutosaurus fall victim to this beast. This is not a creature to trifle with. 6 feet long and 300 pounds; this is the apex predator for this Era.

Eryops:
An old enemy to many of the creatures living on Earth. They rule the water ways and eat anything that fits in their mouth. 8 feet long and 300 pounds. This creature can easily drag small to medium sized animals into the water to drown.

Dimetrodon:
10 feet long and 400 pounds; Dimetrodon is a fearsome predator. This being said, it is sluggish and requires a significant amount of time to warm itself up each day. It is a threat to those that are slow enough to be caught or foolish enough to be ambushed.

Dvinia:
A miniscule reptile that closely resembles a mammal. These tiny mouse like lizards live in burrows and feast on a wide variety of small insects, reptiles and plants. An easy meal for those quick enough to catch it.

Vivaxosaurus:
Vivaxosaurus is a medium sized herbivore with small tusks and a beak. Their stubby limbs don't allow them to move quickly and they can be an easy kill for larger predators. They live in large groups and rely on numbers for safety.

Various small to medium sized fish, lizards, amphibians and insects.

Good Luck Everyone!

dinoman9877

Post by dinoman9877 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:40 am

- Nests built on cliffsides

- Calcified egg shells
Last edited by dinoman9877 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:45 am

Wow those pictures are great!!!
:D
- males subconsciously increase or decrease libido depending on the amount of food and vs the amount of their own species, basically self-regulate population growth.
- tail develops sharp blade-like spines along the end, which can be swung around to injure predators.
My Major Competitions:
Droetis
Charbiss
Petrixic

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:14 am

Develop hair (even if it is extremely tiny).

On the digits with only two phalangeal bones, develop a sharp, four inch claw.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:19 am

Despite thinking that this game is straining my sense of disbelief too far, I'm still going to vote.

Develop misled at the base of our earscales, this should give us mobile ears able to pivot on sounds.

Both females and males develop a crop.(for storing food for youngsters)
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:29 am

I have a single questing regarding my creatures illustration, what happened to my males frill? Everything else is spot on....
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Natural_20

Post by Natural_20 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:17 am

Great round, I love the pictures!

However, something is bothering me...

What did those large animals evolve from, given that they should have had to compete with us to get that big? We ought to be seeing offshoots of our own species instead, as the animals from Earth's normal timeline wouldn't have had a chance.

New votes:
-Diaphragm
-Digitigrade stance.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

Alumentum

Post by Alumentum » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:23 pm

In response to all your questions, hydrocodone.....hydrocodone is what happened. I'm sorry for everything being sub-par but, I'm honestly not myself now and haven't been for a few weeks which in reality is more like a year and a half. I plan to implement created species in the next era but, for now I'm trying to do my best with what is already difficult at this time.

GabrielGG

Post by GabrielGG » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:09 pm

Votes:

- Starting living more in caves than underground

- Facial expressions which can be understood due to the advanced brain (fear, love, pain, suffering, anger, frustration, joy)

P.S.: Jesus Christ the drawings are wonderful
I like potatoes.

Natural_20

Post by Natural_20 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:28 pm

Alumentum wrote:In response to all your questions, hydrocodone.....hydrocodone is what happened. I'm sorry for everything being sub-par but, I'm honestly not myself now and haven't been for a few weeks which in reality is more like a year and a half. I plan to implement created species in the next era but, for now I'm trying to do my best with what is already difficult at this time.
I can accept that answer; it's good just to have you with us.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.