So long, SALRE Forum.

Anything and everything that doesn't fit into one of the other forums. Go nuts!
Sassy Cassie

Re: So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by Sassy Cassie » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:43 am

Tiberius wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 pm
The problem right now is that we haven't really had any newcomers since 2018. This draught might not be as long yet, but its been a long time coming.
Honestly? In the past, there wasn't really anywhere else to effectively follow the development of the game. Since 2018, Quasar has been utilizing Steam, Discord, and even Twitter alot more effectively, and IMO focused alot less on the forums. Unless that changes, I don't think anyone is going to feel the need to come to the forums at all. That makes me sad, but IDK what to do abt that :(
Ⓐ☭Empathy is the most radical of human emotions, and it's rejection is inherently reactionary☭Ⓐ

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 pm

Sassy Cassie wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:43 am
Tiberius wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 pm
The problem right now is that we haven't really had any newcomers since 2018. This draught might not be as long yet, but its been a long time coming.
Honestly? In the past, there wasn't really anywhere else to effectively follow the development of the game. Since 2018, Quasar has been utilizing Steam, Discord, and even Twitter alot more effectively, and IMO focused alot less on the forums. Unless that changes, I don't think anyone is going to feel the need to come to the forums at all. That makes me sad, but IDK what to do abt that :(
The worst possible thing Quasar has ever done. Getting better at communication.

I don't think there's anything we can do. This forum is a weird little clique that kind of operates apart from the game. What do ck2 aars and history games have anything to do with the game? My point being I'm not sure that's why the forum has died down. The people who stick around are the ones who post in the games section, not the development one.

My thoughts are a bit all over the place, sorry about that.

DehEvil
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Post by DehEvil » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:59 am

I like this forum for the games. Honestly, I don't have a desktop to run S:ALRE right now.

The problem we have had for a while now is that a single game runs the forum for a few months, and then dies.
We need games not to die out. We need more people, I guess.

Also, I'm sorry, but discord is just unusable to me.
It's too fast. Any post you make quickly gets forgotten.
These forums are more my pace.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:32 pm

For me, this was the first actual forum I ever joined.
I'll be forever grateful to Prudentia for his creation of "Itzan", which is what got me hooked enough to settle in and start becoming more of a regular on the forums. The Death of Itzan was also the thing that pushed me away for a while; I left, and came back due to me running my own game at the time. But the problem is that running and managing a forum game is a lot of work, at least, to run it well. It's time and effort intensive.
There have been multiple times that I am on the edge of my seat with a new game concept, but I quash it simply because I know that there either will not be enough player-base for it, or that the game will crumble under it's own weight and complexity.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:28 am

I think it was a lot of people's first forum. The vast majority of the userbase back in the old days learned forum etiquette here. Myself included

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:56 am

Tiberius wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:28 am
I think it was a lot of people's first forum. The vast majority of the userbase back in the old days learned forum etiquette here. Myself included
Me included.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.