So long, SALRE Forum.

Anything and everything that doesn't fit into one of the other forums. Go nuts!
User avatar
magmacube_tr
Posts: 1500
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by magmacube_tr » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:51 pm

I have found an another place. A more active and populous place, still in its prime. I am going there. This forum is nearing the very end of its natural lifecycle.

I will finish the game, but then, bye bye.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Image

User avatar
DehEvil
Posts: 1287
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:13 pm
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Re: So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by DehEvil » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:00 am

Hm

User avatar
Guineapig004
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: In a galaxy far away...

Re: So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by Guineapig004 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:59 am

rip. I'll always remember your meme threads. I'm still holding out hope that something will breathe life back into here at some point.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 5141
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:28 am
Location: Canada

Re: So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by Tiberius » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:15 pm

It really depends. Usually the forum goes into hibernation after a while then comes out of it, when the game gets a bunch of attention brining in new people to the forum. But I don't think we've gone this long without a burst of attention before. Maybe some new youtuber will cover this game, or maybe they won't.

Regardless I'll probably stick around until that next burst. I've got too much nostalgia to leave the forum, and besides Josh occasionally killing some bots, I'm the only active moderator.

User avatar
Guineapig004
Posts: 791
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 pm
Location: In a galaxy far away...

Re: So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by Guineapig004 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:22 pm

^
Basically me. I'm too attached to the place to fully leave.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

User avatar
magmacube_tr
Posts: 1500
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Re: So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by magmacube_tr » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:20 pm

I get you. But everything has an end.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Image

User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 5141
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:28 am
Location: Canada

Re: So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by Tiberius » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:42 am

magmacube_tr wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:20 pm
I get you. But everything has an end.
True, but a forum for game dies after the game, not before it. Of course things will change when that next burst comes, but the forum is basically unrecognizable compared to when I joined.

User avatar
magmacube_tr
Posts: 1500
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Re: So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by magmacube_tr » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:04 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:42 am
magmacube_tr wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:20 pm
I get you. But everything has an end.
True, but a forum for game dies after the game, not before it. Of course things will change when that next burst comes, but the forum is basically unrecognizable compared to when I joined.
Guess you are right. By the way, did long periods of inactivity like this happened before my time :?: Were they this long too :?:

This place now resembles a planet that is on the edge of going geologically inactive. Every once in a while, the volcanoes erupt a for short period, but that is about it.

And finally, what happened to the wiki :?:
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Image

User avatar
Sassy Cassie
Posts: 5631
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: Somewhere wet

Re: So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by Sassy Cassie » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:01 am

magmacube_tr wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:04 pm
Tiberius wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:42 am
magmacube_tr wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:20 pm
I get you. But everything has an end.
True, but a forum for game dies after the game, not before it. Of course things will change when that next burst comes, but the forum is basically unrecognizable compared to when I joined.
Guess you are right. By the way, did long periods of inactivity like this happened before my time :?: Were they this long too :?:

This place now resembles a planet that is on the edge of going geologically inactive. Every once in a while, the volcanoes erupt a for short period, but that is about it.

And finally, what happened to the wiki :?:
I think it was abt 2015 when it was last this bad, but uh yeah it has been worse than this, before.

The biggest thing that messed up the forum over the last few years, was Discord. When the main community members all discovered Discord, we all migrated to the Discord server, where we eventually split up because of just how attention-intensive Discord can be. New members moved in afterwards, but they weren't the same people that I spent most of my teenage years talking with, so I never got quite as attached to them, and eventually kinda drifted from the forum, myself.

This all being said, in like 2015 I remember the forums being almost totally silent for around 6 months or more. It was really barren.
Ⓐ☭Empathy is the most radical of human emotions, and it's rejection is inherently reactionary☭Ⓐ

User avatar
Tiberius
Posts: 5141
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:28 am
Location: Canada

Re: So long, SALRE Forum.

Post by Tiberius » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:00 pm

The problem right now is that we haven't really had any newcomers since 2018. This draught might not be as long yet, but its been a long time coming.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest