Rant and Rave

Anything and everything that doesn't fit into one of the other forums. Go nuts!
Prudentia

Rant and Rave

Post by Prudentia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:25 am

Here is a dedicated thread to rant and rave about what ever, because none of our bitching sessions warrant a new thread. I'll start.

16 July 2017, 10:20 PST. As you may know, there was a solar flare that triggered the Aurora Borealis, most of the northern hemisphere has already gotten it, Chicago got it. If I wanted to see it, I would have to drive almost 300 miles (minimum, round trip), to see the goddamn lights, because they avoid all of Oregon. I would have to drive up to the Puget f*cking sound to see the damn things. Then, there is nothing but city light from Tacoma to Seattle, so I would have to drive to the West of the sound, adding more driving time, and I would have to avoid cloud cover from the coast, because the oregon and washington coasts are almost always cloudy. ALL I WANT TO DO, IS SEE THE FUCKING AURORA BOREALIS!!!!!!!!!! IT IS LITERALLY ON MY BUCKET LIST!!!!!
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

20 characters!

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by 20 characters! » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:45 am

*sigh*
I'm starting to think that now and possibly in the future I still won't have the money and resources seemingly no matter what I do to actually make myself a more competent sociable person that won't completely fucked up any group that I come into .

I know what my problems are, I just don't know of any real solution, and then forced to assume that the problems are my fault, they always have to be because the alternative is even more painful for me to deal with.

I'm just a fucked up loser he's wasted too much of his time and silly petty ideas that have gotten him nowhere.

And I expect that saying this will only cause people to be even angrier at me, how well there's nothing I can do about that, just like there's seemingly nothing I can do about most things in the world, I take solace in the fact that it would seem that most of humanity from my vantage point somehow manages to be even more fucked up than I am .

And no I don't actually expect anyone to care about how I feel for those if you would like to point that out I know that most people couldn't care less, I'm just surprised they're not blocked by the entire website I'm surprised in my mouth still keep coming here after all I've done far , less on other websites, and I've been booted out so far that people wouldn't even realize that I had ever existed there, and again there's nothing I can do about that so probably been nothing I can do about it for my whole life. After all I actually wrote letters, to those people to the best of my abilities . I pleaded them for days, I would've continue doing so if there has been even a shred of hope of having any success but to them I'm not someone that wants to help, I'm not someone who wants to engage I'm not someone who is in love with what the were doing amd wanted to participate, despite being bad at it, I'm just someone who in their eyes wanted to sabotage them , i've learned that it doesn't matter what the truth is, with only seems to matter t i've learned that it doesn't matter what the truth is, with only seems to matters are those who hold power, and their personalities, that appears to be it for the world as I see it now.

Again I expect more angry hurtful comments that come from this I won't be surprised might even lovingly embrace them as I watch this whole website slowly crumbling down, I can't even do anything about that.

There I might feel a little bit better after having ranted and rave, given the software most of it's probably incomprehensible, impossible to understand, my even be difficult to decipher in the first place even for me days later.
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:08 am

At least two of my roommates think that science is democratic. In that to settle a debate based on opinion, they tried to say that because they both had the same opinion, and it 2:1 that their opinion was correct. I tried to explain to them that opinion is not evidence, but then they tried to tell me that my line of logic meant that climate change denial papers were equal to climate change support papers. Upon attempting to explain statistical significance and interpretation of data they indicated that significance is entirely based on opinion, and that climate change denial papers were innately worthless (not due to extremely high p-values, or bad study design, or cherrypicked data, but for espousing either a viewpoint that my roommates don't like or a minority viewpoint).

It is based on opinion where you provide the data that creates the p-value (the term for significance, measures the likelihood that the true value of something is outside of your 95% confidence interval), but that is it. Somehow, not surprising considering that neither of them take science courses (discounting computer science), and that one of them believes that science is set in stone. In other words they do not believe that science can unearth new information that completely changes our understanding of something. That science gets it right the first every time, except when it doesn't. Because appearently our understanding of one thing is never limited by our current understanding of something else. So more advances into knowledge about biology can not possibly lead to an alteration in our understanding of physics, or anything else.

FYI, the conversation was about how I don't watch NFL because I do not feel like the players give it 100%, while I feel like college football players actually give every game 100%. Oh, and about how I think that Chip Kelly is a good coach.

My eye is twitching so bad right now.

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:30 pm

You know, theres a internet phenomon named "YouTube Kids" ...

...there is something very wrong with them. As you probably know, they are a big ,fat mess of clickbaity ripoff tumor that is still growing in size. You may ask where is this going, I will get to that point. On surface its just a huge industralized trick on children for money. But as you go deeper, it starts to shift to a much worse and a darker theme.

Some say its a organization of pedos that are trying to quietly introducing little children nasty and sexual things and slowly convert a huge section of the new generation to suit their dark needs.

Some say that its coming from the infamous Dark Web to fullfil their sick philosophy and slowly corrupt the humanity to their level.

Some say that its a mindcontrolling experiment to make children more... well, nobody is sure at this point.

I have evidence to support this claims. Just look it up on Google and you will see alot of it. The thing that ticks me most is that there is some crypted comments on this videos. Or they are repeating some kind of a color coded message on their videos, like they are trying to make children to respond a certain command. There is even a thing about a isolated space in YouTube's itself that contains CP and child nudity.

I am just going to make some more memes to Memes 1.2 thread...

I am scared..... :oops: :cry:
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:21 pm

magmacube_tr wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:30 pm
You know, theres a internet phenomon named "YouTube Kids" ...

...there is something very wrong with them. As you probably know, they are a big ,fat mess of clickbaity ripoff tumor that is still growing in size. You may ask where is this going, I will get to that point. On surface its just a huge industralized trick on children for money. But as you go deeper, it starts to shift to a much worse and a darker theme.

Some say its a organization of pedos that are trying to quietly introducing little children nasty and sexual things and slowly convert a huge section of the new generation to suit their dark needs.

Some say that its coming from the infamous Dark Web to fullfil their sick philosophy and slowly corrupt the humanity to their level.

Some say that its a mindcontrolling experiment to make children more... well, nobody is sure at this point.

I have evidence to support this claims. Just look it up on Google and you will see alot of it. The thing that ticks me most is that there is some crypted comments on this videos. Or they are repeating some kind of a color coded message on their videos, like they are trying to make children to respond a certain command. There is even a thing about a isolated space in YouTube's itself that contains CP and child nudity.

I am just going to make some more memes to Memes 1.2 thread...

I am scared..... :oops: :cry:
Elsagate is the more common name

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:45 pm

This is the first I'm hearing of it, but I seriously doubt an organisation as big as Google would risk their bottom line by putting anything controversial into their kids programming, let alone something as ridiculous as that. This reads like a straightforward conspiracy theory, probably helped along by trolls in the youtube comments who are "in on the joke" and want to be a part of it. Also, "pedophile rings" are a pretty significant red flag. Seems like most modern conspiracy theories end up being about pedophile rings sooner or later.

Approach this skeptically, like everything. And on the subject of "evidence", conspiracy theorists always have reams upon reams of "evidence" on hand. It's a technique known as anomaly hunting: they pick apart the target of their theory looking for outliers and seeming inconsistencies in the "official" story. Every single anomaly is then cited as irrefutable evidence in favor of the conspiracy theory, no matter how tenuous or easily refuted it might be.

And I do mean "irrefutable". I've tried refuting the evidence for conspiracy theories before. The theorist just moves the discussion to a different anomaly, forcing you to refute that one. Then they move to another. Keep it up long enough, they cycle back to the original talking point with seemingly no memory that you already refuted it.

Which is part of why I no longer engage with idea's like this. I'm at the point where I recognise conspiratorial ideas by the patterns they share and dismiss them out of hand unless there's a compelling reason not to.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Most of the explanations are questionable, but the content is real. Google doesn't exactly handpick their kids content, and it does get fed into the system.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:14 pm

Okay, I looked it up. People gaming the youtube algorithm and appealing to the immature, scatological and often downright weird sense of humour of children to make cheap videos that get a lot of views.

I'm confident there's no dark web conspiracy here, though I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn there exists a 4chan op to convince people that there is for the lulz. It's just yet another strike against big companies relying on algorithms to curate their content instead of paying moderators.

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:17 am

Here's a juicy conspiracy.

Most conspiracy theories are started by people in power. While most people wont believe them, it gets some people to believe that they control everything. So 9/11 conspiracy theorists, are paid by the government to get some people to believe that the U.S government is all powerful and seeing.
Deep state conspiracy theorists are paid by the government to get some people to believe in a deep state.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:08 am

Prudentia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:17 am
Here's a juicy conspiracy.

Most conspiracy theories are started by people in power. While most people wont believe them, it gets some people to believe that they control everything. So 9/11 conspiracy theorists, are paid by the government to get some people to believe that the U.S government is all powerful and seeing.
Deep state conspiracy theorists are paid by the government to get some people to believe in a deep state.
So what you're saying is that my george soros checks are actually going to 4chan?