Rant and Rave

Anything and everything that doesn't fit into one of the other forums. Go nuts!
magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Re: Rant and Rave

Post by magmacube_tr » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:39 pm

"Magmacube, can you come to the board and complete this sentence with (one of those tense thingies that I don't understand), please?"

"Goddamit..."

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing :!: Okay I will."

"Ummm..." Uses the wrong tense thingie

"Magmacube, this isn't the tense I wanted!"

"But it is grammatically true, what do you want from me :!: "
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, a baby dragon.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:45 pm

magmacube_tr wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:39 pm
"Magmacube, can you come to the board and complete this sentence with (one of those tense thingies that I don't understand), please?"

"Goddamit..."

"What?"

Out of curiosity what was the sentence!
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

magmacube_tr

Post by magmacube_tr » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:07 am

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:45 pm
magmacube_tr wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:39 pm

"Goddamit..."

"What?"

Out of curiosity what was the sentence!
I don't remember. It was a really boring english class.

magmacube_tr

Post by magmacube_tr » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:23 am

"If we came from monkeys, why there are still monkeys?"

"First of all, thats not how any of it works. Second, please, for the love of God, don't use it while debating with atheists. You are just embarrasing yourself. And third, can you at least try to actually understand what are you arguing against? Ya know, instead of being an utter moron? That would be helpful."

"But muh Bible/Quran/Torah/Vedas etc.! Are you an atheist?! You will burn in hell! You must give up your ideas about these things! You are too young for that. I am older than you and therefore know more."

"And then you wonder why all the brilliant young minds are abandoning the country, and why your youth have turned their backs at the cultural values of their ancestors. Your culture is going extinct in the new, everchanging world. Its evolve or perish, boomer, it either evolves or it all turns to ash."

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:55 am

magmacube_tr wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:23 am
"If we came from monkeys, why there are still monkeys?"

"But muh Bible/Quran/Torah/Vedas etc.! Are you an atheist?! You will burn in hell! You must give up your ideas about these things! You are too young for that. I am older than you and therefore know more."
That line of logic is insanely stupid. It's like asking: "If we beat Great Britain in two wars, why do they exist as a legal entity?"

For second, well about 90% of people are just walking assholes. And the people who are the most vocal about their faith don't actually have any. Anyone who tries to me that certain radio personalities or administration officials share my faith, I quickly tear them a new asshole. One of my co-workers learned that real fast when he tried to judge all christians based on Rush Limbaugh and Mike Pence.

People who twist religion to suit their purposes in such horrendous and extensive ways are not believers, but terrorists. Spreading terror and fear to achieve their goals, the literal definition of a terrorist.
And even the young know a multitude more than some people, take all the native Americans who would fail a citizenship test. You know who passed in those studies? Immigrants and teenagers.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.