Locally Save a Forum Thread

Anything and everything that doesn't fit into one of the other forums. Go nuts!
BakedToast

Locally Save a Forum Thread

Post by BakedToast » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:55 pm

I am curious if any of the admins [or others] here know of a way to locally save a forum thread?
This will be beneficial in the event that the site goes down, to avoid legacies being lost for good.

For the record, I speak in particular of Itzan; it was a legendary forum game, nothing short of amazing, and I'd like it to be forever preserved, particularly if I end up taking inspiration from its canon for other creative works.

I understand that copy-pasting each post could technically work, I just wondered if there was a faster way to locally save a thread.
And there I stood, aghast, as the goat charged up the back steps and into the open door of the house. I could hear the crashing of plates and the overturning of furniture from the dining room as the goat continued it's vandalism.

White parrot

Re: Locally Save a Forum Thread

Post by White parrot » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 am

Hu, that's a good question I never thought about.
I don't know of such a method. There's a button next to "Post reply", at least for me, which is called "Topic tools" and has a sort of scroll down menu with options such as "Email topic" and "Print view", but I'm not sure what they do. "Print view" seems to just display the current page in a simpler style. I'm testing the email option right now, but the mail hasn't arrived yet. In any case, it says the topic informations are transmitted, but you still have to enter a message, so I doubt it will be what we seek.

(Also I feel weird because I wasn't that invested in Itzan. :? )
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:18 am

You could use the print view to print to pdf.

Everyone has a game they particularly loved, that just happens to be Itzan for toast

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:09 pm

White parrot wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 am
(Also I feel weird because I wasn't that invested in Itzan. :? )
Hopefully Carnac will be more interesting for you?
Tiberius wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:18 am
You could use the print view to print to pdf.
Thanks! I think I'm going to do that!

Edit: Print view only does one page at a time. Super inconvenient for a 54 page forum game, but I suppose I'll get around to it at some point...
And there I stood, aghast, as the goat charged up the back steps and into the open door of the house. I could hear the crashing of plates and the overturning of furniture from the dining room as the goat continued it's vandalism.