Hi! First post here.

Welcome to the population! New organisms can introduce themselves here.
Alexcat989
Location: In a fictional world with a bunch of cute kitty people

Re: Hi! First post here.

Post by Alexcat989 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:09 am

Alpha wrote:And it would have stripes rather than spots.
i actually really love stripes

also kunemon, 20 is the most insane person here
i also bring a gift from the Hart of Vi
https://youtu.be/Gx5D09s5X6U
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

kunemon59

Post by kunemon59 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:29 am

Yeah, I think I'm gonna like it here...
Friends are three things: annoying, expensive, and your only guiding light through dark times.

Image Image Image
All my friends died...

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:08 pm

kunemon59 wrote:Yeah, I think I'm gonna like it here...
Are you interested in joining any of our games? there are around six currently available for joining!

also, umm here have these...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRUIaZx ... A&index=18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NzvJ0q ... DcrtlVHX3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RWOpQXTltA
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

kunemon59

Post by kunemon59 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:37 pm

The problem with evolution games is that I either know exactly how to win (I'm an evolutionary biologist, why wouldn't I?) or that they're limited by thing such as votes, which I'd rarely gain due to poor popularity, or I'd need to evolve them in stages, which would mean it'd take too long to become interesting. I may join one, though, I just don't know how to start of which one to join.

Now, If I started an evolution game where you could skip the primordial stage, and begin splicing Terran creatures to become the perfect hunters....

The first video was eh. The second was unnecessary because I already know how, and the third one was so nonsensical. Reality isn't just how we perceive the world, but how others perceive how we perceive the world (Neo genesis evangelion - brilliant show, watch it now). As a schizophrenic? Yeah, it's pretty... Crazy...

I'll show myself out.
Friends are three things: annoying, expensive, and your only guiding light through dark times.

Image Image Image
All my friends died...

Alexcat989
Location: In a fictional world with a bunch of cute kitty people

Post by Alexcat989 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:11 pm

kunemon59 wrote:begin splicing Terran creatures to become the perfect hunters....
You and me are going to be great friends
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

Grockstar124

Post by Grockstar124 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:00 pm

kunemon59 wrote:The problem with evolution games is that I either know exactly how to win (I'm an evolutionary biologist, why wouldn't I?) or that they're limited by thing such as votes, which I'd rarely gain due to poor popularity, or I'd need to evolve them in stages, which would mean it'd take too long to become interesting. I may join one, though, I just don't know how to start of which one to join.

Now, If I started an evolution game where you could skip the primordial stage, and begin splicing Terran creatures to become the perfect hunters....

The first video was eh. The second was unnecessary because I already know how, and the third one was so nonsensical. Reality isn't just how we perceive the world, but how others perceive how we perceive the world (Neo genesis evangelion - brilliant show, watch it now). As a schizophrenic? Yeah, it's pretty... Crazy...

I'll show myself out.
Don't we have three biologists of some sort now?
They were a few like that, don't know if there are any active now.
The show sounds interesting.
You have schizophrenia? That sucks. We don't judge though. Except for that pun. That was bad.

I don't think I've introduced myself, have I? I'm Grock, one of the more malevolent and evil members of this place.
See how the game of life is never won, you only play
Bore him and you will find you're crumpled up and thrown away
Clinging to fate and blaming it when life won't go your way
Such a laugh, HA! Life is just a game!

↑The Game of Life↓

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:02 am

kunemon59 wrote:The problem with evolution games is that I either know exactly how to win (I'm an evolutionary biologist, why wouldn't I?) or that they're limited by thing such as votes, which I'd rarely gain due to poor popularity, or I'd need to evolve them in stages, which would mean it'd take too long to become interesting. I may join one, though, I just don't know how to start of which one to join.
If you are going to jump in a list would be handy. Right now there are only about 4 actual evo games. In Leo everyone just kind of votes. Meaning that there is no actual comittment, and everyone is voting for the same organism.
F. M. 2 might be worth checking out (from your particular perspective), in fact if you had any thoughts on those creatures that you wanted to share, I would be extremely glad to hear them (the actual creatures are my pride and joy).
Then there is Chaos, which is literally chaos and not for the faint of heart, and Hamster which is practically halted (work on it is slow).
Last edited by Prudentia on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

kunemon59

Post by kunemon59 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:52 am

Yeah, neo genesis evangelion is a show about kids in giant robot suits. It ends on a massive psychedelic trip, however, so it isn't for the weak of will.

And oh look, the whole gangs here! Oh, I feel so privileged....

Ooh, a list. Imma read it!

Image Image Image
All my friends died...

kunemon59

Post by kunemon59 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Also, and I really don't want to go off topic/beg, but my dragons aren't hatching, and I'm worried they're going to die as eggs. Any advice from a seasoned dragon-tamer? They have some 170 clicks each (thank you everyone for those), and I don't know how many are enough.

Image Image Image
All my friends died...

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:19 pm

kunemon59 wrote:And oh look, the whole gangs here! Oh, I feel so privileged....
I want to be in the gang too! :(

Hi kunemon59! Note that if current "evolution games" aren't to your tastes, you can try your own with slight twists on the rules -I think there's always room for improvement. Or some entirely kind of game, for that matter. :roll:
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.