Anyone still around?

Welcome to the population! New organisms can introduce themselves here.
Prudentia

Anyone still around?

Post by Prudentia » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:56 pm

Anyone still around? I, the local weirdo, am now back!
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

joshthehawk

Re: Anyone still around?

Post by joshthehawk » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:09 am

Prudentia wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:56 pm
Well, the place is certainly kind of dead, yes. However, I at least still try to log in once a day, if only to check for spambots.
If I'm making a comment with this type of text I'm talking as a moderator.
Anonymous wrote:And those who were seen dancing
where thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music.

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:43 pm

joshthehawk wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:09 am
Prudentia wrote:
Well, the place is certainly kind of dead, yes. However, I at least still try to log in once a day, if only to check for spambots.
Smart!
Once I get caught up on stuff, I might try a forum game, see if that can't breathe a tad more life back into this.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:10 am

joshthehawk wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:09 am
Prudentia wrote:
Same over here, although its more like once a week at best.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:06 am

I'm still here as well, although I've had a lot on my plate IRL. Career change will do that to you, you've been warned.

As an interesting aside, I am contract-working with a high-school humanities teacher to develop a curricular spin-off version of a "Burghers of Frye"-type game for a High School grade 12 Humanities experiment.
Groups of students (roughly 15 per group) are going to be taking control of small Stone Age tribes, settling a world map that I created, and then doing the classic "4 actions on your turn, I roll a d100 and give you your results" kind of thing. I'm running the game/mechanical side of things while the Humanities teacher is doing the wizardry of turning it into an actual learning experience.

I'm starting the whole operation the week after next. It's going to be pretty dope.
Prudentia wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:43 pm
Once I get caught up on stuff, I might try a forum game, see if that can't breathe a tad more life back into this.
Due to the above, there's no way I can run another forum game, but I must say I'd DIE to try another Itzan-esque game. If you start a game like that, count me in, no question!
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:06 am
I'm still here as well, although I've had a lot on my plate IRL. Career change will do that to you, you've been warned.

As an interesting aside, I am contract-working with a high-school humanities teacher to develop a curricular spin-off version of a "Burghers of Frye"-type game for a High School grade 12 Humanities experiment.
Groups of students (roughly 15 per group) are going to be taking control of small Stone Age tribes, settling a world map that I created, and then doing the classic "4 actions on your turn, I roll a d100 and give you your results" kind of thing. I'm running the game/mechanical side of things while the Humanities teacher is doing the wizardry of turning it into an actual learning experience.

I'm starting the whole operation the week after next. It's going to be pretty dope.
That's pretty cool! Good luck with it!
Due to the above, there's no way I can run another forum game, but I must say I'd DIE to try another Itzan-esque game. If you start a game like that, count me in, no question!
Understandable, I might. I'm thinking a larger scale game regardless. Either managing a clade for general adaptations with number of species/number of niches being the measure of success. Conversely, I might do the same but with culture. So that people can play with cultural groupings. Although, I do have a third, more fantastical idea.
But I still need to catch up on some stuff first.

DehEvil
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Post by DehEvil » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:56 pm

I check every few weeks, just in case.
ImageImage
Inspirational quote by
joshthehawk wrote: your only limit is your limited imagination.
Random quote by
AOE22 wrote:hehheh
I have no idea why this was whatever my last copy was, but when i pasted it, I just had to put it somewhere.