CandleGlow (Roguelike RPG!)

For playing roles.
Burger Cat

Re: CandleGlow (Roguelike RPG!)

Post by Burger Cat » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:10 pm

"Thank you very much for trusting us Caldris." Barbados walk with the others toward the village.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:16 pm

It is a short walk to the village; around a small hill and over another hill, where the lights had been concealed from the foray, lies the village.
Caldris begins to walk faster and then begins to jog, making a loud exclamation.
Large groups of torches are amassing in the streets of the village, as if some sort of event is going on.
"This is it!" Caldris calls back over his shoulder. "I thought I'd miss the action, but we might be on time!"
As everyone draws closer, Barbados with his advanced sight can make out an angry mob of peasants, all Lilim (human). They are holding torches and rudimentary household utensils such as forks and butter knives, and are advancing on one section of the town.
As Caldris and the Foray approaches, the mob pays them little heed.

One large peasant, carrying several spare things in his hands, turns towards Mara, Ivor, and Barbados.
"Don't you lot look odd," He grunts, "But don't worry. We're not here for your kind. Take a torch, I've got plenty to spare. It's time we finally burned these blasted Kith out of our town."
"But," Caldris stammers, "they're good for business!"
The large peasant man nearly swats Caldris across the head but manages to refrain his anger. Roaring out in rage [but barely noticeable by the others raging in the mob], he shouts, "Animal-men can't be tolerated! They are filthy swine!"

Your characters (At least, Ivor and Barbados, given their backgrounds) would know this:
The Kith are the collective sub-races of humanoids that have beast-blood. The name Kith comes from the term for neighbor or familiar person outside of the family. There are many sub-races of kith [based on different animal types], each with different assets and flaws that make them unique.

Turning away from Caldris, the man extends a bundle of lit torches to the group. "Come on, let's have at them!"
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:58 pm

"What did they do to you? Why do you want to kill them?"
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:47 pm

(Edited for better Role-playing)
Ivor slowly walks up to the peasant,
"Well, that was rather bold of you. Who are you, to tell complete strangers to do something for you. Who are you, to decide that an entire race should be removed from this village. Who are you, to tell a stranger that they should help with removing that group of beings, from a village which they didn't know existed!"

Ivor's face twitches in barely contained anger, furious that this peasant would dare think that this was reasonable.

(May not be the wisest thing to do, but it is what I would imagine him doing.)
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:43 pm

oh schnap! Ivor’s a drakhan, we’ll see how he responds...
You’ll need to roll coercion if you’re hoping to change his mind.
I’m giving the afternoon for Barbados to act, and then we’ll proceed.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:49 pm

"I do suggest that you simple minded people don't harm my allies here if you may. Because you may anger the primordial fire if you try to kill me and would probably curse your town because of it. Now like you to answer my fellow allies questions and we can indeed make some compromises with eachother about my kith ally here."

OOC: rolling coercion
Roll: 13 - charm "3, 3" = 7 + vigor "6, 1, 2, 4" = 20

"Rolling coercion to make sure that we don't try to get ourselves killed here by these villagers."

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:54 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:43 pm
oh schnap! Ivor’s a drakhan, we’ll see how he responds...
You’ll need to roll coercion if you’re hoping to change his mind.
I’m giving the afternoon for Barbados to act, and then we’ll proceed.
(Just was adding flavor text, he is angry, but he is mostly questioning his decision. He wants answers like Mara.)
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:18 pm

[Temporary Hiatus]

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:13 pm

The large peasant grunts at Mara's curious question, showing some slight disdain for the Meekiling herself.
"Kith reek of filth and disease, and they bring nothing but trouble," he growls, "Now, take a torch!" He thrusts a torch in Mara's direction.

He then sees Ivor tromp forward and vent his enraged series of questions, to which he looks Ivor up and down quickly, silently noting his great physical stature. "I'm just a villager here," he says, "a villager with a right to protect his family and village. You might be some tough bloke, but you're not from around here, so I see no reason to answer to you. Do you want a torch or not?" He thrusts a torch in Ivor's direction.

(Barbados Drake: Coerce[20] vs Droll Danger Zone (d20+d4)[17] Barbados Wins! Barbados gains 6 excecution points[xp]!) Barbados needs 4 more xp to reach level 1.
Barbados' loud shouting manages to attract at first some, and eventually all, the attention of the mob, armed with pitchforks and torches. They stop to listen to his words, and mutter to each other when he mentions aristocratic terms like allies and consequences. Mumbling and grumbling, most of them return to their homes, while a few remain nearby to hear what questions this Uthal and his allies have for them. Most of them shoot glares in the party's direction [default NPC reaction is hostile], and keep firm hold on their pitchforks, which seem more than capable of disemboweling an unarmored opponent.

Caldris shoot Barbados a grateful look. "Thank you," he says quietly, "Kith are good for business."
"My friends," he states to the peasants, "These three are of the Foray." A slight gasp and a hush falls over the small crowd gathered round them, and Caldris speaks on. "We risk the ire of the dark tower-city if we harm them, and they seem better than the legends say of the Forays of the past. I say we let them alone, and if they want anything from us, they'll have to earn it, but we won't be attacking them for no reason." The crowd nods in agreement with Caldris' words; clearly he holds a high place of influence in the village.
"Now," Caldris asks, "Barbados said you had questions for us. Speak on."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:49 pm

"I'm just confused about why you hate an entire race. They have families to protect too. I don't see why they can't live here. Why do you hate them so much?"
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki