CandleGlow (Roguelike RPG!)

For playing roles.
BakedToast

Re: CandleGlow (Roguelike RPG!)

Post by BakedToast » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:26 pm

As above. Use either hard dice at home or a web app, what ever you prefer. Just get me them numbers.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:23 am

Tiberius wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:54 pm
If you'd rather, I can roll for you, but I felt it might be more interactive if you rolled them yourself.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:17 am

BakedToast wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:23 am
Tiberius wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:54 pm
If you'd rather, I can roll for you, but I felt it might be more interactive if you rolled them yourself.
Please do

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:05 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:17 am
Please do
You lazy bugger!
Alright, When I get the chance I will do so. At the earliest, it will be this afternoon.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:10 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:52 pm
Aspect Power: (Roll dice accordingly, and show addition and results)
Yare 3D10
Vigor 3D10
Soul 3D10
Mind 3D6
Charm 3D6
Wit 3D6
Talent 3D8
Luck 3D8

For a randomly generated backstory, roll:

Societal Caste 1d100
Homeland 4d10
Family 2d10
Family Status 4d10
Life Events 3d10
Romance 1d10
Yare 16
Vigor 19
Soul 20
Mind 8
Charm 11
Wit 13
Talent 17
Luck 15

Societal Caste 46
Homeland 7+2+9+4
Family 1+3
Family Status 8+5+9+6
Life Events 6+3+6
Romance 10

Managed to roll your dice now. I'll give the numbers meaning after I'm off work.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:27 am

Falk Hunter, Male Oguro

Skills:
---------------------------------------------------
Stat, Number, Equivalent, other effects

Yare 16: Adept, +1 to all Yare-related rolls; movement speed of 2, +1 to base deflect
Vigor 19: Strong, +3 to all Vigor-related rolls; can carry up to 300kg of stuff, Toughness of one, +1 Life gained per level
Soul 20: Empath, +3 to all Soul-related rolls; +30 maximum sanity points, 3 Mirth -- +3 sanity to each sanity gain OR loss
Mind 8: Idiot, -3 to all Mind-related rolls, can only speak with monosyllabic words and is illiterate, 0 Lore types known.
Charm 11: Awkward Fellow, -1 to all Charm-related rolls, 0 Lark actions allowed, Vendors buy items at 20% their true value, Default NPC reaction is Unfriendly
Wit 13: Average Human, +0 to all Wit-Related rolls, 0 Known Survivor Environments, 0 Bonus to Aptitude Checks
Talent 17: Above Average Human, +2 to all Talent-related rolls, Max Level 12, 9 Talent points per Level Up, 2 Known Vocations
Luck 15: Slightly Lucky, +1 to all Luck-related rolls, Luck Range is 25%, Starting gear is: 5 Silver Pieces, plus whatever your archetype starts with. Also, you may ONCE per +1 Luck (in your case, that's only once), avoid death and instead take no effect.
Backstory:
Societal Caste: Adventurer - No Bonus or Penalty
As an adventurer, you make up an outlier nomad caste in society. You may not own property in a town or city
but can purchase goods as you please, except where prohibited. You do not pay taxes or provide tribute. You
are subject to both high and low justice. You may not remain in a town or city after being asked to leave by
the mayor, clergy, noble, or royalty
Homeland: The Jungles of the overgrown Brush District of CandleGlow, a member of one of the clans residing in the district. The district leadership is described by outsiders as Kakistocracy, or, rule by the least qualified and the worst of the inhabitants; this is due to a recent clash when the previous rulership of the district was overthrown by a societal revolution.
Family: Your Family is a Foe towards you, you are the youngest child and have 3 older sibling.
Family Status: Your family has been religiously excommunicated, you may decide why. They are considered Friendly by others, 3 of your family have died to recent famine.
Life Events: As a Child, You avoided certain death, +1 to Wit. As a Teenager, you experienced the Doldrums, becoming more introspective, +1 to Soul. As an Adult, you avoided certain death, +1 to Wit.
Romance: Your sexual relationships are torrential and cause problems. Once each day, if you meet a new member of the same race as you, call luck, if won, they were a past sexual partner; then call luck again, if won, they are an ally, if failed, they are a foe.

Falk Hunter, Your Wit rating has gone up to the next tier. This puts you at +1 to all Wit-related rolls, instead of +0, and you now can have 1 Known Survivor Environment instead of 0, and you may choose one action type to become apt in by default (which gives you +1d4 to all rolls made on that action type).Your Soul Rating has also gone up to the next tier. This puts you at +4 to all Soul-related rolls, instead of +3, gives you +40 maximum sanity points instead of +30, and brings your mirth up to +4 instead of +3.
You may now choose an archetype from the archetypes below.
Suggested Archetype (to receive the most XP)
The Pardoner (Vigor and Soul)
Faith, forgiveness, and punishment; makes up the pardoner’s path. Traveling the land, hearing
the sins of the penitent, offering forgiveness for a fee and punishment to enemies of godhead. The
Pardoner is a welcome party member for their faith and ability to absolve sin.

Other Archetypes available to you (Also great choices)
The Blackguard (Yare)
Gold, Ambushes, and Treachery; the path of the blackguard is a bloody one. Blackguard always
believe survival and prosperity trumps any notions of chivalry. Blackguards specialize in the hunting and
killing the races of men. The blackguard is a welcome party member for their lack of scruples and
pragmatic attitude toward combat.
The Cypher (Soul)
Gnosticism, psychic mastery, and the mass unconsciousness; this is the path of cypher. The
cypher are practitioners of psychic arts; they seek to control their earthy desires as they master the
orgone energy that flows through all things. The cypher knows the price ego exacts on those with great
power; thus, they keep themselves humble- unlike their magi counterparts. The cypher is a welcome
party member for their psychic powers and vast wisdom.
The Fool (Luck)
Fate, luck, and luck; this is what governs the life of the fool. To them it is better to live by the
chances of fortune than by grit of hard labour. Fools travel hither and thither in search of adventure and
jolly cooperation. The fool is a welcome party member because at least everyone in the party then
knows who the fool is.
The Heretic (Soul)
Sin, blasphemy, and mercy; this is the path of the heretic. Heretics ignore the dogma of the
church, offering absolution of sins for free and spouts offensive blasphemy on love, tolerance, and
peace. Perhaps in a softer world such wanton and flippant sinners would be viewed as saints. The
heretic is a welcome party member for their ability to absolve sin and care for the lost.
The Hunter (Yare)
Exotic trophies, dangerous locals, and deadly weapons; the path of the hunter is overgrown with
brambles and death. Hunters rely on their speed and cleverness to trap and kill their prey. From the
primal savage to the renowned explorer, hunters exist the world over. The hunter is a welcome party
member for their survivalist knowledge and combat abilities.
The Pilgrim (Soul)
Evangelism, godhead, and travel; this is the lot of the pilgrim. A pilgrim is a traveling devotee of
a faith. They spend their time paying reverence to godhead and spread their faith’s gospel and teachings
to the world. Depending on their faith their sermon may be one of mercy or hellfire. The pilgrim is a
welcome party member for their faith and devotion to godhead.
The Thief (Yare)
Wily, sneaky, and clever; the thief always has their tunnels dug and ready for a quick escape.
The thief is a welcome party member for their cunning guile, stealth and deadly ambushes.
The Viking (Vigor)
Pillage, blood, and glory; this is the wild life of a Viking. These ruthless warriors travel the land in
search of loot to haul back home. The Viking is a welcome party member for their violence and
fearlessness.
The Warrior (Vigor)
Death, war, and steel; that is the warrior’s trade. From the taciturn mercenary, to the common
footman, or the elite royal guard, there are always those in each culture who prefer swords, not words.
The warrior is a welcome party member for their mighty and their Occam’s razor approach to problem
solving- the simplest solution to a problem is kill everything that causes a problem.
After you have done these, you will be expelled from CandleGlow to join the Foray.
Last edited by BakedToast on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:04 am

Ivor watches in silence as Mara and Barbados approach the hooded figure who has revealed himself, brandishing a torch.

The figure removes his hood, revealing the slightly-aging, worn, and dirty face of a peasant. He looks back and forth from Barbados to Mara, his face going through looks of confusion, disdain, and amusement.

"What are the two of you doing out here, completely naked?!" He asks quizzically, trying hard not to look at Mara's naked form.
"I didn't think anyone was around here anymore, and I like to take walks here."
Then a look of recognition flashes across his face, and he glances up the tall hill to the city of CandleGlow.
"Are you..." his words trail off in amazement, as he continues to shift his gaze from Barbados' face to Mara's, careful not to let his focus drop below their eye-level.

Barbados' stomach growls audibly. The hunger pangs are becoming fierce, since he hasn't eaten anything for quite some time, despite Mara giving him a ration of food.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:35 am

"We are from the Foray, if that's what you're asking. Do you know where we can get some clothes?"
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:51 am

Ivor stands up slowly from the behind the rock. "Well, at least you don't seem to be dangerous. And before you ask, yes, I am part of CandleGlow's foray." Ivor stretches his back as his fluffy tail contorts behind him. "Pleasure to see something besides rubble. My name's Ivor, Ivor Fletcher. That's Mara, and that's Barbados. Have any good places to search around here?"
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:38 pm

The peasant smiles wryly, revealing a set of rotten yellow teeth.
"My name is Caldris. There has never been a Foray in my lifetime, but I have heard many tales of the Forays, and how they ruthlessly take things they want and leave without a moment's notice. I won't give you a thing if you're going to be as cruel as the legends speak of them to be!"
(Default NPC reaction to the group is hostile, due to the low Charm level of everyone)