Emperor of the Arachnids

For playing roles.
naturegirl1999

Re: Emperor of the Arachnids

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:19 pm

In the west of the continent...
A mite by the name Amara spots someone in a blue cloak. "Hello, what's your name?"
OOC: 20, the one in blue is your character

IC: At the caravan...
"Raid, Thank you for helping me get back to the caravan." Nora tries to listen to the conversation between Caelia and the lieutenants.
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:21 pm

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:19 pm
A mite by the name Amara spots someone in a blue cloak. "Hello, what's your name?"

"Raid, Thank you for helping me get back to the caravan." Nora tries to listen to the conversation between Caelia and the lieutenants.
OOC: Again, you are nowhere near close enough to do something like that. 😝
Ⓐ☭Empathy is the most radical of human emotions, and it's rejection is inherently reactionary☭Ⓐ

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:24 pm

Sassy Cassie wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:54 am
[Your character was a shaman and so a few things would click... etc etc]
OOC: Arphaxad has Shamanistic abilities which he learned from his father in a roaming tribe before being overthrown by rogue scorpions, and has lived the past two decades as a wilderness bandit. I don’t think he’d know these things. But, let’s assume you simply told him publicly.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:33 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Sassy Cassie wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:54 am
[Your character was a shaman and so a few things would click... etc etc]
OOC: Arphaxad has Shamanistic abilities which he learned from his father in a roaming tribe before being overthrown by rogue scorpions, and has lived the past two decades as a wilderness bandit. I don’t think he’d know these things. But, let’s assume you simply told him publicly.
OOC: Ohhh I forgot that I thought you meant Shaman as in, like, a pagan religious authority who uses mage powers fufnixnd

Maybe we can just pretend that thats a big enough name to be common knowledge to some level, us being in a neighboring kingdom. X3
Ⓐ☭Empathy is the most radical of human emotions, and it's rejection is inherently reactionary☭Ⓐ

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:47 pm

Sassy Cassie wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:21 pm
naturegirl1999 wrote:

OOC: Again, you are nowhere near close enough to do something like that. 😝
Ok. Nora just inspects the caravan then to see if anything was taken. She din't think anything was missing, so she put everything back in the original positions and kept watch for any more raiders.

OOC: Is this ok?
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:40 pm

Arphaxad leans forward in his seat, resting an arm on the table, his other hand laying near the handle of his dagger on his waist.
"I wouldn't mind hearing what you really are. Why don't you all fill me in?"

Meanwhile, at the caravan, Raid observes Nora rummaging around in the caravan. "Don't bother," he grunts. "Nothing's been stolen, and we took care of the attackers. We'd be better off seeing if there's anything else of major value that the caravan is carrying."
Raid sheathes his halberd, and looks intently at Nora with his compound eyes, clacking his mandibles in thought. "Tell me, Nora, who's side are you really on? If you had to choose, would you side with Arphaxad an I, or would you choose to ride with this caravan guard woman?"
Sassy Cassie wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:33 pm
OOC: Ohhh I forgot that I thought you meant Shaman as in, like, a pagan religious authority who uses mage powers fufnixnd
OOC: What I really meant when I said "Shamanistic abilities" was largely healing-based magic. While Arphaxad's father was a true Shaman of a nomadic tribe, Arphaxad was most likely too young to learn in depth doctrine about the basic animistic faith before the tribe was slaughtered. While living most of his life as a roving bandit, Arphaxad will still have knowledge about many societies and areas, but mostly from an outlaw's/adventurer's perspective. Many details about high politics will most likely have eluded him, unless they are so major that everyone in the tavern is talking about them as well. [For future reference]
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:30 am

"Raid, I don't see why I'd have to choose. I think if we all stay together it would be better for everyone involved. Plus something tells Arphaxad might like the non stealing for a change."
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:03 am

Raid scowls, and turns away from Nora.
"By not answering me, you've given me an answer." Raid heads to the back of the caravan, staring off at the candlelit pavilion where Arphaxad had gone with Caelia. He observes the tent carefully, looking for any signs of trouble inside.

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:59 am

*Caelia puts her hand on her hip and smirks*

You don't have need of that weapon on your hip, Shaman. No one here intends to kill you, or you would already be dead.

*Caelia straightens up her posture, clears her throat, and points to a location on your map. A coastal area with several major cities marked within it's borders. It is marked woth cursive writing, labelled as, "Caelstonia."*

I am from this kingdom, the Grand Freehold of Caelstonia. When the first invasion of the Arachnidia first sweeped across the lands of Makroan, the cities of the peninsula of Caelstonia were the last stronghold from these invasions. After countless decades, claimants to the nearby regions have ventured out from Caelstonia to reclaim their birthrights.

Throughout this all, the Freehold has remained strong, remained vigilant, protected by the Swerige Mountain Ranges to the northwest and the great Pintari River to the south. Throughout the last five centuries has remained undefeated... By outsiders.

My father, Caelon Torinium, was the rightful heir to the throne. He was an administrator for the southernmost colonies, and was held in high regard by my grandfather, Garínum. That was before the last decade.

I was a Grand Mage at the Caelstonian Institute of Alchemy and Magecraft.... A teacher, of sorts. Well, a former teacher. I had risen to the second highest rank in the school, Grand Mage, through a decade of tireless work , and was nearing succession of the bedridden Dean, Belanium Myrgaea. My eldest brother, still fifteen years my junior, had recently begun to show promise as an Alchemist, and was also soonto begin teaching. My other two brothers, all younger than sixteen, were training as warriors.

My grand-father was assassinated. At the ripe old age of seventy, he was strangled to death in his sleep, and his wive's unborn child was ripped from her stomach while she was left to bleed to death on the floor. My father and uncle were both there delivering tax and military reports to the King... And my treacherous uncle accused my father of killing him. He had the royal guard payed off to overpower his guard, and he was executed without trial, alongside my eldest brother, Marcus.

I managed to use what power and clout I had as a Grand Mage to hide my brother's from my Uncle, and escaped death in the process, simply being exiled. I nehotiated asylum for my eldest living brother, Maxitium, in the neighboring kingdom of Varaxia, and began moving from kingdom to kingdom.

Of course, now to explain... What we are doing here. Come, follow me, Byatichium. Myrgaea, you come too. I have something important to show the new Lieutenant. The rest of you, this meeting is not adjourned. Await my return.

*Caelia walks out of the Pavilion, heading back to the caravan.*

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:27 pm

naturegirl1999 wrote:

20 characters! wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:33 am
Entry Form.
hi
Name; Olather The Charitable.

Species; Anthropoid.

Backstory: Olather Is among the last of the first batch of Anthropoids, fusions of men and mites he was once a slave in the now collapsed ninth southern kingdom of Arachnida. Decades later after much networkig he is a high functionary in a sect dedicated to creating fertile Anthropoids in the belief that upon doing so all sapients will be able to settle their differences by becoming the same species and then the same collective conciousness. He truly believes the greatest of god of the southern panetheon Breaker-Of-The-Wheel.

Personality; Olather is a kind and devoted Wheelist, he is however often dismissive of information that does not fit his worldview and has a tendency to justify his own desires with the goals of the sect, with that said publicly outside of areas within his followers protection he tends to pass himself off as merely a wandering scholar and is himself amused by this.

will this work/
20, you're on
Korobeiniki