Franchise

For playing roles.
Prudentia

Franchise

Post by Prudentia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:03 am

A genetic plague created in the thirties is responsible for the modern world. A civil war in the failing Weimar Republic pitted Nazi forces and monarchial supporters against each other. A brilliant scientist codename Viergon, had discovered DNA a few years prior, and as part of Bismarck’s fail safe net, developed the Vierfarger Virus for the monarchial forces. This gave the Monarchial forces an initial advantage but this only spurred the development of Nazi super weapons, nuclear bombs. In 1938, Britain was forced to intervene after fighting spilled out of Germany’s borders. However, neither group of German’s would stand for interference. On Feburary 28th 1941, twin disasters rocked the world, as London was nuked, and gassed with a gas variant of the virus.
Originally designed to cease red blood cell production in enemy troops, the London strain had been tweaked to alter how the brain communicates. The intention was to cease communication from the amygdala and the frontal cortex. A chemical leucotomy. The results were anything but. Some people were unaffected, others showed symptoms, yet others died. By far, the nuke claimed more lives in London, but in the end was less affecting.
Still reeling from the attacks on Peral Harbor and Anchorage, the American response was rapid, despite their front against the Red Russia and Imperial Japan. Thus World War Two began on March 23rd 1941. The British and American Navies held the continent blockaded, as German fighting grew around the continent, with similar attacks occurring in Paris, Vienna, Istanbul, and dozens of other cities.
By 1949, both Japan and Russia had been defeated, both under U.S occupation. It was at this time that the world learned of what else the London strain did. For some people, it left them different. Initially, it was assumed that they were altered due to the psychological trauma of witnessing events that were unparalleled in human history. They were called the Scarred, and many of them entered into militaries to fight in the war, on all sides. Marcus Tatternaum, is probably the famous of them. Before, he had been a teacher, had a wife and two children. He lived in London, and managed to survive the nuke and the gas attack. His family was not so lucky. He had been 5’6”, and 120 pounds before, but after, he was 7’10” and 560 pounds. His skin was ossified and over an inch thick, he was a supreme close quarters combat fighter. After his two year hospital stay, during which he was changing, he left for America. Joining their military, he was sent off to Japan, then Russia. He was personally responsible for over 7000 confirmed kills during his three years of combat. He died of dysentery in the fall of 1946, in southern Russia.
By 1945, the royalist forces had defeated the Nazis, and restored the Monarchy. However, Germany used their position to conquer most of continental Europe which brought them into conflict with the Americans and Chinese in Moscow, in the summer of 1948. Scarred on both sides made the 3rd Battle of Moscow the bloddiest in recorded history. Over a million men died there alone. Moscow was leveled, and abandoned.
American, Chinese, and British Forces would eventually prevail and topple the Kingdom of Germany in 1952. The following international accord would ban the use and creation of nuclear weapons, and outlaw the weaponization and experimentation of the Viergnon Virus, especially the London Strain. However, this would prove pointless, as the Viergnon Virus spread to covertly infect everybody, with few recorded casualties. But it caused superb mutations under extraordinary condition, and even some plain ones, that create more Scarred. But with the war over, and some of new and old Scarred being psychologically different they became much bigger weapons of mass destruction, and many of them went rogue. So it was in 1962 that the Guam Accords were signed, militaries were converted to mostly robotic elements, and designated areas on each continent were set aside for war. By 1965, this took the form of a yearly broadcasted world cup of sorts, led and directed by the most tactically gifted men of each country.
However the Guam Accords only made it worse, it also prevented government involvement in stopping rogue Scarred. Due to the sheer risk involved in secret identities and military action. This led to the Rome clause, the newly formed United Planetary Union, UPU, could by a vote, invoke a Scarred cleanse. Allowing for military action against Scarred, ranging from prison time to execution without trial for suspected Scarred. In 1984, the Rome clause was amended to allow for law enforcement action against Scarred, but necessitating that each country establish a protocol in regards to legal action against Scarred.
As of late, the villain Rhitark, has been weaving distrust amongst the world and Scarred. She was a German Jew who was used as a test subject by the Nazis on their own attempt at the Virus, which was in turn modified by the royalists to produce the London Strain. Rhitark viewed herself as an abomination before Jehovah. So she committed a series of bombings, massacres, and assassinations, framing Scarred and their allies across the Globe and Triggering the Rome Clause. Over the last six years, over 90% of Scarred were hunted down and killed or imprisoned. Eventually a hero named Klax brought her scheme to light, and ended the Rome Clause. In a final battle, Klax and Rhitark fought, destroying Annapolis Maryland, and each other. As of this writing on January 2nd, 2000, all imprisoned supers have been released, with the exception of those held in the Kingdom of Aquaria (In NW Africa).
You have succeeded where other have failed, you survived, what 30 million did not. In a world of 8 billion, who are you?

Name:
Alias(es) (unless you are full time hero):
Powers:
City, Country:
How did you Survive:
Powers:
Weaknesses:
Goals:
Alignment (I.E lawful good, chaotic evil, etc,etc):
Methods (force, influence or balanced):
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

Tiberius

Re: Franchise

Post by Tiberius » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:52 am

So how exactly do the superpowers work in this setting(On the range from Hard Sci-Fi to Time Travel because of Magic), and is there any chance we get some sort of map of the regions of the world that are desperately dissimilar from our own?

Also have to add that its kind of hilarious that the FrekiKorps and brownshirts civil warred so hard that Britain tried to pull them apart and then they immediately became allies to annihilate Britain. It's like a more genocidal version of why I was younger when I'd get in fights with my brother before my parents would tell us to stop.

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:19 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:52 am
So how exactly do the superpowers work in this setting(On the range from Hard Sci-Fi to Time Travel because of Magic), and is there any chance we get some sort of map of the regions of the world that are desperately dissimilar from our own?

Also have to add that its kind of hilarious that the FrekiKorps and brownshirts civil warred so hard that Britain tried to pull them apart and then they immediately became allies to annihilate Britain. It's like a more genocidal version of why I was younger when I'd get in fights with my brother before my parents would tell us to stop.
Well chances are that most powers will have a magical element to them, since on their own it would be impossible for a metabolism to produce enough energy for a human to run at 60 mph or faster, not too mention our biomechanics would not allow for it. So part of most powers is the ability to utilize raw energy, either from matter (Assuming that matter is just solid energy) or the surroundings.
So we will go ahead and say soft science. So most of the typical thing you see in a comic book, and that said, you do not even need to have superpowers really, for non-superpower ideas, look at Batman and his villians, that said, the vast majority (over 80%) of his villians are genius level intellects and superb (almost or exceeding Olympians) stamina and fighting skills. I will say this though, no super fast regeneration, immortality will have specific conditions and no godhood.
The above three are really the only limits. Just be sure to include a weakness or multiple. The fewer weaknesses you have, the more dangerous they are to you. The more powers you have, the weaker they all are. The virus changed over time and now mutates people in ways that can give more advanced power, or just the basic "Primitive" mutations of the early Scarred.

As for maps, that is possible. I actually may not alter much though. Conversely I may give you existing cities, rivers, and landmarks to use a borders. I am actually still not quite sure how much this world has changed. China never became communist, and is one of the three leaders, the U.S and U.K being the others. Due a divergence in history, Elizabeth II never changed the government, so they still have a heavy monarchical component, the current King is the one we know as Prince Andrew. Some kidnapping and ransom attempts did not end well.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:54 pm

Sounds like what I expected,but I wanted to confirm that thought. It would be nice to have a better idea of the state of the world, since there seem to be a ton of random changes to keep track of. Some sort of condensed list or something might work?

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:14 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:54 pm
Sounds like what I expected,but I wanted to confirm that thought. It would be nice to have a better idea of the state of the world, since there seem to be a ton of random changes to keep track of. Some sort of condensed list or something might work?
Yeah, I haven't had much time as of late, but will flushed time today and tomorrow. So you could probably expect a post with more details about this worlds divergence with ours. Hopefully my fun tonight won't make any sort of really crazy things. Any sort of thing you particularly want to see explored?

Please tell me that no body is on because they are busy on the discord.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Prudentia wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:14 pm
Tiberius wrote:
Yeah, I haven't had much time as of late, but will flushed time today and tomorrow. So you could probably expect a post with more details about this worlds divergence with ours. Hopefully my fun tonight won't make any sort of really crazy things. Any sort of thing you particularly want to see explored?

Aftermath in Germany, is the Soviet Union still around and whats going on with Italy and Spain?

Yeah, the forums died once the discord became popular

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:44 pm
Prudentia wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:14 pm
Tiberius wrote:

Aftermath in Germany, is the Soviet Union still around and whats going on with Italy and Spain?

Yeah, the forums died once the discord became popular
Also do you want to focus the game in any particular era.

Also how did devolution of the British Empire work? Unified India?

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:15 am

Fuuuck... Alright I lost my draft somehow in my... unmeasured of the weekend. Never unmeasured again.

Basic, low run here. Germany is divided up into dozens of nations, a few are noble and fuedal based, but most are republics with a sprinkling of dictatorships. Germany's population was severely reduced during WWII, meaning that most people are descended from immigrants to Germany, and as a whole, Germany is staunchly bound by a class system with pure blooded Germans are at the top. In German Culture, Scarred are viewed as dieties. Among the upper classes, Blutwird, is the main religion. Blutwird is very similar to Christianity and Judiasm, but has paganistic overtones, like human sacrifice. In Germany, Boxing is the prime sport, and way of settling disputes, in some nations and under specific circumstances, losers are sacrificed.

The U.S.S.R handled better in WWII. While the U.S and China may have split everything East of Ural Mountains, the european portion was supplanted by constitutional monarchy, with the illegitimate nephew of Tsar Alexander, George Mikhailovich, taking the throne. While he wielded no real power, he kept the country together through sheer will and personality. Most people severely underestimated him due to him being in a wheelchair due a crippling accident he had in Sens, France in 1931. While Russia has been the most stable state, every violent change of power has been controlled by George, who still lives today, being around 90 years old.

Modern day Italy is vastly different than the Italy of old. In the chaos surrounding the outbreak of German fighting into the continent, Pope Pius XII died of a heart attack in 1945. His successor was Pope Victor, the last remaining child of Victor Emmanuel III of Italy. A violent strike by Viergnon virus had left the rest of the royal family dead. But surveying oppurtunity, Pope Victor managed to flip portions of Italy to him. He quickly set about consolidating Italy under his control using papal forces. By 1951, Italy was called the Holy Papal Kingdom. Pope Vitcor die within a year, but the Papacy would still retain Italy, though Sardinia and Sicily are current controlled By the Kingdom of Sardinia, ruled by a family rumored to be descended from illegitimate ilk of Umberto I.

In Spain and Portugal things are much different than in the rest of the world. Relatively unscathed, Spain and Portugal remerged into Iberia and has developed un bothered really. Within the nation, everybody does what is best for them. You could that this is due them having a perfect society, or they have a smaller government. As a historian, No nation is ever without problems. Iberia's lack of government could be chalked up to a weak and corrupt government, or the fact that over 75% of the country was burned down in a devastating wild fire in 1980. Only two million people in habit the peninsula, mostly as a rural agrarian society, since the biggest city is Gibraltar, at 75,000 inhabitants.

The British Empire underwent a whirlwind of conservatisim, with the kingdoms making up the Empire being divided up amongst the Royal Family. Empress Elizabeth step down from the throne in 1990 and retired the Kingdom of Kenya, still a vassal of the British Empire. She still lives and rules there. In the 1965 world cup, The British Empire lost decisively against both Irish and Canadian rebels, leading to the independence of those countries. Canada would go on to be defeated and annexed by the U.S in 1979. In 1998, Australia and New Zealand finally obtained permission to govern themselves as Oceania. Under the condition that their elected leaders pay homage to the Emperor.

However, the U.S has also been affected by everything. In the late 1950's the U.S was desegregated forcefully after the Blood Month. The Blood Month, was October of 1959, a cult had been building up an underground presence for a years before they came out on top in the secret wars that politicians wage for influence over sheep. A man was elected president, President Richard McKells, soon displayed who he really was. In secret he had been a Ku Klux Klan Member, and was a member of a Blutwird cult that had infiltrated the government. They performed cleansing, ritual murder and cannibalism of impure skin colors and all sympathetic to them. It took three years for it to come to light, but when it did, you can be sure that somehow, the American People did not respond with violence, well, without a lot of violence I guess. Americans looked and scoured the country for Blutwirds, any that were found were lynched in the streets, often torn apart. More seven thousand Americans met their end that way. In end, due to the presence of the cult, and the fact they devoured a lot of minorities, the white establishment could not justify the cost of segregation. Just before WWII, there where 47 states, and the newest state was the Indian majority state of Syncret. But today, there are 59 states, and still 5 territories.

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:18 am

Tiberius wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:47 pm

Also do you want to focus the game in any particular era.
Well I intend on focusing the game on 2000 and on, with similar tech levels to real life, though there are some important caveats, and turns/ whatever they are will be about a month long. And since you can be either a hero or a villain, you can most definitely die, specially at the hands of another player.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:09 pm

In the 1965 world cup, The British Empire lost decisively against both Irish and Canadian rebels, leading to the independence of those countries. Canada would go on to be defeated and annexed by the U.S in 1979.
I realize its a typo/ambiguous wording but it sounds like Canada and Ireland Beat Britain at Soccer to gain their independence until they later lost to the states.

Also when I said era I was thinking region. Im tired.