CandleGlow (Roguelike RPG!)

For playing roles.
Guineapig004

Re: CandleGlow (Roguelike RPG!)

Post by Guineapig004 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:06 pm

Ivor looks through the clutter of the first house.

Loot Roll: 12-8-6= -2

(OOC: Oh boy, we all suck at finding stuff, they picked the worst possible people...)
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:43 am

“Barbados, I realized that I have 1 ration. I can give it to you. Sorry I didn’t notice it earlier. Here you go.”

Mara gives Barbados her ration

Mara goes to the second house and searches for loot
19-3-2-3-2=9
Wit-1 Luck-3

OOCWill update character sheet for giving Barbados her ration
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:51 am

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:49 pm
Mara Green
Peasant Level 0
Buff: Always apt in handler, guile, empathy, Vocation (Cooking), Lore (Homeland Western District), and Survivor
(Homeland Western District)
Flaw: X2 Psychic damage.
Null: Null mind control.
Meeklings recovery x2 LP and SP from food and rest.
Meeklings deal +1d6 additional damage when wielding peasant weapons.
Uber-- Hard Target: Increases the Meekling deflect by their apt action dice for 1d6 stages.
Physical Traits
Hair Color: Orange
Skin Color: Pale
Eye Color: Black
Height: 0.90 m
Weight:17 kg
Psychological, Social, Spiritual Properties
Language: Kant always known
Godhead: Any, Usually Daen
XP Rate: X2 bonus XP
Reproduction: Sexual mated pair
Lifespan: 40-120, Maturity: 10
Society: Trading Pastoral or Nomadic Commune; everything is shared within the community.
Fabulous Secret Powers
Flaw: X2 Psychic damage.
Null: Null mind control.
Buff: Always apt in handler, guile, empathy, Vocation (Cooking), Lore (Homeland), and Survivor
(Homeland)
Meeklings recovery x2 LP and SP from food and rest.
Meeklings deal +1d6 additional damage when wielding peasant weapons.
Uber-- Hard Target: Increases the Meekling deflect by their apt action dice for 1d6 stages. U1
Aspects:
Yare: 11: Clumsy, -1 on Yare rolls, Movement Speed of 2, -1 to Base Deflect
Vigor: 12: Weak, -1 on Vigor rolls, Cannot carry more than 40kg, -1 Toughness, -1 Life per Level
Soul: 9: Below Average Human, -2 to Soul rolls, -20 Max Sanity Points, 2 Guilt
Mind: 10: Below Average Human, -2 to Mind rolls, Mostly Monosyllabic, may train in literacy, Knows 0 Lore Types
Charm: 10: Below Average Human, -2 to Charm rolls, 0 Lark Actions, Vendors buy items at 15% their worth, Default NPC Reaction is Unfriendly
Wit: 12: Gullible, -1 to Wit rolls, 0 Known Survivor Environments, 0 Bonus to Aptitude Checks
Talent: 7: Rube, -3 to Talent Rolls, Max Skill Level is 7, 4 Talent Points Per Level Up, 0 Known Vocations
Luck: 7: Unlucky Fellow, -3 to Luck rolls, Luck Range is 10%, Starting Gear is: 1 Canteen, Naked
Non Custom features are still present
Subtracted 1 ration from gear because I gave to Barbados, added the Secret Powers to top for easier reference
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:32 am

Dang it guys, I told you I'd give you a description of the area and stuff! Whatever, that's your beef now. Ivor and Mara effectively decided not to take in their surroundings and began to scrounge immediately... The next update will give Barbados the description of the area and the results of your loot actions.
And there I stood, aghast, as the goat charged up the back steps and into the open door of the house. I could hear the crashing of plates and the overturning of furniture from the dining room as the goat continued it's vandalism.

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 am

(OOC: Oh, that's what you meant. Sorry about that Baked Toast, didn't quite get what you meant then. Burger Cat, give our characters a description of the surroundings if don't mind ;) .)
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:13 am

Could be a bit of a wait before the next turn. I'm quite busy IRL at this point.
And there I stood, aghast, as the goat charged up the back steps and into the open door of the house. I could hear the crashing of plates and the overturning of furniture from the dining room as the goat continued it's vandalism.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:16 pm

its fine.
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Several small, nearly destroyed brick huts lay scattered before the Foray, their roofs all but gone, and naught but their foundations barely sticking up above the ground.
Ivor and Mara quickly rush towards the first two huts, not stopping to survey their surroundings, while Barbados takes in the scene.
(Ivor's Loot = 1-cannot go lower than 1- , vs Droll -1d20+1d4- Danger Zone = (19+2) 21, Judge Wins)
Try as Ivor might, he can find nothing other than the dust of eroded masonry. This house must have been picked clean ages ago.
(Mara's Loot = 9, vs Droll -1d20+1d4- Danger zone = (8+3) 11, Judge Wins)
Mara's house also appears to be picked clean, as she finds nothing of value in the house.

Shortly beyond where Ivor and Mara rushed in to loot their respective brick huts, Barbados sees that the houses farther away are in slightly better condition, but that is not what fixates him. The entire village seems to have been abandoned eons ago. He notices a small glow moving between the alleys between two of the houses, almost like that of a small torch light.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:03 pm

OOC: Does Mara or Ivor notice the light too or just Barbados?

IC: Mara gets out of the house and starts to look around.
Korobeiniki

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:16 pm

Ivor steps out of the house. "Stupid luck, why was I chosen for this anyway..." He then goes to Barbados and says, "What are you looking at? Get searching!"