0.7.0.Ex (Experimental)

It's work complete, the playtesting forum rides off into the sunset.
Riulus

Re: 0.7.0.Ex (Experimental)

Post by Riulus » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:26 pm

unfortunately for me, I am one of those people who do not like nasty bugs that could crash the game. I'll pass until 0.7.0 is officially released
Astronomy and simulating Planet collisions is so much fun...

kopout

Post by kopout » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:59 am

ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)
at SpeciesALRE.World.World.ImportCreature(StreamReader reader) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\SaveLoad.cs:line 336
at SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.NewWorld_Update() in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:line 7566
at SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.Update(Vector2 MousePosition, Boolean isMouseDown, KeyboardState kState) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:line 6494
at SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:line 532
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at SpeciesALRE.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Program.cs:line 18

Species, Version=0.7.0.234, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
so, I have the game up on full screen, I have saved world (actually saved not just autosaved) and when I go to make a new world I get that error.
White parrot wrote: On the other hand,
WE'RE STILL ALIVE!! TAKE THAT, INDIFFERENT POWERS OF THE SKY!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImage

AngerDomeAble

Post by AngerDomeAble » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:14 am

At the menu it still says its version 6.1 instead of 7.0
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:32 am

kopout wrote:ArgumentOutOfRangeException

[snip]

so, I have the game up on full screen, I have saved world (actually saved not just autosaved) and when I go to make a new world I get that error.
Do you have any exported or engineered creatures in the Species\Creatures folder? The error that is being thrown seems to be being caused by one of them... a corrupted export file, perhaps?

kopout

Post by kopout » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:41 am

yes I do I'll try geting rid of them
White parrot wrote: On the other hand,
WE'RE STILL ALIVE!! TAKE THAT, INDIFFERENT POWERS OF THE SKY!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:44 am

MrKyurem wrote:It's looking good so far, although I did get this error:

ArgumentOutOfRangeException

[snip]
A few questions, if you don't mind answering them...

- When did this error happen? On startup or midway through a game?
- What world size were you using?
- Was there anything unusal about the world (was it single-biome, or did it have no trees or something)

The error itself seems to be happening because the code is trying to use an unobtainable value for "number of trees" in the tree-draw routine. Possibly it is exceeding hardware limits, or having trouble accepting a 0 for that value? I'm not sure at this stage.

(Edit), Nevermind, found it :D

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:46 am

kopout wrote:yes I do I'll try geting rid of them
Could you send them to me if possible, so I can work out which one is corrupt and possibly why?

I might be able to fix the original bug that caused this if I can trace it back to it's source.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:54 am

Experimental Patch 2:

http://www.speciesgame.com/Downloads/Sp ... ch%202.zip

• Fixed MrKyurem's Crash, which happened when with oversized worlds exceeded the hardcoded "number of tree matrices to send to the graphics card" limit (20,000 for each type, in case you're wondering).

• Added a "Maximum Number of Trees Drawn" option to the options page, so rather than using sane limits you can set it to 2,147,483,648 and cause an Int32 overflow crash instead (Because I know some of you will. And yes, I have had people reporting integer overflow errors).

• Fixed a bug where if you tried to start up using the Initialise From Exported option after quitting a previously running Initialise From Exported game, the Old Gods would be summoned and life as we know it would cease to exist. I don't think this was Kopout's error since life as we know it didn't cease to exist, but I did find it while looking for Kopout's error.

• Fixed the menu logo still saying "0.6.1" instead of "0.7.0" (Most. Important. Fix. EVER)

• Added two exported creatures to the Exported Creature List. Because I could.

And now I must sleep.

Skylimit

Post by Skylimit » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:55 am

I have this exception when saving
I also get a crash when adding rovers, then deleting them, then saving, then try to add rovers (did not capture the error though, but happened twice
please note : this is not with the patch you just released, I will apply it now
edit : the rover-"bug" still happens with the new patch

NullReferenceException

De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.

bij SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.Update(Vector2 MousePosition, Boolean isMouseDown, KeyboardState kState) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:regel 6447
bij SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:regel 532
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
bij SpeciesALRE.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Program.cs:regel 18

Skylimit

Post by Skylimit » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:45 pm

Rover bug

NullReferenceException

De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.

bij SpeciesALRE.World.Artificial.RoverAI.AddTask(RoverTask task, FenceList fenceList) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Artificial\RoverAI.cs:regel 170
bij SpeciesALRE.World.Artificial.RoverAI.Reprioritise(CreatureList creatureList, VegetationGrid vegeGrid, RoverTaskType newTask, FenceList fenceList) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Artificial\RoverAI.cs:regel 153
bij SpeciesALRE.World.Artificial.RoverAI.Update(CreatureList creatureList, VegetationGrid vegeGrid, FenceList fenceList) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Artificial\RoverAI.cs:regel 90
bij SpeciesALRE.World.Artificial.RoverList.Update(World world, CreatureList creatureList, KeyboardListener keyboard, GameCamera camera, Int32 selectedRoverIndex, Single gameSpeedMultiplier) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Artificial\RoverList.cs:regel 96
bij SpeciesALRE.Game1.UpdateGame(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:regel 713
bij SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:regel 606
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
bij SpeciesALRE.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Program.cs:regel 18