0.9.0.Ex (Experimental)

It's work complete, the playtesting forum rides off into the sunset.
20 characters!

Re: 0.9.0.Ex (Experimental)

Post by 20 characters! » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:40 pm

Natural_20 wrote:
geckoguy42 wrote:
Quasar wrote: That's more a game-design issue than a bug. How would I stop the nursery from being flooded if you flood the map? I could probably put some time into getting the concrete fences to keep water out, but that would only give you a meter or two extra sea level rise.
Or rise the ground level of the nursery as you rise the sea level, or bigger fences... there are plenty ways of doing that
Why not just change the terrain height underneath the nursery during world gen? It shouldn't be too difficult to have the game insert a little nursery-shaped plateau into the height map.
The game already sort of does that...
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Grockstar124

Post by Grockstar124 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:07 pm

20 characters! wrote:
Natural_20 wrote:
geckoguy42 wrote: Or rise the ground level of the nursery as you rise the sea level, or bigger fences... there are plenty ways of doing that
Why not just change the terrain height underneath the nursery during world gen? It shouldn't be too difficult to have the game insert a little nursery-shaped plateau into the height map.
The game already sort of does that...
But it only raises it a few feet above the seafloor, even if you move it into the mountains.
See how the game of life is never won, you only play
Bore him and you will find you're crumpled up and thrown away
Clinging to fate and blaming it when life won't go your way
Such a laugh, HA! Life is just a game!

↑The Game of Life↓

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:01 pm

So, I tried loading a world......it crashed for some unknown reason.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Item(Int32 index, T value)
at SpeciesALRE.World.Creatures.Genome.Load(BinaryReader reader) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Creatures\Genome\Genome.cs:line 680
at SpeciesALRE.World.Artificial.Nursery.Load(BinaryReader reader) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Artificial\Nursary.cs:line 355
at SpeciesALRE.World.World.LoadWorldFromFile(GraphicsDevice GraphicsDevice, String FileName, GameCamera cCamera) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\SaveLoad.cs:line 489
at SpeciesALRE.World.World.BuildWorld(GraphicsDevice GraphicsDevice, String& loadGameFilePath, Int32 seed) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\World.cs:line 208
at SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:line 567
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at SpeciesALRE.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Program.cs:line 21

Species, Version=0.9.0.385, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Installation Path: C:\Users\Max.P\Desktop\Species 0.9.0 (Prerelease #2)
CultureInfo: English (United States) | Decimal Character: "."
UIView: None | SelectionMode: Creature
youtubeuserSara3346
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
ImageImageImage

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 pm

This time I tried importing a creature.....
ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: time

at n_SkinnedModel.AnimationPlayer.UpdateBoneTransforms(TimeSpan time, Boolean relativeToCurrentTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\SkinnedModel\AnimationPlayer.cs:line 121
at SpeciesALRE.World.Creatures.Limb.RunWalkAnimation(Single moveSpeed, Single gSize, Single gameSpeedMultiplier, Boolean isRunning) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Creatures\BodyPlan\Body Meshes\Link.Limb.cs:line 399
at SpeciesALRE.World.Creatures.Creature.WalkTowards(Vector3 _location, World world, Boolean isBlind) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Creatures\Creature.cs:line 912
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.WalkToEntity.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\WalkToEntity.cs:line 56
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.Routine.Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& currentTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\Routine.cs:line 81
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.Sequence.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\Sequence.cs:line 47
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.Routine.Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& currentTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\Routine.cs:line 81
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.Browse.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\Browse.cs:line 45
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.SeekFood.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\SeekFood.cs:line 89
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.Succeeder.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\Succeeder.cs:line 31
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.Sequence.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\Sequence.cs:line 47
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.Selector.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\Selector.cs:line 46
at SpeciesALRE.World.Creatures.AI.Emotion.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Creatures\AI\Emotion.cs:line 106
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.EmotionController.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\EmotionController.cs:line 160
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.Repeat.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\Repeat.cs:line 66
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.TryWhile.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\TryWhile.cs:line 64
at SpeciesALRE.BehaviorTree.Selector.On_Act(Entity entity, World world, List`1& routineTree) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\BehaviorTree\Selector.cs:line 46
at SpeciesALRE.World.Creatures.AI.Brain.Act(World world) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Creatures\AI\Brain.cs:line 80
at SpeciesALRE.World.Creatures.Creature.UpdateBehaviorals(GameTime gameTime, World world, Boolean& hittingCreatureCap) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Creatures\Creature.cs:line 585
at SpeciesALRE.World.Creatures.CreatureList.Update(GameTime gameTime, World world, Entity& selectedEntity, Species& selectedSpecies, Species& semiSelectedSpecies, SelectionMode selectionMode, HighlightFilter highlightFilter, Boolean ultraTime, Boolean& hittingCreatureCap, EntityGrid vegeGrid, QuadTerrain terrain, SpeciesList speciesList, Single totalSimulationTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\World\Creatures\CreatureList.cs:line 248
at SpeciesALRE.Game1.updateAllCreatures(Object input) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:line 740
at SpeciesALRE.Game1.UpdateGame(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:line 655
at SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:line 596
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at SpeciesALRE.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Program.cs:line 21

Species, Version=0.9.0.385, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Installation Path: C:\Users\Max.P\Desktop\Species 0.9.0 (Prerelease #2)
CultureInfo: English (United States) | Decimal Character: "."
UIView: Compact | SelectionMode: Ecosystem
youtubeuserSara3346
ImageImageImage

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:11 am

Try redownloading it. There was a problem with the one I uploaded two days ago.

Also, this version is not backwards compatible with the old saves and creatures. Keep that in mind.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:14 am

Quasar wrote:Try redownloading it. There was a problem with the one I uploaded two days ago.

Also, this version is not backwards compatible with the old saves and creatures. Keep that in mind.
...but you never updated the post on page 6 so I thought the link was still the same...
youtubeuserSara3346
ImageImageImage

Skylimit

Post by Skylimit » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:28 pm

Congratulations with this version
It is very stable
I particularly like the population control - it is now viable to have extremly long running simulations without intervention, and without the pc blowing up or the population going totally extinct
I also like the sexual reproduction

From my first simulation that ran for many hours, I saw that specialization from -0.7 to 1
The longer it ran the more the bandwidth tended to -0.3 to 0.3 in stead
I think a larger population could drive them to more extremes, which is what I'm going to try now

I did spot a tendency for small heads, but it was not overwhelming, in the later game I did see creatures with larger heads

All in all, it looks very balanced and stable
I haven't gotten round to try the new features though

Skylimit

Post by Skylimit » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:29 am

Load game crashes on me (even before I can make a selection)

FormatException

De indeling van de invoertekenreeks is onjuist.

bij System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
bij System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
bij System.Single.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
bij System.Single.Parse(String s)
bij SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.ExtractWorldStatsFromFile(String currentFilePath) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:regel 7612
bij SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.MainMenu_Update() in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:regel 7575
bij SpeciesALRE.UI.UIManager.Update(GameMouse gameMouse, KeyboardState kState) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\UI\UIManager.cs:regel 5903
bij SpeciesALRE.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Game1.cs:regel 520
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
bij SpeciesALRE.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\Quasar\Documents\Qu's Projects\Species\Source\Species\Program.cs:regel 24

Species, Version=0.9.0.398, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Installation Path: C:\species\0.9.0\Species 0.9.0 (Prerelease #3)
CultureInfo: Dutch (Belgium) | Decimal Character: ","
UIView: MainMenu | SelectionMode: Creature

Skylimit

Post by Skylimit » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:18 pm

Another issue seems to be that I cannot select a different world map
Once the game starts it changes back to always the same map
edit : got round this, it does not happen every time

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:39 pm

Skylimit wrote:Another issue seems to be that I cannot select a different world map
Once the game starts it changes back to always the same map
edit : got round this, it does not happen every time
You're back! 0.0
youtubeuserSara3346
ImageImageImage