Civilisations

Speculative evolution and forum games
AngerDomeAble

Re: Civilisations

Post by AngerDomeAble » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:36 am

Now that you mention it yeah they could be called saints.
20 is against common sense.
Don't believe his lies.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:50 am

More to be added

Velk the God of Kings and King of Gods.
God of the Ocean, Weather and Victory

He grants strength and manipulates the weather for both his own amusement and to aid the worthy in conflict. His Followers show gratitude after a victorious battle by throwing Prisoners Of War with bound hands and feet into the Ocean as sacrifices. The Soul of the sacrifice goes directly to Velk to be consumed. It is said that if a sacrifice is found alive at shore, it’s a sign that he is chosen by Regium to be King.
Depicted as a Sea Monster with a crown like crest on its head

Corlius
God of Mountains, Competition and Strength

When Humans die they are sent to Corlius’s Arena. Every 9 years, competition is held that determines where the dead souls go to rest. Those that show cowardice are sent into the Abyss. Those that win dine with the gods in their hall, deep beneath the ground. Most people end up somewhere in between in the mountains, where they wander forever.
Depicted as a Large Predatory Animal (Depends on what animals exist)

Liris

Goddess of Forests, Hunting and Stealth

She created animals for human for hunting, and to lure them into the wilds to be challenged by them. When she finds a human who might be worthy of patronage she attempts to kill him until he or she is slain. If the human wins, he becomes a master hunter able to move without making a sound but is also tasked with doing Liris’s work.
Depicted as an Ambush Predator

Orestius
God of the Sun, Diligence and Glory

Orestius watches the world from above, relaying everything to Velk so that he may choose to aid the worthy in battle. He provides light to the world, in exchange Velkans provide him with entertainment, in the form of bloodshed. He moves around the world so that no part of it goes without his notice for too long, and because of this it is less honourable to fight in the night than it is in day for Orestius and therefore Velk will not know of it.

Depicted as the Sun

Myrk
God of the Moon, Betrayal and Monsters
Myrk betrayed the other gods and attempted to seize the world for himself but failed. He was outnumbered four to one so he created a great number of beasts to aid him in his war. After he lost they were banished to the Abyss (The night sky). Orestius continues to watch him, but every night he hides more and more until when he disappears, and then manages to get a monster to the ground. This is followed by Myrk's magic slowly wearing off and him reappearing . Every star is a monster, and they all fear light. Everyone and a while Myrk will attempt to escape and fight with Orestius (eclipses) before he is thrown back into the Abyss.

Depicted as the Moon

Krir

God Of the Abyss, Fear and Darkness

Krir was the first god, he was born from the darkness of the Abyss and hates light because of it. He claims all of existence on the basis that he was the first god, but Orestius who was the second god prevents him from covering everything in darkness. He later created Myrk, after the other gods appeared to spread his influence beyond the Abyss although that ultimately failed. After the world was created he despised it and Orestius as it filled his Abyss with light and things that he could not have. He terrorises humans that do not pay him respect and sacrifices. Sacrifices are made to him every month when the moon is gone, they are given a poison then immured.

Depicted as a black robed figure with no visible face (Nazgul)
Last edited by Tiberius on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:54 am, edited 10 times in total.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:03 am

When will you update the map?

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:06 am

So how will tech work in this game?
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Grockstar124

Post by Grockstar124 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:13 am

20 characters! wrote:So how will tech work in this game?
No idea, and again (because it drowned in the sea of replies), WHAT TECH LEVEL DO WE START AT! WHAT TECH LEVEL!
See how the game of life is never won, you only play
Bore him and you will find you're crumpled up and thrown away
Clinging to fate and blaming it when life won't go your way
Such a laugh, HA! Life is just a game!

↑The Game of Life↓

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:15 am

Grockstar124 wrote:
No idea, and again (because it drowned in the sea of replies), WHAT TECH LEVEL DO WE START AT! WHAT TECH LEVEL!
Well we have cities, and he compared us to greece, so I'd assume either, early bronze age or late Neolithic

Edit Google says the Copper ages is a thing so Copper age

Edit 2 the start date is 0AD so Iron age?

Edit 3 Bronze working and sailing are techs, so there are consistency errors and Alpha needs to answer this question

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:51 am

Tiberius wrote:
Grockstar124 wrote:
Well we have cities, and he compared us to greece, so I'd assume either, early bronze age or late Neolithic

Edit Google says the Copper ages is a thing so Copper age

Edit 2 the start date is 0AD so Iron age?

Edit 3 Bronze working and sailing are techs, so there are consistency errors and Alpha needs to answer this question
I dunno. There's not a specific age. Remember this is another planet so technology may of been developed at different rates.
My Major Competitions:
Droetis
Charbiss
Petrixic

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:53 am

Alpha wrote:This will be a work in progress. I will add more detail as it goes on, eventually when we are satisfied I will begin the game.

TURN 1
YEAR: 0AD
Right here

Silly Otter

Post by Silly Otter » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:55 am

I'm still developing my religion, I have to wait for my friend Ghost Minx, of whom is on a date.
The dragons where conscripted
20 characters! wrote:GUARDS, TAKE HIM TO THE FLUFFY BUNNY CHAMBER!

Grockstar124

Post by Grockstar124 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:02 am

Silly Otter wrote:I'm still developing my religion, I have to wait for my friend Ghost Minx, of whom is on a date.
Pallas guide him/her.
Wait, she is everything wrong with the world. I just doomed your friend. I really am a horrible person.
See how the game of life is never won, you only play
Bore him and you will find you're crumpled up and thrown away
Clinging to fate and blaming it when life won't go your way
Such a laugh, HA! Life is just a game!

↑The Game of Life↓