Competition - Charbiss

Speculative evolution and forum games
Vikingking

Re: Competition - Charbiss

Post by Vikingking » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:35 am

kopout wrote:I am here! My vote is actualy for the entire spoon to grow into a Murq. Basicly having it elongate and coil, sliping out of the crack to float away and grow its own spoons.
I considered that too, but I simply didn't think to have the spoon stretch out to escape being caught. I'll be changing my vote to this if that's allowed.

Yasahiro

Post by Yasahiro » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:01 pm

So, Update, dear Alpha? It was going to happen on 26th, no?
Silly Otter wrote: At least our trees aren't fruit-whores!
DRAGONS!
ImageImageImage

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:13 am

TURN 4

Environment Description

Charbiss is the second planet that orbits around the star Firiope.The surface of planet Charbiss is a barren wasteland, exposed to high amounts of radiation due to having a extremely thin atmosphere. Almost all of Charbiss' Oxygen and Hydrogen is used to form the water within its caverns.
Deep underneath the surface however, an enormous network of interconnecting caverns exist. These caverns vary from the size of a large city, to tiny little tunnels that only a mole could fit through. The caverns are almost entirely filled with water. The water has a gradient in temperature, being around 80C at the bottom and 30C at the top due to the high amount of geothermal vents that scatter the underwater caverns floor. Charbiss has currents that are caused by convection, the hot water rises to the top, then as it cools is forced back down again to start the cycle again.

Teams
Team I Am Out Of Ideas (IAOOI) (Tiberius, joshthehawk)
Team Metamorphic Magic (Ewery1, 20characters!)
Team Three Star (Yasahiro, Silly otter)
Team Fremulon (kopout, Vikingking)

SPECIES FOR TEAM “IAOOI”
Eggs: base 4 +2 (50% support) = 6.
Digestive system: base 5 +2 (50% support) = 7, capped to 6.

Shark Lytracker (Axeritrace Shakkus)

Changes:
Shark Lytrackers have gained a series of organs designed to process their food and get rid of their waste products. This digestive system has two stomachs, which connect to two intertwined intestines, which finally dumps the fully digested food into a singular bowel, where it is eventually excreted from the Lytracker.
Lytrackers have an organ that produces eggs. These eggs are laid in large clusters in crevices around the geothermal vents. The small developing Lytrackers use a combination of nutrients from the egg and energy gained from thermosynthesizing to grow. Once large enough they break out of the egg, and start to hunt for organisms to satisfy their hunger.
Appearance:
Small multicellular carbon-based life forms that look similar in shape to small dolphins/fish. Each organism is around 4cm. Has four fins on its head that it uses to stabilise itself while swimming.
Notable Features:
Reproduces asexually by producing large clusters of eggs. Developing embryos use a combination of Thermosynthesis and nutrients found within the egg to grow.
Has a a complicated nervous system which feels pressure, temperature and pain. On its face there is an organ that senses vibrations and converts them into sound. They can emit high pitched sounds and construct a mental image of where things are due to their very good ears.
Has four stabilisation fins around its face, and a dolphin-like tail fin which it moves up and down to swim with.
Has a series of organs devoted to digesting food, this includes two stomachs that connect to their own seperate intestine, and a bowel that the two intestines dump the digested food into.
Diet:
Developing embryos are producers, (Thermosynthesis). Uses heat to produce energy. The adults are Carnivores. Eats other organisms to produce energy.
Habitat:
The geothermal depths of the caverns.
Conservation Status:
VU

SPECIES FOR TEAM “METAMORPHIC MAGIC”
Paddles like those on bristle worms: base 6 +2 (50% support) = 8, capped to 6.
Hearing: base 2 +2 (50% support) = 4.

Paddle Wirth (Withasiae Padaechous)

Changes:
These Wirths have once again altered their swimming style, combining their sideway undulations with a strip of paddles on either side of their long bodies. These paddles are a similar in shape to a tiny oak leaf. On the end of each paddle is a cluster of small hairs, which can sense the direction of the currents and if they are touching an object.
Wirths can sense vibrations in the water through their skin. These vibrations are converted into sound using a small organ in the middle of their bodies. However, their sense of hearing isn't very refined, so they cannot hear specific sounds; rather, they can hear the difference between large and small vibrations. This is still effective for their needs though, as they just need to know if their are predators around so that their tail isn't chewed off when it sticks out of its burrow.
Appearance:
Small multicellular carbon-based life forms that resemble worms and grow around the geothermal vents. Each worm is around 5cm long when fully stretched, and about 2.5cm when fully shrunken. Has a series of paddles on either side of its body.
Notable Features:
Reproduces using singe-celled spores that float through the caverns and find new vents to grow around.
Resembles a worm.
Has an organ that crushes rocks to get at their minerals. Has three glands around their mouth that spit acid.
Have muscles that allow them to expand and contract so they can hide inside of their burrows. Can swim using a similar way that snakes move on land. They have a series of paddles on either side of their long bodies, which allow them to swim quite quickly. These paddles have a cluster of small hairs on the end; these hairs sense the direction of the current and if they are touching an object. Has mitochondria that provide them with a lot of energy when they Thermosynthesize.
Can convert vibrations into sound using a special organ; however they can only tell the difference between large and small vibrations.
Diet:
Producer (Thermosynthesis). Uses heat to produce energy.
Habitat:
Conservation Status:
NT

SPECIES FOR TEAM “THREE STAR”
Vampiric tentacles: base 5 +2 (50% support) = 7, capped to 6.
Paralysis toxin: base 5 +2 (50% support) = 7, capped to 6.

Vampire Serque (Serartiaes Lamia)

Changes:
Vampire Serques now grow into a cluster of spines that grow above the sediment. These spines ward off predators. If a predator gets too close, they get impaled by these spines. These spines have minuscule hooks on them that prevent the creature from escaping. Inside of these spines are a highly effective paralysis toxin, which is released through small pores when a creature has been impaled on them. Small roots grow out of the spines, eventually spreading throughout its whole body. These roots dissolve and absorb the nutrients from inside of the creature, letting the Serques gather much needed vitamins and minerals. Using this new way to gather nutrients, Serques can now grow a lot bigger, dominating the caverns floor.
Appearance:
Small multicellular carbon-based life forms that grow into 'spiny clusters around deposits of Sulfur. Each organism is around 7 - 10cm tall.
Notable Features:
Reproduces using singe-celled spores that float through the caverns and find new vents to grow around.
Has a primitive form of respiration.
Has two forms of roots: large, stable, acid secreting roots and the tiny, rapid growing mycelium-like absorbing roots. The first use Sulfuric acid to dissolve Sulfur deposits and the latter absorb this dissolved Sulfur to fuel their metabolism.
Has large spines that deter predators. If an organism is impaled upon these spines, a paralysis toxin is released into their bodies and then they are dissolved and absorbed by small roots.
Diet:
Producer (Chemolithotrophy). Uses Sulfur and Water to produce energy. The water is split using a chemical reaction to produce oxygen and hydrogen. The oxygen and Sulfur combines to make Sulfur Dioxide, which also creates energy in the process. More water and hydrogen is added to create H2SO4 (Sulfuric acid), which is released through the roots to dissolve the surrounding Sulfur and thus get more ingredients to make energy. The acid harmlessly disperses, usually forming back into water and Sulfur.
They are also opportunistic carnivores, and will happily digest an organism that is trapped by their spines.
Habitat:
Conservation Status:
LC

SPECIES FOR TEAM “FREMULON”
Discarded spoons grow into more Murqs: base 6 +5 (100% support) = 11, capped to 6.

Multiplying Murq (Murcitias Replicatus)

Changes:
These Murqs have a drastically different method of reproduction. Instead of ejecting small spores to grow, Murqs now reproduce with their discarded spoons. These spoons elongate and develop spoons of their own, eventually turning into a fully-grown Murq. This means that every Murq from this species is essentially a clone of all the other ones.
Appearance:
Small multicellular carbon-based life forms that form into the shape of corkscrews. Each corkscrew has a series of growths on the outside that resemble spoons, which catch the water currents and make the organism spin much faster. Each corkscrew is around 1cm.
Notable Features:
Reproduces using it's discarded spoons. These elongate and slowly grow into the shape of a corkscrew.
Has spoons on the outside that make it spin faster. These spoons can feel pressure and can use muscles to swivel them around the get more current. Murqs are able to drop these spoons if they get stuck, in a similar ways to some varieties of lizard drop their tails.
Murqs secrete an enzyme that irritates the Lytrackers skin.
Diet:
Producer (Kinetosynthesis). Uses the kinetic energy of the currents to produce energy for itself.
Habitat:
The geothermal currents of the caverns.
Conservation Status:
LC

OVERVIEW
Lytrackers main source of prey has now developed a defence, and sometimes even eats the predators. Lytrackers have dropped in population, but they are managing to survive by hunting the Wirths. They hover very quietly by the Geothermal vents, waiting for a Wirths to pop its tail out of its burrow, and then quickly move in to eat it before another Lutracker gets it. Wirths are losing more of their population due to increased predation by the Lytrackers, but they aren't suffering too badly as they have a much faster way of swimming and better senses now. Serques have switched from being the prey to being the predator, digesting any organism that is impaled by their spines. Murqs have gained a new way of reproduction, and tend to stay out of the way of all the other creatures.
Last edited by Alpha on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Major Competitions:
Droetis
Charbiss
Petrixic

Yasahiro

Post by Yasahiro » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:24 am

Hearing: base 3 +2 (50% support) = 4.
Should be a 5.

Now... Give me bioluminescence! You can choose the color!

Guys, fighting against me... It's useless... USELESS USELESS USELESS MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDAAAAA!

If that Silliness of Otter variety doesn't vote, then I use his vote for Muscle Cells
Silly Otter wrote: At least our trees aren't fruit-whores!
DRAGONS!
ImageImageImage

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:47 am

Evolve Lithotrophy , gain energy by rusting iron.(yes there are organisms that can do this)

Don't get me wrong, I like third most instances… So if I can keep that as well as this I would be fine.

I'm only voting for this because I'm tired of being confined.
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:14 am

Yasahiro wrote:
Hearing: base 3 +2 (50% support) = 4.
Should be a 5.

Now... Give me bioluminescence! You can choose the color!

Guys, fighting against me... It's useless... USELESS USELESS USELESS MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDAAAAA!

If that Silliness of Otter variety doesn't vote, then I use his vote for Muscle Cells
sorry about that
My Major Competitions:
Droetis
Charbiss
Petrixic

joshthehawk

Post by joshthehawk » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:19 am

Evolve a thin muscular tentacle to drag things to our mouth.
If I'm making a comment with this type of text I'm talking as a moderator.
Anonymous wrote:And those who were seen dancing
where thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music.

Vikingking

Post by Vikingking » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:17 am

I don't know, souped up anti-murder enzymes I guess? We're basically golden right now already...

Ewery1

Post by Ewery1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:07 pm

Hearing: base 3 +2 (50% support) = 4???????????
Also, what happened to our digestive system and mitochondria?
- Your local Red Panda with way too much power
Yasahiro wrote:Then improve the amphibity.... It's a word now, I made it.
Join my new classic competition game!

They're all grown up!
Image Image Image

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Ewery1 wrote:Hearing: base 3 +2 (50% support) = 4???????????
Also, what happened to our digestive system and mitochondria?
Sorry, it was meant to be a two. I'm not perfect you know.
You never had a digestive system, and it says you have mitochondria somewhere in the description.
My Major Competitions:
Droetis
Charbiss
Petrixic