Tiberius

Re: Definitely Not Earth’s Twin Two

Post by Tiberius » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:20 pm

Reminder that there's a turn tomorrow, so vote before then

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:22 am

Team ABNTT:

Develop reproductive spores that blow in the wind.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:50 am

Burger Cat wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:43 pm
You've got less than 24 hours to make your vote for team octotank.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:35 am

Team Octotank:

Vote: Supporting the vote that BakedToast suggested would allow us to get omnivory with the plant digestion.

I do support the sex vote as well to allow us to possibly take a niche that isn't hold by any organisms yet and allow us for one step for land completed.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:41 pm

ABNTT
Develop proper roots
Spores

Octotank
Eat Plants
Sex Vote Respiration

Any
Optimise Exoskeleton
Sex Vote Lungs so climb onto slime

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:10 am

Turn :Eight
This turn was a bit rushed so I hope there aren't any mistakes, but if I forgot something tell me so I can fix it.
Event:Lowering Sea Level
A drop in sea level caused by a drop in average temperature among other things takes place. This has resulted in an increase in competition in the Munr sea, and has been particularly hard for the Slime as the surface area of the sea drops.
Next turn will be on the next weekend(Not the one in two days) We’re going back to normal after today.
Team Octotank
Votes-
Eat Plants Auto 6
Sex Vote: Respiration 3+3=6

Changes:
Slime Scavenger- Oscolumpnam Virimei
The Slime Scavenger has evolved a beak like mouth that can be used to cut through and eat chunks of live slime. It has used this adaptation to cut nests into the bottom of the slime mats. This burrows have given the scavenger refuge from the increased predation taking place in the sea as well as providing an alternate food source. The slime prevented the scavenger from desiccating. The Scavengers have picked up a habit of mating and transferring eggs within the slime mat, which selected for organisms able to stay in the mat for longer. This resulted in the evolution of lungs, which allows the scavenger to survive within the slime indefinitely, but also to grow much larger, making the males and females comparable in size to the jawed eel, while the ocmales have grown larger.

Event Effects
The Scavenger has become the victim of the greatly increased Eel predation due to the drop in prey species, but also struggles to find enough food for the same reason.

Description:
   The organism is a predator with a cylindrical shape and symmetry from one end to the other. It has a cylindrical ribecage. It has a digestive system that can process fresh and decayed meat as well as slime. It’s immune system is based on virophages that are selected for to defeat pathogens and held within a small organ. Each end has three tentacles that are used as locomotion aids and for grabbing and identifying things. Two of the tentacles have bladed flanges that are replaced over time. It has a beak. It has lungs. It has a trisexual reproductive system and herding behaviour. The herds are made up of many males and females centered around an ocmale. The ocmale carries the fertilised eggs given by the males and females. The eggs can be used as weapons, spearing predators attacking the herd, but the young rarely survive long after hatching inside another animals. It has basic social intelligence. Packs cut burrows into the slime where they can survive above water without dessicating.

Team Any
Votes-
Optimise Exoskeleton Auto 6
Sex Vote: Lungs 6+3=9 Overshoot (I’m so sorry for your luck.)

Changes:
Screaming Squid- Signipolypus Venenodens
In order to survive the increased predation the species has been forced to become more mobile once again, as natural selection outweighs sexual selection. The Squid’s exoskeleton has become somewhat thiner and segmented, resembling something like lorica segmentata (Roman Armor). This has allowed it to escape, but it still struggles. Because the Squid is generally quite vulnerable as it spends its time floating just under the slime it has developed a habit of climbing on top of the mat. This is little protection against the Scavengers but it has mostly protected them from eels. The species developed a habit of mating on the surface, which encourage the evolution of lungs, but to demonstrate the strength of their lungs they’ve developed a mating call. This call is just screaming as loud as they can, and tends to attract the attention of scavengers which cut through the mat below the squid and kill it as it falls into the water.

Event Effects
The Squid is struggling due to increased predation as larger species of the eel can bite through the exoskeleton, and the habit of screaming really hasn’t helped matters. The species is close to disaster.

Description:
The Spiny Squidfish is a Herbivore that eats the Slime that coats the Sea Surface. Its Shaped somewhat like a squid or octupos with a central body ending in a mouth surrounded by tentacles, and it is covered in a thick exoskeleton. The Exoskeleton is covered in spines that cause muscle weakness and eventual death. It uses chemoreceptors throughout its mouth and tentacles to find slime to eat. Its main body is covered in eyespots it uses to identify predators. It has a combination digestive-circulatory system that digests food and acts as an open circulatory system. It has lungs. It lives in small herds that build nests using a sticky glue secreted by its tentacles. These nests are used to hide and protect their eggs. It has basic social intelligence. They mate on top of the slime mat, and scream as a mating call.

Team ABNTT
Votes-
Roots 4+2=6
Spores 1+2=3

Changes:
Rooted Slime Slime- Mobilialga Superteram
The Rooted Slime has developed proper roots to help deal with the drop in surface area. They have begun to grow off of the beaches, but are in competition with simple grasses for the land. While the slime was a master of the water, it isn’t able to compete terribly well against land plants. Oddly enough the change in the roots has resulted in a production of gas that isn’t able to escape the slime terribly well, resulting in the mats randomly leaking gas and making a sound like a deflating balloon. Sometimes tiny bits are blown away by this expulsion but they die soon after, unable to root before they dry up or starve.

Event Effects
Chunks of slime dried up and died on the beach prior to the evolution of roots, although the population of slime has still dropped substantially, and the chemical changes taking place due to the die off threatens its water bound species.

Description:
A green slimy mass that grows across the surface of the Munr Sea and its beaches. It forms mats that flow across the sea with white tendrils holding the mass together and dangling down into the water to gather nutrients. Its covered in blackspots that it uses to direct its growth towards areas of greater sunlight, but for the most part have become vestigial. The slime gains a thicker cell wall and its tendrils turn into roots that dig towards the water allowing to avoid desiccation.

DehEvil
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Post by DehEvil » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:41 am

I... I just don't know anymore

Alright, since my defenses seem to have no effect...

Team Any:

Evolve legs to move onto land.

Sex Vote: Rework the organism's vocalizations to more refined communication, or an alarm call, to counter packs, rather than just yelling all the time.
Last edited by DehEvil on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 am

Team ABNTT
Grow a long stem to shade out the grasses.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:38 am

DehEvil wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:41 am
I... I just don't know anymore

Alright, since my defenses seem to have no effect...

Team Any:

Evolve legs to move onto land.

Sex Vote: TBD
They had an effect, they saved you from Most Eels, you just have an issue with giant ocmales and packs

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:02 am

Strengthened Gas Jet Lungs. These Lungs can contract at higher pressures, Shooting the air out of gas jet pores on our midsection, launching us into the air to evade attackers, or as an extra means of propulsion when underwater.

Sex Vote: Strengthen tentacles to support larger body size, such that we can move more efficiently atop the slime mats to new locations.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."