Definitely Not Earth’s Twin Two

Speculative evolution and forum games
DehEvil
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Re: Definitely Not Earth’s Twin Two

Post by DehEvil » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:17 pm

Ded gaem

:D

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:27 pm

You've been reported to the bureau of optimism. Processors are on their way

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:52 pm

DehEvil wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:17 pm
Ded gaem

:D
ye
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:59 pm

I'm planning an update on wednesday. Once again sorry for the delay, classes are killing me.

magmacube_tr

Post by magmacube_tr » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:41 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:59 pm
I'm planning an update on wednesday. Once again sorry for the delay, classes are killing me.
Mood.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:55 am

Plans have changed, the next update will be on the weekend, but I'm going to also do an update next wednesday to make up for the shortage lately.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:50 pm

Turn Seven: Rise of Strucutre
Geological Event Next Turn
Next Update on Thursday

Team Octotank
Votes-
Slime Digestion, 2+2=4
Meat Digestion: 4+2=6
Sex Vote: Endoskeleton 2+3=5

Changes:
Hunter-Scavenger- Oscolumpnam Venariomnis
The Hunter-Scavenger has evolved greatly from its Tube ancestor. It now has an endoskeleton that is for the most part just a cylindrical ribecage, made from a material quite similar to that of its flanges. That has made it much harder prey for the jawed eel and allowed it to grow a little larger. This has allowed it to begin predation on squid fish and other residents of the Munr Sea. To match this the organism has evolved a quite potent stomach to aid in digestion of meat. The organism has become robust enough to eat fairly old carrion as well as chunks of slime after it dies and drifts down. This growth in food sources has somewhat allowed its population to grow, but as it moves towards the role of a predator its population is constrained by that of its prey. It dosen’t have true pack hunting behaviour as the individuals hunt on their own.

Event Effects
N/A

Description:
   The organism is a predator with a cylindrical shape and symmetry from one end to the other. It has a cylindrical ribecage. It has a digestive system that can process fresh and decayed meat as well as dead slime, but it is unable to eat other sorts of plant matter. It’s immune system is based on virophages that are selected for to defeat pathogens and held within a small organ. Each end has three tentacles that are used as locomotion aids and for grabbing and identifying things. Two of the tentacles have bladed flanges that are replaced over time. It has a trisexual reproductive system and herding behaviour. The herds are made up of many males and females centered around an ocmale. The ocmale carries the fertilised eggs given by the males and females. The eggs can be used as weapons, spearing predators attacking the herd, but the young rarely survive long after hatching inside another animals. It has basic social intelligence.

Team Any
Votes-
Venemous Spines, Auto 6
Sex Vote:Exoskeleton, 6+3=9 Overshoot

Changes:
Spiny Squid Fish- Signipolypus Venenodens
The Spiny Squid fish has responded to the increase of predators by evolving a coat of hard material around its main body, with a similar but thiner and more flexible material around its tentacles. Unfortunately this trait was sexually selected for to a great degree and has resulted in negative overgrowth. This new exoskeleton has resulted in a dramatic lose of dexterity and speed as the organism has begun to grow thicker and thicker coats of bone. Some young members of the species fail to be able to swim and die shortly after birth. To survive despite this the Spiny Squidfish has grown spines from its exoskeleton made of a poisonous material that results in muscle weakness and eventual death. This has allowed the Spiny Squidfish to survive so far, but eventually a predator will find away around its armor and it will spell doom for this fish.

Event Effects
N/A

Description:
The Spiny Squidfish is a Herbivore that eats the Slime that coats the Sea Surface. Its Shaped somewhat like a squid or octupos with a central body ending in a mouth surrounded by tentacles, but it is covered in a thick exoskeleton that impedes its movement. The Exoskeleton is covered in spines that cause muscle weakness and eventual death. It uses chemoreceptors throughout its mouth and tentacles to find slime to eat. Its main body is covered in eyespots it uses to identify predators. It has a combination digestive-circulatory system that digests food and acts as an open circulatory system. It lives in small herds that build nests using a sticky glue secreted by its tentacles. These nests are used to hide and protect their eggs. It has basic social intelligence

Team ABNTT
Votes-
Tendrils Into Roots, 2+2=4
Thicker Cell Wall 5+2>6

Changes:
Beach Slime Slime- Mobilialga Subtersabulo
The Beach Slime has better adapted to the beach as its name implies. Its tendrils have adapted into roots that dig through the sand back into the sea to draw water into the body, while its cell walls grow thicker when exposed to air allowing it to better retain water. This has allowed it to grow beyond the beach, but it can’t grow much farther than that as its roots can’t dig through soil.

Event Effects
N/A

Description:
A green slimy mass that grows across the surface of the Munr Sea and its beaches. It forms mats that flow across the sea with white tendrils holding the mass together and dangling down into the water to gather nutrients. Its covered in blackspots that it uses to direct its growth towards areas of greater sunlight, but for the most part have become vestigial. The slime gains a thicker cell wall and its tendrils turn into roots that dig towards the water allowing to avoid desiccation.

magmacube_tr

Post by magmacube_tr » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:25 pm

Team ABNTT

Poison the lake, kill everyone else and win the game by default.

Developing a proper root system to grow beyond the beach.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:43 pm

Team Octotank

Evolve the capacity to digest actual plant matter as well. Omnivory is a key fallback in case we get shafted by the Spiny Squidfish.

As for the sex vote, I propose some sort of way to begin air breathing. Possibly if we can manage a way to burrow through the slime mats and begin eating and digesting them from above rather than from the roots below, we will be shielded from niche competition, and we can still predate on lower creatures should we find the need.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

DehEvil
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Post by DehEvil » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:25 pm

Not ded gaem :D

Hm, to be preyed upon by such a primitive organism, that doesn't even have gills. D:

Team Any:

Optimize the exoskeleton to efficiently provide mobility and defense.

Sex Vote: Evolve lungs, so that the organism may climb on top the slime mats/ground for safety.
ImageImage
Inspirational quote by
joshthehawk wrote: your only limit is your limited imagination.
Random quote by
AOE22 wrote:hehheh
I have no idea why this was whatever my last copy was, but when i pasted it, I just had to put it somewhere.