Definitely Not Earth’s Twin Two

Speculative evolution and forum games
Burger Cat

Re: Definitely Not Earth’s Twin Two

Post by Burger Cat » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:45 am

BakedToast wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:50 am
On second thought, I think I'll wait until we get to a more advanced stage. I like these games, but such protoplasmic life evolution is less my cup of tea. I'll keep an eye on this though, for sure!
Guineapig004 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:08 pm
Hey, welcome back :D. Good to hear from you again.
Thanks! I'll take that as an unofficial invitation to join team Octotank... :mrgreen:
Like I said, I'll beholding off for now, but being officially on a team means I can quickly jump in at will and start voting!

Hope y'all have fun!
I accept yah in the good old ship of Team Octotank when you ready to vote right in. 8-) Welcome back BakedToast as well :P

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:57 pm

Lol I actually am a part of team ABNTT.
Vote: Increase reproduction rate.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:04 am

Sorry
Vote: Behavoir change: Upon finding out sokmething grabbed is unconsumable, spit it out and throw it in a direction away from us, and continue searching for the organic consumables
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:23 pm

ABNTT
Chlorophyl production
Faster Reproduction

Octotank
Nervous system

Any
Digestion

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:59 pm

From now on turns will be weekly, being finished on the weekend.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:00 am

Turn Three
Optimisation

Team Octotank
Votes-
Nervous System, Auto 6

Changes: The false octopus has evolved a somewhat centralised nervous system, giving the organism a basic intelligence. It is now able to direct its swimming efforts towards areas with better current for debris collection. It lacks senses so it is unable to use more complex strategies, but even then its diet has largely increased.

Smart Tube- Inpolypus Simplex

Description: A Tube shaped organism that attaches to the sea floor and faces into the current to catch and eat random organic debris from dead algae and the like. Its body is supported by a hydrostatic skeleton that acts as a primitive open circulatory system. It has three tentacles on either end it uses to grab onto the ground and swim.
  

Team Any
Votes-
Digestion, 5+2>6
Spitting out Behaviour, 3+2=5

Changes: The Spitter is free of its ancestors flaw of eating inorganic debris. The organism’s tentacles now have basic instinct to throw away any non food they grab, which dramatically reduced the amount of inorganic debris consumed. They few pebbles that smell of food are dealt with by the digestive system, which functions mostly as a very long small intestine that winds throughout the organism. The tentacles gain some nutrition from what they grab, while the rest of the organism is feed by whatever part of the intestine is closest. This has allowed it to grow much larger.

Spitter- Vermispisces Petraprociens

Description: A fish shaped mass with a small flagella-like tail it uses like a primitive rudder. Its front has numerous small tentacles that flail about and grab anything they touch. Using its chemoreceptors, it spits out non food debris. Its digestive system works as a makeshift circulatory system delivering nutrients throughout the organism.

Team ABNTT
Votes-
Chlorophyll Production, 2+2=4
Faster Reproduction, 3+2=5

Changes: The Shore Slime has better adapted to survive on its own, as the stolen chlorophyll is now natively part of its cells, instead of each generation needing to resteal its own. As it no longer needed to prey upon algae, it’s population was no longer limited. The organism adapted to grow to maturity and divide much more rapidly. They now coat the shores of the Munr Sea.

Shore Slime- Mobilialga Loricalitore

Description: A green slimy mass that can be found in the shallows of the Munr Sea. It is covered in small blackspots that it uses to detect light and move towards brighter areas. They photosynthesise for energy. They grow and divide rapidly.

If I forgot something yell at me, I was pretty tired when I posted this so I wouldn't be surprised.

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:55 am

Team Octotank:
Vote: Develops small sensory cells within the tentacles that are built to specialized in both touch and sense vibrations around them.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Team Any
Vote: Sexual Reproduction
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:35 pm

Burger Cat wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:55 am
Team Octotank:
Vote: Develops small sensory cells within the tentacles that are built to specialized in both touch and sense vibrations around them.
Just to help out Team Octotank, I'm going to vote for Sexual Reproduction. That way, even though I won't be able to consistently vote, Burger Cat will get a bonus vote each round, thus helping him out.

That being said... :mrgreen: I want to... specify... how our sexual reproduction works, thus making our "False Octopus" species both more interesting, and throwing a bit of a wrench into it's evolution.
I'm aiming for a tri-sexual reproductive system. Males, Females, and Ocmales. Males carry, well, basic gametes, and females carry eggs. In the mating process, both Male and Female insert their gametes/eggs into the Ocmale. Ocmales produce no gametes, but act as incubators for the fertilized eggs.
Ocmales can store eggs/gametes on their own for a while, thus not requiring all the sexes to intercourse at the exact same time, however, positive outcome of reproduction is far greater if a "natural threesome" were to occur.

I have plans for this further down the road, but for now, I don't want to make it too complex.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

DehEvil
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Post by DehEvil » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:54 pm

Team Any

Vote: Nervous System