Definitely Not Earth’s Twin Two

Speculative evolution and forum games
DehEvil
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Re: Definitely Not Earth’s Twin Two

Post by DehEvil » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:12 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:11 am
I'll start on the turn tommorow now I have Votes

Octotank
Hydrostatic Skeleton 6 tentalces

ABNNT
Cover in Photoreceptors
Chemoreceptors

Any
Feeling Tentacles

Actually, I am team Any.

And I have only now realized that naturegirl already voted for a sense

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:59 pm

I know, I know... I've been dead and gone for a good while now, and my own games have died, in no small part due to my own negligence due to IRL mess.
But.... I'd like to join.
I'll take a minor (and probably inconsistent) role here as a player one whatever team either:
A] Wants me
B] Needs me
C] Doesn't want me to ever leave them here alone
D] Pities a poor soul and decides to take them into the fold.

I can't promise a consistent voting timeframe, so don't ever hold the game for me, and I can almost guarantee that whatever team I join, my votes will be a bizarre mutator thrown into whatever orchestrating plans you may have... but I'll be fun.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:08 pm

Hey, welcome back :D. Good to hear from you again.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:40 pm

Today is tommorow from when I last posted, and no one can prove otherwise. I'll start on the turn now,
BakedToast wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:59 pm
I know, I know... I've been dead and gone for a good while now, and my own games have died, in no small part due to my own negligence due to IRL mess.
But.... I'd like to join.
I'll take a minor (and probably inconsistent) role here as a player one whatever team either:
A] Wants me
B] Needs me
C] Doesn't want me to ever leave them here alone
D] Pities a poor soul and decides to take them into the fold.

I can't promise a consistent voting timeframe, so don't ever hold the game for me, and I can almost guarantee that whatever team I join, my votes will be a bizarre mutator thrown into whatever orchestrating plans you may have... but I'll be fun.
Team ABNTT and (Effectively) Octotank both only have one member, so I'd recomend one of those two

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:24 am

Turn two
Bones and Eyes

Team Octotank
Votes-
Hydrostatic Skeleton, Auto 6

Changes: The Munr Hexapod evolved a simple skeleton, that supports its new shape. The structure is supported by the pressure of a simple organic fluid that also acts as a primitive open circulatory system. The organism is now a cylinder with three tentacles extending from either end. It currently uses them to swim randomly and then latch onto the ground when it is better fed. This strategy is primitive because it lacks any senses or intelligence.

Munr Hexapod - Munr Hexarmamini

Description: A Tube shaped organism that attaches to the sea floor and faces into the current to catch and eat random organic debris from dead algae and the like. Its body is supported by a hydrostatic skeleton that acts as a primitive open circulatory system. It has three tentacles on either end it uses to grab onto the ground and swim.

Team Any
Votes-
Feeling Tentacles, 2+2=4
Chemoreceptors, 2+2=4

Changes: The Drifter has somewhat evolved to better obtain food. It now has chemoreceptor cells on its skin layer that can guide it in the general direction of food. Once it finds an area with a dense smell it has simple tentacle limbs that flail though the water attempting to grab anything in the area and drag it in. It frequently grabs inorganic materials which it cannot consume and eventually build up and kill the Grabber.

Grabber- Munr Tero

Description: A fish shaped mass with a small flagella-like tail it uses like a primitive rudder. Its front has numerous small tentacles that flail about and grab anything they touch. This habit slowly poisons it over time.

Team ABNTT
Votes-
Photoreceptors, Auto 6

Changes: The Slime has evolved photoreceptors to sense light, allowing the slime to keep itself in the brightest areas of the sea, and avoided sitting under cover.

Speckled Slime- Munr Maculosus

Description: A green slimy mass that can be found in the shallows of the Munr Sea. It is covered in small blackspots that it uses to detect light and move towards brighter areas.

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:31 pm

Team ABNTT

Instead of just taking the chlorophyl from outside, the slime now produces them itself.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:20 pm

Team Octotank:

Vote: Evolves an nervous system within the body by having units of ganglia's within the Hexapod that runs from the upper center of the body to the limbs of the tentacles.

DehEvil
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Post by DehEvil » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:18 am

Team Any

Evolve a digestive system, which would excrete the inedible materials.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:38 pm

Guineapig004 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:08 pm
naturegirl1999 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:53 pm
You've got two days

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:50 am

On second thought, I think I'll wait until we get to a more advanced stage. I like these games, but such protoplasmic life evolution is less my cup of tea. I'll keep an eye on this though, for sure!
Guineapig004 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:08 pm
Hey, welcome back :D. Good to hear from you again.
Thanks! I'll take that as an unofficial invitation to join team Octotank... :mrgreen:
Like I said, I'll beholding off for now, but being officially on a team means I can quickly jump in at will and start voting!

Hope y'all have fun!
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."