Local gods - Theistic Evolution Game (Kisiwa: 1600 BD)

Speculative evolution and forum games
Leo

Re: Local gods - Theistic Evolution Game (Kisiwa: 1800 BD)

Post by Leo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:28 am

Serinius is hurt and tired after his recent spat with the mountain, but his rage is as fiery as ever. So he decides to use it to improve his creations in the cruelest way.
He grabs some Bandit Slugs, squeezing them in his tentacles until they became much, much smaller. The newly created Mindslugs were so small they became endoparasites, living half their life cicles in the body of a Ruby Legionnaire and half in the body of a Brutusmites. The mindslug is born inside the Brutusmites, and the young mindslugs cause a sharp drop in the effectiveness of the butusmites' immune system and in their muscle strenght, making it an easy prey for the Ruby Legionnaire. Inside the ruby legionnaire they mature and lay eggs, releasing chemical substances that increase their aggression to near-suicidal levels, especially against the brutusmites. Thus can the cycle continue.

Then he decides to give a boon to the Ruby legionnaires, improving their coordination by giving them a much more sophisticated array of pheromones, making them capable of communication with far greater sublety and precision. They are on the route to become a true hive mind, as complex behaviours start to emerge from the actions of thousands of simple individuals.

As the Rainforest still lacks a predator, and seeing that his father just created a predator of his own in the swamps, Serinius decided he could not do any less. Unlike his father, he focused on the rainforest, where he created the Raimbow Death. These carnivorous bushes produce multicolored flowers whose smell is irresistible for the Marcomites and the Turvils. However, as soon as they touch the flowers, situated at the center of the bush, deadly spiked branches close down on them, coated with deadly venom. The preys are then slowly digested, to provide nourishment to the plant.
Last edited by Leo on Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexcat989

Post by Alexcat989 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:50 am

OOC: Is Serinius becoming a God of Rage?
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

Leo

Post by Leo » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:39 am

Alexcat989 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:50 am
OOC: Is Serinius becoming a God of Rage?
The boy has...issues, to Say the least. I don't know if i'll eventually made him calm down or become a proper God of range, for now i want him to be associated with the bloodiest aspect of nature.

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:43 am

Leo wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:39 am
The boy has...issues, to Say the least. I don't know if i'll eventually made him calm down or become a proper God of range, for now i want him to be associated with the bloodiest aspect of nature.
"It's not a phase, mom!"
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:45 pm

Guineapig004 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:12 pm
Just waiting on Kotor. No rush per se, as I wasn't planning on having the report done today, but the sooner it's here, the more time I have to draft a fleshed out report.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:55 am

Geez. I really have a procrastination problem. I'll get this finished tomorrow morning. (Hopefully the public promise kicks me off my butt to get this done.)
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:31 pm

A quaking stone, from aging tomb, Kotor rises from his slumber. Birthed from the mighty gods Solosis and Flora, the world trembles at its immense strength. What drives the creature onward? Simple curiosity? A desire for power? Or is it just the "beast's" nature? Over the centuries it moved causing tremors in its wake. Nothing seemed to stop it, until it came across the tall mountain range of Kisiwa. At first stumped, it sat for two centuries before slowly rising to its feet. Kotor lumbered toward the closest mountain and pushed his way through the it, with a combination of brute force and the deity's power. At first the mountain seemed as if it would fall, until Kotor molded the rock into the first of many forms, the Sekru: Sentinels for the passage way. They support the mountain, consuming the minerals and magma from beneath their feet, their only duty to stand guard.

Kotor continued through the mountain, until it came to the place it sought. The rainforest was filled with ancient trees, larger than the other plants it had seen along its journey. Kotor lumbered on until it came across a herd of Marcomites. Unsatisfied with their size and stature, the new deity slowly stepped toward them. Calming them with an otherworldly presence, he picked up each Marcomite and "improved" them. They grew larger, with harder hides, stronger mandibles to chew through their meals, and a deep trumpeting noise was granted for greater communication. The Proconates were born. Now content, Kotor let them rest, and laid down into the soil.

Sometime later, Kotor arose from its slumber. Looking around, a wanting for more majesty confounded the god. Quickly, and possibly quite rashly, it clapped its hands and the trees around it shimmered and shuddered. They grew up, down, every direction, twinkling with the minerals their ever deepening roots harvested. They became the first crystalline trees, a grove that would hopefully spread. For the first time, Kotor formed a craggy smile and said "good".

Travel to the mountain range and tunnel through it, supporting the empty space with Sekru. It is assumed they are around the height of the tunnel: around ten feet.

Take some Marcomites and mutate them so their around 2 feet tall. They are mostly the same save for cosmetic differences and a size difference. If you like you can think of them being like beavers :D.

Cause a grove of trees in the rainforest to absorb abnormal amounts of minerals, granting them immense stores for when they reproduce, spewing thousands of seeds far and wide. The grow much larger and thicker than the other trees, taking advantage of the nutrient rich soil.

P.S. Yay, I actually finished this! Also, gosh this took a long time. Might not do it like this every time.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:53 pm

Guineapig004 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:31 pm
A quaking stone, from aging tomb, Kotor rises from his slumber. Birthed from the mighty gods Solosis and Flora, the world trembles at its immense strength. What drives the creature onward? Simple curiosity? A desire for power? Or is it just the "beast's" nature? Over the centuries it moved causing tremors in its wake. Nothing seemed to stop it, until it came across the tall mountain range of Kisiwa. At first stumped, it sat for two centuries before slowly rising to its feet. Kotor lumbered toward the closest mountain and pushed his way through the it, with a combination of brute force and the deity's power. At first the mountain seemed as if it would fall, until Kotor molded the rock into the first of many forms, the Sekru: Sentinels for the passage way. They support the mountain, consuming the minerals and magma from beneath their feet, their only duty to stand guard.

Kotor continued through the mountain, until it came to the place it sought. The rainforest was filled with ancient trees, larger than the other plants it had seen along its journey. Kotor lumbered on until it came across a herd of Marcomites. Unsatisfied with their size and stature, the new deity slowly stepped toward them. Calming them with an otherworldly presence, he picked up each Marcomite and "improved" them. They grew larger, with harder hides, stronger mandibles to chew through their meals, and a deep trumpeting noise was granted for greater communication. The Proconates were born. Now content, Kotor let them rest, and laid down into the soil.

Sometime later, Kotor arose from its slumber. Looking around, a wanting for more majesty confounded the god. Quickly, and possibly quite rashly, it clapped its hands and the trees around it shimmered and shuddered. They grew up, down, every direction, twinkling with the minerals their ever deepening roots harvested. They became the first crystalline trees, a grove that would hopefully spread. For the first time, Kotor formed a craggy smile and said "good".

Travel to the mountain range and tunnel through it, supporting the empty space with Sekru. It is assumed they are around the height of the tunnel: around ten feet.

Take some Marcomites and mutate them so their around 2 feet tall. They are mostly the same save for cosmetic differences and a size difference. If you like you can think of them being like beavers :D.

Cause a grove of trees in the rainforest to absorb abnormal amounts of minerals, granting them immense stores for when they reproduce, spewing thousands of seeds far and wide. The grow much larger and thicker than the other trees, taking advantage of the nutrient rich soil.

P.S. Yay, I actually finished this! Also, gosh this took a long time. Might not do it like this every time.
Compared to my first two centuries, this is fairly short description, long descriptions aren’t required, I did longer descriptions since the others were doing that too
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:32 am

Yeah, it really isn't that long. I just apparently don't enjoy the art of writing that much. I mostly do these for the stories I get to read afterwards.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Guineapig004 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:32 am
Yeah, it really isn't that long. I just apparently don't enjoy the art of writing that much. I mostly do these for the stories I get to read afterwards.
And that’s fine. My comment wasn’t meant to say that writing should be longer,
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki