Local gods - Theistic Evolution Game (Kisiwa: 1600 BD)

Speculative evolution and forum games
BakedToast

Re: Local gods - Theistic Evolution Game (Kisiwa: 1900 BD)

Post by BakedToast » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:56 pm

Turn report is ready to go; going to give a few more hours for Teuruzza to act.
Alexcat989 wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:59 am
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:26 pm

Guineapig004 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:58 pm
What about Solosis and Flora?
Kipp, from the clouds, "Solosis and Flora, sittin' on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G !"
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:30 pm

And so, the second century of Kisiwa has come and gone. The gods, in no major rush, took their time to do the things they wished to do. The first century was a time of creation, and it seemed, the second century was not only a time of creation, but also a time of change...

The Actions of the gods are recorded below.

1896 BD: Flora Creates the Creefles - 66
Flying with her small flower-figure away from the jungles, over the mountain range, and towards the east, Flora looks out over the marshlands. They are quiet, with almost no movement. But they show promise. Flora releases a stream of pollen over the land, which turns into swarms of oblong two-headed Creefles. Many of them fall to the muck and suffocate without water to breathe. But many more fall into the muddy waters of the marshlands, and begin to swim about in search of food. They gorge themselves on the sap of mangroves and Jamjam juice, but there are no other animals to eat, and thus their back heads begin to atrophy from lack of use. Some Creefles attempt to resort to cannibalizing of other Creefles, but since their meat-eating head is on the back of their body, they find it very difficult to attack or fight when they can only swim away from their target rather than towards it. Thus, for the most part, Creefles live a herbivorous life, their back mouths shriveling and jaw muscles becoming weak and shriveled.

1890 BD: Flora creates the Blooks - 91
Flora is not content with merely giveng the marshlands only one form of life. She sheds a leaf over the swampy waters of the marshlands, and from this small leaf sprouts the first pair of Blooks. The Blooks quickly begin devouring Jamjams and mangrove roots, and due to their reproductive method of simply spewing out gametes, they spread prolifically, quickly outnumbering their Creefle competitors. The Blooks have also become a beneficial species for the Creefles; when the Blooks rip open mangrove roots and Jamjam plants with their sharp teeth, sap and other juices spew out into the swamp waters, which the Creefles can quickly drink up without impeding the Blooks' own meals. Thus, many Blooks can be seen with a lone Creefle trailing them, waiting for a free meal. Blooks have become a keystone species in this primitive ecosystem.

1885 BD: Flora creates the Sky Chromids - 75
The waters were interesting to Flora, but she turned her attention next to the warm skies over the cool skies over the marshlands. With merely a thought, like unto a wisp of air, the first Sky Chromids were created. Their Spherical forms buzzed about quickly and sharply in erratic patterns, seeking out wisps of water vapour to drink in through their many mouths. Soon, more Sky Chromids were born of their own accord as the created ones began to reproduce. The Crystals spread throughout the marsh now displayed cavities and pockmarks from the growing embryonic process of the Sky Chromids. The young are relatively safe in their crystal shell, although it doesn't really matter, as there are no predators around. However, due to their small size, there is not a massive number of them, as their echolocation is primitive and they are very small, such that it can be hard to find a mate.

1878 BD: Solosis Evolves the Marcomites - 97
Solosis, now able to squeeze his large gelatinous body through the aqueous caverns he himself has carved, works his way to the Rainforest. From there he sees that the Endo-Termites could be improved. And thus he begins the first act of evolution; All the colonies of Endo-Termites of the Jungle evolve completely into a herd-based life-form, roving about in search of plants to consume. They spread rapidly and much farther into the jungle than their Endo-termite ancestors ever could; when the rain is not pouring down, if one strains hard enough, one could hear the tiny ululations and chirps of the Marcomites as they communicate one to another in the depths of the Rainforest.

1872 BD: Solosis Evolves the Onyx Brutusmites - 67
Writhing through the caverns that can barely contain his large form, Solosis wriggles back to the Coral forest, where he sees his Endo-Termites being preyed upon by the creations of his own son. He takes a large portion of the Endo-Termites he has created, and vomits brine and salty water upon them, infused with his divine power. As a result, the omnivorous Onyx Brutusmites are born. Reeking of putrid sea-water, the various castes and hives of the Onyx Brutusmites spread forth across the Coral Forests. The Warriors are capable of tearing their Ruby Legionnaire foes into shreds, although they are more susceptible to surface wounds due to their endo-skeletal structure. However, if an Onyx warrior survives a fight, it can heal much more efficiently as well due to it's endoskeletal build. The Onyx Brutus mites begin to prey on Endo-Termites and Ruby Legionnaires alike, although the later is merely a defensive tactic while the former is an agressive one. Unfortunately, this has caused the Endo-Termite species to become endangered from another source of predation upon them; if something isn't done about that, they could become extinct...

1865 BD: Solosis Fills the Emerald Gorge - 60
Swimming back and forth through the uncomfortably tight caverns has made Solosis rather uncomfortable; as such, Solosis fills a large ravine near the mountian range with green algae-filled fresh water, christening it the "Emerald Gorge". This ravine is large then most of the caverns, and thus Solosis can comfortably fit and rest inside it to observe his domain of the Coral Forest from a comfrotable place other than the ocean while he plans his next move. For now, Solosis rests quietly in the Emerald Gorge.

1862 BD: Kipp Creates the Integ - 42
Kipp swoops down over the marshlands once more, and her clouds make contact with the muck. Out of the mud rises a herd of muddy-colored Integ, Ogdoad-sized herbivourous insects. She rises back up, and watches as they graze on the small grasses of the Marshland, enjoying the Jamjams as a special treat when they find them, using their mouth-mandibles to rip the Jamjams open and drink their fluids, leaving the husk behind. They spread without conflict or passion, but are quite inhibited by the muddy surfaces which they attempt to walk over, due to their pointy feet getting stuck in the muck quite often. Furthermore, they are incapable of swimming, and thus many drown in the swampy waters when they venture to close to the edges of waters in order to drink. Creefles begin to eat the dead bodies of the Integ when they drown in the water.

1857 BD: Kipp Supplies the Dulo and Tge - 37
Gliding with the jet streams high over the world, Kipp looks down and sees the parched lands of the Coral forest. Solosis, the god who forced her, has created a lake here already, but is selfishly using it for his own relaxation. In a fit of desire to make something better than Solosis has, Kipp lets forth a deluge of rain upon the Coral forests, in an attempt to erode the sands and make her own lake. Unfortunately, the sands of the Coral forest were not made for such downpours, and as such mass flooding began. An area near the mountian range did form somewhat of a lake, but it was so near to the Emerald Gorge that it simply became a large extension of the ravine-lake. The flooding receded after wiping out several colonies of Onyx Brutusmites and Ruby Legionnaires, and the slow-flowing river Tge winded away from the Emerald Gorge and towards the sea to the west.

1850 BD: Kipp Evolves and Moves the Jolloferro - 25
Flying back to the Marshlands in frustraation, Kipp scoops up some of her first creation, the Jamjams, and carries them in her bosom high over the island to the Emerald Gorge, where her failed lake Dulo has been absorbed into. She grants these 'Jolloferro' the ability to live completely underwater with built in airsacs, and places them into the Emerald Gorge. They sink to the bottom, but not before almost all are crushed by the slumbering body of Solosis. Kipp couldn't see whether even any of them at all made it to the bottom of the lake.

1848 BD: Serinius Attacks the Mountain Erytroreos - 7
Serinius takes his rage out upon the tallest mountain in Teurruzza's mountian range, bashing it viciously with his tentacles. It buckles and smashes under his might, large boulders and splatters of molten rock bursting forth upon the earth around it. An exposed waterspring begins to spew forth water under the tremors, but this doesn't last long. A large splash of lava flies back at Serinius himself, scalding and excruciatingly destroying some of his angry red eyes. He roars in pain, and slams the mountain with all his might. The mountain explodes entirely, scattering masses of rock and lava out into the Marshlands, killing scores of plants and other native life in the Marshlands. All that remains of the mountain is an angry smoldering crater, a gap in the oblong mountain range. Serinius flies off in pain and rage.

1840 BD: Serinius Evolves the Gliding Ogdoads - 65
Taking quite a few years to recover from his wounds and rage, Serinius returns to the coral forests, to do better by his own creations than his own parents did for him. Reaching out with one of his partially burnt tentacles, he scoops up some Red Ogdoads, and breathes upon them. His breath transforms them, and they evolve. The Gliding Ogdoads are smaller, faster, and better armored than their Red Ogdoad ancestors; they quickly proliferate and spread across the coral forests. Unfortunately, they are similar enough to Red Ogdoads that both species still regard each other as rivals for territory, and thus Red Ogdoads and Gliding Ogdoads do not share territory with each other. However, Gliding Ogdoads currently have the upper hand in survival, due to their ability to escape predators and move around more efficiently.

Deities at Rest:
Teuruzza has remained stationary on her mountain range for a century, observing the world. She sits on a boulder on a ridge of the mountain and watches as the other gods move about, enacting their business.

The World of Kisiwa:
Biomes:
Coral Forests - Flat and mostly Sandy, with large clusters of coral protruding from the gorund, particularly near the coast. Large metallic crystals stick from the sand in many places. A gigantic ravine-lake rests near the mountain ranges in the eastern parts of the Coral Forests.
Producers: Terracermimes[Coral], Lichens, Jolloferros[Plant]
Primary Consumers: EndoTermites[Insect](endangered), Red Ogdoads[Insect], Gliding Ogdoads[Insect]
Secondary Consumers: Ruby Legionnaires[Insect], Bandit Slugs[Mollusk], Onyx Brutusmites[Insect]

Rainforest - Hot and Humid, with large trees forming a canopy over smaller vegetation. Surrounded by an oblong mountain range, and thus cut off from the coastlines of the world. The mountain range has a large smouldering gap in it facing the eastern Marshlands - this is a collapsed volcano.
Producers: Pyre Plants[Plant], Trees (and other native plant life typical of a generic rainforest)
Primary Consumers: Turvils[Insect], Varicolored Fungus[Plant], Marcomites[Insect]

Marshlands - Cool and Swampy, the ground is covered with muck and dirty water; mangroves, shrubs, willows, and other "esoteric" plant life thrive well here. Large metallic crystals stick up from the muck in many places.
Producers: Jamjams[Plant], Sky Chromids[Insect], Willows (and other native plant life typical of a generic marshland)
Primary Consumers: Creefles[Fish], Blooks[Fish], Integ[Insect]
Pantheon Ranks:
"Scores" are determined by acts of fame and legend that resound such that gods and/or mortals have no choice but to recognize them. Essentially, any action that gives you a unique title, as you'll see below, will net you a point. If you do something great, but another deity has already done a similar thing, you will not get a title for it. Titles are unique, and awarded on a first-come first serve basis. While Titles are unique, they are still general. For example, "destroying the town of Torok" would give you the title "Destroyer of Towns", not "Destroyer of Torok" [unless Torok was such a central and magnificent piece of the world that it somehow merited being named; although, if someone else already had "Destroyer of Towns", then it'd be pretty darn difficult to justify giving a more specific, yet similar, title to someone else]. In case of a tie, the "older" deity will be listed first; however, tied deities are considered the same rank. You cannot receive more than one title from a single action.

Solosis (god; parents - None)
(First of the First Four Deities; Shaper of Lands; Evolver of Insects; Maker of Waters;) 4 Points Total

Flora (goddess; parent - Solosis)
(Second of the First Four Deities; Bringer of Plants; Bringer of Insects; Bringer of Fish;) 4 Points Total

Serinius (god; parents - Solosis and Kipp)
(Fourth of the First Four Deities; Bringer of Predators; Bringer of Mollusks; Defiler of Lands;) 4 Points Total

Kipp (goddess; parents - Solosis and Flora)
(Third of the First Four Deities; Nurturer of Plants; Migrator of Plants;) 3 Points Total

Teuruzza (goddess; parents - Not Revealed)
(Bringer of Destructive Rain; Traveler to Distant Places;) 2 Points Total

Kotor (god; parents - Solosis and Flora)
() 0 Points Total
Last edited by BakedToast on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:23 am

As Flora is watching her creations, she notices that the Sky Chromids are having trouble finding each other with echolocation alone, so she gives the Sky Chromids louder voices so they may call out farther to each other

After ensuring the Sky Chromids can find each other easier, she decides to help the Creefles by giving them fins that can allow them to go forwards and backwards.

Flora, hoping her changes to her marshland life will help them, flies back across the mountain range to the forest, where she plans to assist the Turvits. Because the Turvits have trouble getting to other places, she gives Some of the Turvits the ability to contract and extend their legs, thus giving them the ability to jump. She calls this group of Turvits Jumping Turvits

Let me know if you need clarification on the actions
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Alexcat989

Re: Local gods - Theistic Evolution Game (Kisiwa: 1800 BD)

Post by Alexcat989 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:20 am

- Build up the volcano to help block wet air from reaching the rain forest

-Extend the magma system so it can send hot dry gasses from below into the Rain Forest to dry it out

-Make a tiny lizard with an erect leg posture that has a hump to store water. They have the tendency to pack hunt.
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:33 am

I just love how Solosis is just the most chilled god that doesn't really cared for messing with his own children and is just generally happy for them to be doing their own thing while he is making his "projects". :)

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:59 pm

Guineapig004 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:58 pm
What about Solosis and Flora?
Just confirming, these are the two deities you want to go with for parents?
Burger Cat wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:33 am
I just love how Solosis is just the most chilled god that doesn't really cared for messing with his own children and is just generally happy for them to be doing their own thing while he is making his "projects". :)
I know :mrgreen: It's also interesting how, so far, every single god out there that we know of has you as one of their parents, which makes this whole "ambivalent father" role that much more funny :lol:

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:12 pm

Yep! I'll work out a post sometime soon.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:53 pm

Kipp sees Integ struggling. So she decides to create a better version of Integ, one that is more suitable for the life in the marshlands. She takes a herd of Integ and makes their legs longer. Then she turns the spikes they have for feet into a more hoof-life structure by increasing their radius. She also gives them the ability to hold their breath underwater so they will have more time to get out.

She then has an idea. Solosis has his own lair, so why don't she? She raises a sizable chunk of earth high into the air, then covers it with Jamjams. She keeps it a float, essentially making it a floating island.

She then tries to make an another animal, she takes an Integ, and modifies its mandibles to be thick and tough. She increases the lenght of its intestines, and thickens it skin. She then releases a herd of them into the coral forest, where they can nibble at the corals.

OOC: The floating island is about 2 kilometer squares big.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:24 am

1. Solosis while being relaxed in his lovely Emerald Gorge will help his creation of the Endo-Termites by giving them the chance to defend themselves as he will give them new traits through evolving them the abilities to have castes similar to the Onyx Brutus Mites but have their own unique builds of castes to differentiate compared to my own predatory creation. The new castes for the Endo-Termites are the Transporters, Shooters, Harvesters, Defenders and finally the King/Queen.
The Transporters are the Endo-Termites heavy lifters and supporters of the colony, being able to carry away heavy amount of plant matter and coral pieces back to the colony as the Transporters have two large bony protruding arms with barbs of sticky hairs to keep a hold of either materials, foods for the colony, or other castes members like the Shooters. Transporters are heavily armored with scales of keratin to protect themselves Ruby Legionnaires and the Onyx Brutus Mite Warriors. Transporters are the largest of the Endo-Termites castes being around 2.3 inches long.
The Endo-Termites have taken the different route for offense as the Brutus Mites have developed brute warrior caste built for tearing it prey apart, Endo-Termites have built the shooters which have converted most of their body to be a living weapon. The shooters are similar to the grubs of the larva stage of the Endo-Termites but are neotenic in design, as the shooters are able to fire out corrosive stomach acids to burns against possible threats that dare attacks against the colony, but are fragile due to their larva-like soft bodies. Shooters can also help with construction of colonies hive tunnels as the acids they produces can be used to make digging for more rooms and tunnels easier for the Endo-Termites colony.
The Harvesters have the similar build to their ancestors but having larger eyes as the Harvesters are built to be more on the surface than in the underground colony tunnels as the harvesters job is to harvest items in mass amounts of numbers as they serve the same build as their ancestors. Endo-Termite Harvesters on the other hand have stronger jaws to defend themselves against predators but if that doesn't work then the harvesters will produces danger pheromones to nearby members to alert the colony about incoming attackers with the upcoming caste known as the Defenders.
Defenders are the most important of the Endo-Termites against the massive increase of predation, the defenders have massive bulky heads that is covered in thick keratin scales that will use with their two shield-like arms that are spiked to push into enemies and possibly impale into them. The Defenders will live close to the entrances of the colony mounds, but when the danger pheromone is kicked in, the defenders will be prepared to block the most important entrances and even other tunnels to block away Brutus Mites and Legionnaires from important nest rooms.
Endo-Termites kings and queens serve a similar purpose to how Earth exoskeleton termites, as the Endo-Termite queen produces around 10,000 eggs on average per day, while the King will serve as the queen mating partner but if either of them died, the colony can replace them with a new partner for either one.

2. Solosis seeing that the marshlands lack a predator to prey on the animals of the humid swamps, Solosis have gotten creative to create the "Theraderm", A German Shepard sized bipedal semi aquatic-built placoderm-like amphibian to survive in marshlands that have armored plated head equipped with two pairs of bony plates to cuts through it selected prey. The Theraderm are ambush predators that either strikes into the it prey with it strong jaws in the water or on land. Theraderms are semi-solitary animals that are selective in territory and will fight over these hunting areas unless it breeding season, as the mated pair will live with each other until the spawnlings are able to fend for themselves in which the Theraderm mated pair will leave from each other but will do generally live in the same territory and will fight against other mated pairs. Theraderms instead of spawning, Theraderms have reproduction system similar to mammals and will have live birth but due to this the female theraderm will only have a few spawnlings of 2 to 5 of them but only the strongest will survive in a theraderm family.
"Inserted a image of how a Theraderm wold look like."
3. Solosis finally will create floating metal spheres that will float around the island, these floating spheres are filled with magnetic metals that will produce electricity during lightning storms but normally these metal spheres are made for allowing Solosis to see around the island with the "All-Seeing Eyes of the Single Creator of All" to truly watch over what my children will do with this art piece of Kisiwa as he is curious to watch over the development of the island.