Speculative evolution and forum games
Tiberius

Divine Selection- God Evolution Game

Post by Tiberius » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:26 am

or alternatively
Definitely Not Natural Selection

This game is very overtly inspired and copied from this:
http://speciesgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=856&
Long short this is a god game focused on evolution, instead of playing as a lineage of organisms you get to play as a god guiding life forwards. This game has no formal teams, each player is their own god, but in theory you can form alliances with your fellow gods to achieve common goals.
There are two actions you’re able to take to cause change:

First is evolution, which causes one of your currently controlled species to change into something else, or to split a portion of your species into a new species. Be aware that if you divide your attention on too many species it becomes easy for other gods to steal them away.

Second is Domain, using the power of your controlled species life you can perform miracles and subvert other species

Each god has a name, a sphere, a personality and a force. Personality reflects the god’s actions, the name is a name. The sphere is what concept the god is most like. The force is their power and broken down into Control, Lordship and Mass. These attributes are gained from having species. Control is best at subverting other species and protecting your own, but useless for miracles. It comes from parasitic and symbiotic species. Lordship comes from large and predatory species and is used for dramatic and focused miracles. Mass comes from prey and other common keystone species and provides large but weak miracles.

Each God starts with a Name and their sphere and will gain a species and a point of force from their opening action.

The original example given was:
Neovenator wrote:
Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:10 pm
God: Blahbamus
Blahbamus searches for his creature by the edge of the waterfall. There, other creatures will be swept down by the river... and his realm will be below it, his beasts ready to slay anything that dares encroach upon it.

That's probably the minimum sort of entry, but the first turns are always low-description. Add as much more to something similar as you like. Remember- it's recommended to state a location and a general plan.

naturegirl1999

Re: Divine Selection- God Evolution Game

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:38 am

Name: Sa
Personality: cooperative
Sphere: Symbiosis

Sa looks for a small species in some sort of symbiosis, whether mutual or parasitic, for her to improve. Her plan is to ensure that she can protect her species
She scours the oceans in search for a suitable species
Last edited by naturegirl1999 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:10 am

Name: Joroh
Personality: Conniving, shrewd.
Sphere: Manipulation.

Joroh searches the jungles for a predatory species, and fools its prey into losing their way. Before they know it, they are stumbling towards a hoard of hungry maws.
Last edited by Guineapig004 on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:04 am

Both of you are missing locations

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:03 am

Tiberius wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:04 am
Sorry about that, Added location to my post
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:52 am

Tiberius wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:04 am
Done.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

magmacube_tr
Location: Somewhere where those pesky federals can't find me.

Post by magmacube_tr » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:59 pm

Name: Emre
Personality: Slow, short-tempered
Sphere: Exploitation

Emre looks around the grassland to look for a swarming/schooling species to improve.
Your everyday cube of molten rock. Also, look, a baby dragon.

░░▄▄▄░░▄▄██████▀
░▀▀██░███████▀▀
░▄█▀░███████▀
██▄▄███████████▄▄
▀█████████████▀

But thats a swa-

Shut up! This is the closest thing I could find.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Name: Aiath
Personailty: Well-Intended, but Poorly Executed
Sphere: The Peter Principle

Aiath looks to the skies above the archipelago, seeking a large flying creature. From the skies, Aiath's domain will rule the earth, it's creatures feasting on whatever they choose...
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:27 am

Not a Great Turn, but the First one rarely is

Sa
Personality: Cooperative
Sphere: Symbiosis (weakly Attuned)
Force:
Control 1
Lordship 0
Mass 0

The first to step into the material world was Sa. Sa looked out across the world and saw it divided into many kingdoms, the greatest of which was that of the water that covered so much. Within the waters Sa searched for something, and eventually in her wake were born the Sharp Mouth. Small worm-like things that would latch onto the other organisms of this world and steal blood.

The Sharp Mouths are currently undisturbed hiding in the water and able to leech off the Stoney Grazers and Swift Divers. However they are vulnerable to the Hidden Jaws who are smart enough to eat them when they’re caught on land.
Species
Sharp Mouths
Sharp Mouths are worms that hid in coastal areas and riversides to leech off larger animals.

Control 1
Lordship 0
Mass 0

Joroh
Personality: Cunning
Sphere: Manipulation (weakly Attuned)
Force:
Control 0
Lordship 1
Mass 0

Cunning Jungle Predator
Joroh steeped out second and found himself looking across the world, but what he found most interesting were the lush jungles. As he moved through the jungle, he began to tear apart the underbrush looking for life. Eventually he found it as small creatures were born from the rotten leaves and branches. Simple things with only two legs and camouflage, but in numbers they are voracious. These were the Hidden Jaws.

The Hidden Jaws are small enough to be ignored by the Swift Divers but they mostly prey upon Swift Divers that fly too low hunting Grazers and end up swarmed as the Hidden Jaws leap from trees and bring down the beast. Stoney Grazers sometimes wander into the jungle and the Jaws fail to break scales or find small enough spots to bite.
Species
Hidden Jaws Camouflage themselves like bark and leaves and hide in trees and underbrush. They have a simple body plan that is mostly just a mouth with two legs. These creatures are known to jump from trees onto Swift Divers hunting Wander Grazers.
Control 0
Lordship 1
Mass 0

Emre
Personality: Short Tempered
Sphere: Exploitation (weakly Attuned)
Force:
Control 0
Lordship 0
Mass 1

Swarming Grassland
Then came Emre to the world and he saw the vast plains and came to them to find life. He pulled up great chunks of land looking and from them the Stoney Grazers formed. These creatures were quadrupeds that wandered the plains in large herds and grazed. Their skin was thick and stony to protect them from the Hidden Jaws.
The Grasslands are currently the domain of the Grazers, but they are hunted by the Swift Divers and feed on by Sharp Mouths. Grazers sometimes wander into the Jungles and are ineffectively harassed by Hidden Jaws.
Species
Stoney Grazers are large Quadrapeds that live in herds and have stony scale hides that protect them from Hidden Jaws, but leave vulnerable areas for the Sharp Mouths and are too weak to fend off the Swift Divers. They Graze on the plains.

Control 0
Lordship 0
Mass 1

Aiath
Personality: Well-Meaning
Sphere: Peter Principle (weakly Attuned)
Force:
Control 0
Lordship 1
Mass 0

And Finally Came Aiath who stepped into the sky and remained there. He had seen the other life formed and so from the clouds he carved the Swiftdivers, great white birds that dove down onto the plain and snatched up Stoney Grazers.

The Swift Divers hunt with impunity on the plains, but they occasionally end up leeched by the sharp mouths. The Jungles are dangerous to the Divers as the Hidden Jaws reign Supreme there.
Species
Swift Divers are cloud white large bird-like creatures known for diving the grab Stoney Grazers and crushing their scales with the impact and their sharp talons. They nest in the plains to avoid predation from the Hidden Jaws who can swarm the unprotected Swift Divers with great speed.

Control 0
Lordship 1
Mass 0

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Sa gives the Sharp Mouths the ability to burrow inside of their prey, thus making it harder for the Hidden Jaws to catch them as they live in and feed on blood.
Korobeiniki