Pride and Patronage; An Alternate History Civ Game!

Speculative evolution and forum games
Sassy Cassie

Pride and Patronage; An Alternate History Civ Game!

Post by Sassy Cassie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:30 am

Pride and Patronage
Table of Contents
-NULL-
Intro
Welcome to Pride and Patronage! I am Cassandra Layla McDonald, your ever so gracious game mistress, and I will be narrating and molding your gaming experience into something fun and interesting(hopefully)! This is an Alternate History Map style game, a game first experimented on by the moderator, JoshTheHawk. Of course, there will be some key, important differences, to make this a more individual experience.

These differences are as follows:
-A patron state system(where the game gets it's name), allowing you to chose 2 groups which you wish to have more influence over, if you should wish to have more control over it's future coarse.
-A balanced starting-civ system, allowing the starting location of your civ, so long as it is logical and based in reality. I will explain the rules to this later in this post.
-You can suggest ideas for names and etymology... H0WEVER, I will change it slightly, to ensure it is not to close to any language any of us may be native to. If you wish to design an entire etymological system for your language, send everything to me and JoshTheHawk for scrutiny, and we will use it when we name everything.
-When more advanced political situations begin to arise in the world, all players will be introduced to... a voting based event system!

Anyways, on to our new start-up civ options. Using THIS map:

To chose where you start. The dark green, light green, and yellow areas are where you can start a civ. A thing to note is that the green areas are areas where your civ will not struggle in any way, in regards to survivability. In the light green, you can start a civ, and they will survive, but they will struggle in some regards to their initial start up. In the yellow areas, your civ will not survive if you do not make some modifications to it... And, on that point, let me explain how to make modifications to it.

No matter where you start, you will be given 30 modification points. These points can be placed into either early techs, domesticating plants, or making some change to nearby local animals. How much each different tech costs will differ based on your region, so wait until all civilizations are chosen and locked in, and I will give you any information you may need.

Chose your location on this base map, and post it in an img tag.
N0TE: If you start in a green, non-isolated area, you are creating a culture with several states surrounding of it's type, not just a single tribe/state. If you start in yellow, it will be a tiny grouping of struggling tribes.

Also, you may make up to 2 civs per person. 12 civs max(possibly). If there aren't at least ten civs by the 17th, I will allow y'all to make more!

(Yes, this is mostly grifted off of my original game that I attempted to star a few years ago, which was quashed when I came out of the closet and ended up homeless as a result. I am finally, nominally, stable, and this is me making up for the absence. :P)
Ⓐ☭Empathy is the most radical of human emotions, and it's rejection is inherently reactionary☭Ⓐ

Alexcat989

Re: Pride and Patronage; An Alternate History Civ Game!

Post by Alexcat989 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 am

I'd like to start on the Eastern edge of the bed on the northern habitable river of Gaul.

If I get to pick a color to represent my (future) civ, Can I get like an Indigo?
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:47 am

Alexcat989 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:46 am
I'd like to start on the Eastern edge of the bed on the northern habitable river of Gaul.

If I get to pick a color to represent my (future) civ, Can I get like an Indigo?
As actual states start to develop, there will be several colours even in the region, but the initial thing can be derived from indigo, sure ! shsh

EDIT: Could you please post a map with the area you want marked, so I can easily find it on the map when I go to compile everything? I dont mean to be mean but it makes life easier and turns faster
Ⓐ☭Empathy is the most radical of human emotions, and it's rejection is inherently reactionary☭Ⓐ

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:06 am

I would like to start in Campeche area and the region between the Mekong delta/south east Vietnam if that fine?

joshthehawk

Post by joshthehawk » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:56 am

I'll go for the Mississippi and the Nile.

If I'm making a comment with this type of text I'm talking as a moderator.
Anonymous wrote:And those who were seen dancing
where thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:20 pm

I’d like to join, I will edit this post with the map

https://imgur.com/EeJ6UpM
Apparently this doesn't work completely. The link is here to the image, it just won’t show the image in the post
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:02 am

I'll pick these two. I'll look into the previous game to see what to expect :) . Glad you're back!

Note to self: Research where the heck I've decided to settle.
Last edited by Guineapig004 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Alexcat989

Post by Alexcat989 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:54 am

Guineapig004 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:02 am
I'll pick these two. I'll look into the previous game to see what to expect :) . Glad you're back!

Note to self: Research where the heck I've decided to settle.
Greenland cannot be civ'ed yet, it doesn't have any selectable areas in yellow,lime green, or apple green.
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:03 am

I thought that because it was green, it meant that you could settle there XD. I just realized that the darker green areas are the green areas they were talking about. Should have rung alarm bells when Antarctica was green! Fixed it now!
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:41 am

Are my settlement areas valid? I placed the link to the image in my post since the img tag didn’t show the image
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki