Speculative evolution and forum games
naturegirl1999

Re: From the Primordial Soup [Evogame]

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:36 am

memebird wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:21 pm
We are currently at 12/15 species
3 slots left for this Epoch!
I made the 3 other species we need for the epoch.
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:23 pm

memebird wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:39 am
- A Species cannot be evolved until the Epoch after they were created.
naturegirl1999 wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:03 pm
Ancestor: Iron Stalk
If I understand correctly, the Rust Stalk cannot be evolved yet because its ancestor, the Iron Stalk, evolved this Epoch -too recently.
(Though since we are on the verge of changing Epoch anyway, keep the profile on hand!)

I'll introduce a species to replace it so that we can see what happen when the Epoch changes.

Chordavermis sollicitus.png
Chordavermis sollicitus.png (5.93 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
Common Name: Darting Lanceletoid
Binomial Name: Chordavermis sollicitus
Creator: White Parrot
Ancestor: Noodlii
Size: 8mm long, 2.5mm thick.
Diet: herbivore.
Habitat: zone 1, may follow plant spread elsewhere.
Reproduction: asexual spawning of a massive amount of eggs.
Description: Darting Lanceloids have adapted to an increase in predation by becoming better at fleeing. Their elongated body is animated by powerful muscles attached on a dorsal rod of cartilage - a notochord- and presents along its sides many pressure sensors; these combined adaptations allow the animal to reflexively dart away when anything disturb the water menacingly close to it. This lifestyle can consume a lot of energy, and the Darting Lanceletoids also developed "teeth" along their tongue -forming a radula- to increase the speed at which they can ingest plant matter.
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:20 pm

White parrot wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:23 pm
memebird wrote:
- A Species cannot be evolved until the Epoch after they were created.
naturegirl1999 wrote:
If I understand correctly, the Rust Stalk cannot be evolved yet because its ancestor, the Iron Stalk, evolved this Epoch -too recently.
(Though since we are on the verge of changing Epoch anyway, keep the profile on hand!)

I'll introduce a species to replace it so that we can see what happen when the Epoch changes.

Chordavermis sollicitus.png
Common Name: Darting Lanceletoid
Binomial Name: Chordavermis sollicitus
Ancestor: Noodlii
Size: 8mm long, 2.5mm thick.
Habitat: zone 1, may follow plant spread elsewhere.
Description: Darting Lanceloids have adapted to an increase in predation by becoming better at fleeing. Their elongated body is animated by powerful muscles attached on a dorsal rod of cartilage - a notochord- and presents along its sides many pressure sensors; these combined adaptations allow the animal to reflexively dart away when anything disturb the water menacingly close to it. This lifestyle can consume a lot of energy, and the Darting Lanceletoids also developed "teeth" along their tongue -forming a radula- to increase the speed at which they can ingest plant matter.
Thanks, sorry about that, I can just quote my previous post on next epoch, assuming the ancestor doesn’t go extinct
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

memebird

Post by memebird » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:32 pm

Epoch 2: Dawn Period

Number of species that may be created this Epoch: 17

Global climate: still warm and mild

Notable events: The original Bublalga, Noodli, and Bunstar are extinct because of their own descendants taking all niches and space available to them

------------------------

Any species from the previous epoch can now be evolved

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:20 pm

Image: https://imgur.com/a/rTQ9SLn
Common name: Knife-nose
Binomial name: Magnoccisor Cultronasus
Creator: Burger Cat
Ancestor: Pick-Nose
Size: 2 cm long, 6 mm wide
Diet: Carnivorous
Habitat: Zone 1, Zone 2-5
Reproduction: Asexual spawning of a massive amount of eggs.
Description: The Knife-nose is a predatory nektonic organism that have evolved from the Pick-noses. Knife-noses have evolved an bony armor in front of their faces to protect themselves from possible damage with other knife-noses attacks and prey outer defenses like the Pick-nose spike. An outer part of the frontal bony armor have formed a bottem beak like structure that doesn't have a purpose but to stabilize the more advanced tongue "which is now a radula" which have developed bony hooks to grapple captured prey. The Knife-nose primary way of killing prey have improved thanks to the spike have become more sharpen to form into a jagged blade, which helps the Knife-noses cut into prey more easier and allow the Knife-nose to kill their prey quicker. The Knife-nose have more improved muscles thanks to their more predatory nature and prey become more quicker. Finally the Knife-noses have evolved primitive eye-spots which only serve the purpose of sensing lights which is a outshoot of a odd mutation of the electroreceptor cells, which have spreaded into the Knife-nose gene pool as a dominate trait.

Alexcat989
Location: In a fictional world with a bunch of cute kitty people

Post by Alexcat989 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:26 am

Images

Common name: Goliath Beaky
Binomal Name: Calcivermis oculare
Creator: Alexcat989
Ancestor: Beaky
Size: 3 cm long, 9 mm wide
Diet: Carnivorous
Habitat: Zones 1-5
Reproduction: Parthanogenic by laying eggs
Description: Calcivermis oculare is an carnivorous nektonic worm like animal with a sharp calcite beak. This beak can cut through flesh like nobody's business making them effective predators. They have a linear digestive system that ends in a cloaca. They have a large horizontally flattened fin at the end of their post anal tail making them powerful swimmers. They also have a pair of pectoral fins allowing them to steer their bodies more efficiently to better hunt prey. They also now feature eyespots and a fairly advanced nervous system for the time

Ancestor: Buroodle
Size: 1 cm long, 5 mm wide, 3.5 mm thick
Diet: Omnivorous
Habitat: Zones 1,3,and 4
Reproduction: Parthanogenic by laying eggs, buries eggs in order to keep them hidden from predators
Description: The Opabinia Mimic is an omnivorous benthic worm they preys on burrowing animals. It has a fairly long proboscis ending in a spined claw allowing it to rip apart a lot of things. It uses this proboscis to either take down plants or to remove Buroodle and Wurks from the sea floor to eat them. The Mimic also has long swimming skirts along the sides of the body that propel the organism through flappage. Combined with their 3 pairs of advanced eyes, they resemble Opabinia regalis and Myoscolex atales as their name suggests.
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:30 am

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Image: https://imgur.com/a/U8n2On4
Creator: Naturegirl1999
Size: 8 mm wide 2 cm tall
Common Name: Rust Stalk
Binomial Name: Herb. rusti
Description: The Rust Stalk has created emzymes that speed up the rusting process of iron. Since Iron Eaters can't eat iron oxide, this species gets eaten less than its ancestors.
Reproduction: Asexual
Habitat:Zone 1

15 out of 15 species for the Epoch
This is now in the second epoch, sorry about before
Korobeiniki

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:39 pm

Image: https://imgur.com/a/kAQJbLr
Common name: Drifting Roots Bloater
Binomial name: Herbaglobus Motiodomus
Creator: Burger Cat
Ancestor: Sponge Bloater
Size: 3 cm long, 4 cm wide, 6 mm thick
Diet: Photosynthesis
Habitat: Zone 1-5, newly came into Zone 6-9 by floating by adults and mobile spore-based algae.
Reproduction: Asexual reproduce through two different methods, either by freely producing mobile spores that are produced during the right amounts of factors are met, or produce motile spores that are connected to the edible roots which to either be stucked onto the organism body or passed through the organism digestive system to become free-floating spores.
Description: The Drifting Roots Bloater have gone quite the reverse route compared to other plants, instead of pushing away organisms by using toxics or other defenses. This species instead have developed a secondary type of spore that is stucked onto the bloaters roots that allow the spores to either sticked on travelling herbivores or be eaten and gone into different areas through the herbivore digestive system. To help this new method of spore reproduction, the Drifting Roots Bloater have developed regrowable edible roots that will quickly grow back after being eaten by a consumer and will have a sort of symbiosis relationships with certain organisms. The Drifting Roots Bloater have developed 4 tipped body extensions that will stops the ocean waves of flipping it over onto the back of the plant and would even allow the Bloater to receive more nutrients from the grown roots on the extension. The Roots Bloaters does have longer secondary roots that help it's move through the waves more easier and allow it to slightly control itself, these secondary roots will produced a nasty fluid into the water if bitten into. The Roots Bloater generally like it's ancestor live on the top of the water surface and will travels with the waves for different areas.

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:30 pm

I'll be that guy...
memebird wrote:
- Species can only grow or shrink by a factor of two (meaning their size can be multiplied or divided by two). Exceptions may be granted for specific conditions such as abyssal gigantism
People above, check if your species is growing slow enough!

Chordavermis pterabulla.png
Chordavermis pterabulla.png (5.39 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
Common Name: Bladder Lanceletoid.
Binomial Name: Chordavermis pterabulla
Ancestor: Darting Lanceletoid.
Size: 1.2cm long, 5mm thick on average.
Habitat: Zone 1-5, following plants further.
Description: the genus Chordavermis has further refined its mobility. The Bladder Lanceletoid has developed three fins supported by pairs of cartilaginous rods: the caudal one propels it, the remaining two , highly mobile and assisted by a slight lateral flattening of the body, stabilize and alter its trajectory. Moreover, as its name indicate, the Bladder Lanceletoid rely on a primitive swim bladder to adjust its position in the water column with limited energy expenditure, making it easier to graze upon planktonic flora. While it is faster and more agile than ever and can now somewhat hover in place, its stamina and senses are still limited.
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Image: https://imgur.com/a/q4k9nFY
Common Name: Spikeroot
Binomial Name: Parasiticus spinaradix
Creator: Naturegirl1999
Ancestor: Glualga
Size: 2.5*2.5*2.5 mm
Diet: Photosynthesis, nutrients from roots
Habitat: 1, 2, 5
Reproduction: Asexual. Roots get stuck inside of a herbivore's mouth and plants grow from those roots.
Description: A mutation caused some Glualga to develop spiky roots. When these get eaten, they start to grow attached to the inside of the herbivore until the plant eventually grows outside of the herbivore. When they are exposed to water, they start to photosynthesize. These are often found in herbivores. They take a long time to grow, so the herbivores survive for a while with these growing in them. They are smaller because of this behavior.
Korobeiniki