Burghers of Frye

Speculative evolution and forum games
naturegirl1999

Re: Burghers of Frye

Post by naturegirl1999 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:52 pm

I went back and edited my post to specify that the mines I'm referring to are the ones owned by Elforche. Sorry I didn't clear that up sooner.
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:00 pm

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:52 pm
I went back and edited my post to specify that the mines I'm referring to are the ones owned by Elforche. Sorry I didn't clear that up sooner.
I guessed it was Elforche, but thanks anyway!

Waiting for Asura family’s action, and we’ll be ready to commence!
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:12 pm

Going to give about 1+1/2 more days for Asura to act. Then I’ll be drafting up the next turn report!
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 pm

1. Register "Dark god" visionaries, yes or no?
2. What sort of occasion shall we instate upon electing the new Bailiff?
3. Place controlling measures on trade, yes or no?

1. I believe that finding the people that have affected by the Dark God should be helped instead of being ignored and possibly costing pain to others.
2. Forming a festival for the bailiff would be great, but this festival does needs some proper security for anyone that have been afflicted by the Dark God or are traitors to the villages.
3. I do generally agree with the family of lew with this idea of their.

Events:

One of the killers of Tiglam will appear in the center of the village to confess that he have been badly influenced by this unknown force that is being called by the Dark God and wanting death for his dishonor toward Frye.

Some soldiers of Asura will help the Lew in the hunt of this unknown predator in the forest.

Xijin will try to help his relation with Lenora and wanting to have a true wedding at the festival to prove how must he cared about her.

Northe will form a guild of doctors to help the civilians of Frye from the Dark God and other possible supernatural evils.

Northe will accept the trade of information with the members of the Lew family.

Xing will resign as the tactic teacher due to the students are too dull for the arts of warfare. While Xijin will open up the hiring of a new tactics teacher.

A squadron of Asura soldiers will check up with the eastern mines to investigation the cases of missing people and helping the family of Ferran to insure proper metal production.

Some Asura workers will help the construction of the Ferran Stoneworks.

Younger brother of Xijin "Name: Ains, age: 15" have been having visions of a odd female figure in his dreams.

"Back from my summer break and I'm happy seeing this game came back again."
Last edited by Burger Cat on Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:39 pm

"I can't wait for what this next turn will bring."
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:06 pm

The seventh month has come to a close, and the results are recorded below. Things may not have turned out as expected, and perhaps, drastic actions will be taken as a result...

The Elders have discussed current issues, and their results are recorded here:
1. Register "Dark god" visionaries, yes or no?
Marahie: No, to avoid conflict and people resisting.
Javen: No. We might have power but shouldn't discriminate. We can't risk another scandal.
Rolfe: It's a good idea, especially if we want to keep the village secure.
Bouhe: No, we can't be sure this phenomonon is even real, and not just a ploy of some sort.
Northe: Yes, identifying people affected by the Dark god could help others, and not just those who are plagued by it.
Sefiam: Yes, but perhaps it should be voluntary registry, because we aren't even sure if this is a real thing yet...
Final Vote: After long discussion, Sefiam's wise suggestion shone through to everyone. A symbol of a bed was created, and those who wished to mark themselves with it would show that they were afflicted by the Dark god in their dreams.
2. What sort of occasion shall we instate upon electing a new Bailiff?
Marahie: Something non-confrontational.
Javen: Agree with Bouhe.
Rolfe: A festival would be a good idea. I can personally set up a small stand to sell fine wooden crafts to attendees...
Bouhe: A feast for the entire village, paid for by the Elders.
Northe: A festival is a good idea, but there should be armed security in case of discord.
Sefiam: A festival would be wise, in which we show our approval of the new Bailiff.
Final Vote: A festival was unanimously agreed upon, and thus it was recorded in the records of Frye, that when a new Bailiff was chosen, the Festival of Thrones would take place. This festival would involve great celebration, and a ritual in which the Bailiff himself would break a loaf of bread and present a piece to each of the Elders, signifying his loyalty to the village of Frye.
3. Place controlling measures on trade, yes or no?
Marahie: No, let's avoid conflict.
Javen: Agree with Bouhe.
Rolfe: Yes. We must set harsh tariffs, to ensure that the people of Frye will prefer local merchandise.
Bouhe: Yes, both a tax and a quality control on imported goods.
Northe: Agree with Bouhe.
Sefiam: If we do this, it could cause disgruntled foreign merchants to protest. But it will also make a revenue for the town.
Final Vote: A majority vote agreed that a tax should be placed on all goods entering the village. A small building will be constructed at the entrance of Frye, at which all merchants must stop and pay a small toll on each piece of merchandise entering the village. Each item will also be inspected for quality, extremely low quality items are not allowed to enter Frye, while extremely high quality items have reduced tax, encouraging merchants to bring in high quality goods to Frye.

The powerful families of Frye have been quite active in the past month, with no small outcome.
Lew: -Amiable Alleviation- 20
The owner of the Amiable Anvil declines the offer angrily, seeing it as a condescending ploy to make Lew look better to the village. Those who are friends of him also spite Lew for this action, offended that such a family would take advantage of someone's misfortune like this.

Lew: -Forest Forays- 13 (Aided by Asura)
A very large group of explorers, accompanied by armed guards from Asura, head into the forest to find whatever creature has been roaming about. However, with so many men in the forest, they scare away every trace of wildlife and trample down many plants and shrubs, finding nothing useful whatsoever.

Lew: -Northe's Investigation- (Roll voided by another Player)
Northe, under instruction from Asura, cooperates greatly with the investigators from Lew, speaking to them of the ways of the Dark god and how he must be destroyed. It's clear to the Lew naturalists that he is victim of a Shuidri, and that it's possible that this "Dark god" could be a result of a rampant Shuidri infestation among the common townsfolk. What Lew does with this knowledge is up to them.

Lew: -Structured Science- 18
The Udebha'ian teacher angrily refuses to leave off teaching, and has to be dragged from the school, shouting and raving about Dabalian heretics and "true science". The students and many parents are spooked by the incident, and while Dabalian parents are grateful, Udebha'ian parents are outraged at this disgrace of their religion. Many Udebha'ian children are withdrawn from the school, to be taught by the parents at home.

Lew: -Parasitic Pleadings- 94
Members of Lew who have been working with the Shuidri have successfully convinced many Shuidri of their state, and how to best survive, from a pragmatic perspective. Since each Shuidri must be individually convinced, the process took a long time, and only Shuidri raised in Lew captivity have so far changed their ways. With luck, the new teachings will carry on genetically to the next generation of Shuidri.

Lew + Asura: -Mineshaft Mediation- 88, -Mineshaft Raid- 24
Lew's grovelling and placating has done well in the eyes of Elforche. Elforche is taking their recoomendation under advisement, but is concerned that investigating the mines will decrease productivity. Just as Lew's hostages are released and Elforche has amiably concluded their meeting, a squadron of Asura soldiers rushes up to the scene, demanding information on the disapearances at the mine, and demanding more iron be produced for Ferran. Elforche is enraged at their impudence, and a skirmish breaks out between the guards hired by Elforche and the soldiers of Asura as the Elforche family members retreat. There are several major injuries on both sides of the conflict, and one of Asura's soldiers is killed. The members of Lew flee the scene, terrified at Asura's ferocity. The Asura soldiers are pushed back from the mines, and finally retreat, shouting insults at Elforche as they go. The village guards arrive at the scene, and question the Elforche mine security on the incident, which puts Asura in a bad light in view of the public authority. The populace working at the mines and nearby are quite perturbed by the incident, and Asura and Elforche's reputation with the populace drops.

Lew: -Foreign Forays- 67
Lew locates an elderly scholar in the village of Donu who has dedicated his years to compiling and clarifying historical events. He has contributed to a small private library in the village of Donu, most of the books having been written by himself, which he charges a fee for people to enter and read of his books, allowing him to earn a livelihood while he continues his research. However, he is reluctant to leave this setting, and offers instead one of his accomplished pupils, a swarthy, dark-skinned young man by the name of Forese, to teach in the village of Frye, for a handsome sum of money of course. Forese himself also requests a large sum of money as an advance, and a generous wage, for his services as a history teacher, but if paid well, he is willing to travel to Frye with Lew and teach history in the school. It is upt to Lew what they do with this knowledge.

Ferran: -Inn Upgrades- 100 (Aided by Asura)
With a great help in manpower from Asura, Ferran's labourers work quickly and the large inn is finished in record time. The budding mason's learning from the bricklaying manifesto obtained last month by Ferran, have had a stroke of beginner's luck, and the building's structural integrity is nigh-flawless. Ferran merely has to name the inn, and open it's doors to the public, and it will be not only the first inn in Frye, but also one of the finest inns that many travellers have seen in the nearby lands.

Ferran: -Steel Got This- 95
For a generous sum, Cisse reveals to Ferran what he knows about creating steel. Thankfully, Ferran soon finds out he did not lie to them, and the secret of steel production is theirs. It does take slightly longer to produce than smelted iron, but the benefits far outweigh this; a much more durable metal, superior to anything in Frye, nay, in the entire county, and definitly has the potential to be worth a fortune!

Ferran: -Brickly Bodings- 49
The masonry workshop progresses at a normal rate, slightly slower due to the construction of Ferran's inn, and should be finished halfway through the coming month.

Ferran: -Magical Musings- 62
A young woman, Nola, daughter of the Ferran family, has been telling her siblings and other relatives of a strange dream, in which she saw a half-finished pyramid on a dark horizon. When they don't believe her, she begins to show off "magic abilities", which impress her relatives greatly. They believe that she is special, as she can make an apple roll about on it's own accord, cause cooked meat to be infested with worms, and cause a candle flame to be unable to be blown out. What Ferran does with this promising young lass is up to them.

Ferran: -Authorized Arson- 27
The arson who burnt down the Amiable Anvil practices his skill, however he misinterprets Ferran's wishes, and begins to actually burn down some houses of innocent townsfolk under cover of night. No one is certain who could be causing the fires, but suspicion is directed toward Ferran, since they promise that buildings constrcuted by them will never burn down.

Tannell: -Inntellectual Upgrades- 67
Inn construction has been going smoothly, and the Eloquent Oak should be ready for residents halfway through the coming month.

Tannell: -Salty Searchings- 64
The general populace is greatly impressed by Tannell's discovery and their willingness to share it, and Tannell's reputation increases sharply with the general populace. Tannell hires several workers to enter the Elforche mines to mine salt specifically for Elforche, but they are halted by Elforche, since Elforche runs the mine. Elforche does not allow people to individually mine in their mine. If Tannell would like salt from the Elforche mine, they must buy it from Elforche, and Elfroche will handle the mine labour, they say to Tannell.

Tannell: -Assassination Investigation- 53
Cisse agrees not to reveal his new knowledge, as he understands the precarious balance of power the families have in Frye. He encourages Tannell to continue with the investigation, as once they have concrete evidence on the criminals, he will be able to use his authority to ensure proper punishment is dealt. There are no written records of who was and wasn't present in the crowd at the festival, so Tannell investigators ask around for more information. Several members of Asura are identified by commoners and the like as having not been present in the crowd; however, Asura catches wind that Tannell might be investigating the assassination, however no concrete evidence has been given to them.

Asura: -Following Orders- 33
A young man, a member of Asura, confesses publicly to the murder of Tiglam in the town square. However, he is quickly seized by the village guards, and dragged off to jail, before he can request death. People did, however, hear of his being controlled by the Dark god before he was dragged away. He is locked in jail for his crime, and is planned to be detained until the other killers are found, that they may all be punished together.

Asura: -Relational Repairs- 46
Things are going better between Lenora and Xijin, however the recent assault on the Elforche mines has done little to better the situation. Lenora is upset and demanding of Xijin to know why he allowed Asura to attack Elforche's mine.

Asura: -Medicant Order- 43
Northe assembles his followers and announces the creation of a new order, the Medicants, who are doctors dedicated to "removing the Dark god" from afflicted individuals [Northe himself is not treated for this affliction]. Men are treated by being immersed in near-scalding water while fully clothed, and usually seem to be cured afterward (but not always). Women are treated by being "thoroughly examined" by members of the Medicants or by Northe himself, and then have their clothing removed and soaked in scalding water, after which they seem to be often cured (but not always).

Asura: -Tactical Retreat- 87
Xing leaves the school without dispute, deciding to retire, since the young generation "doesn't appreciate good discipline". The position of military teacher is open to be filled.

Asura: -Wet Dreams- 2
Ains, younger brother to Xijin, begins telling his relatives and other family members of the strange dreams he has of a odd, well-endowed woman; and how he awakes to find his trousers soaked. He is ridiculed for his ignorance, and everyone laughs uproariously anytime Ains is brought up in any discussion. Ains himself has become a social recluse for his awkwardness and his bizarre conversational matter. Even his friends, unfortunately, use this as an excuse to banter and tease him.

Notable events:
1. A large skirmish near the Elforche mines between armed members of Asura and mine security hired by Elforche has caused a great stir. People are nervous.

2. The Ferran Inn is complete.

3. Someone, or something, is burning down houses under cover of night. Innocent villagers are being left without homes.

4. The School of Frye:
Cirriculums currently in place are Medicine and Literacy. Cirriculums that are desired are History, Tactics, and Science.
Students seem to do alright in school, but with so few cirriculums they are not reaching their full potential.
The Medicine Cirriculum is going well.
The Literacy class is beyond all expectation; problem students learn and grasp literature easily with Armanus's special attention. An extra-cirricular meeting session occurs twice a week at Armanus's personal residence and is in full swing for talented literary students, and the gifted pupils have advanced skills in both reading and writing, as well as world culture, since Armanus teaches them occasionally of this as well.

5. Village Elder Northe's cult-like group and his order of Medicants hold great sway over many of the populace of Frye. Northe's judgement of village Elder votes may become biased because of this. The Bed Symbol has only aided to increase his power, as the symbol has become a public recognition of the Dark god's existence and the power of Northe and the Medicants to absolve guilt and banish the Dark god from these victims.

6. Strange tracks have been noticed in the dusty ground near the entrance of the Elforche mines. However, not much is known as they are quickly swept away each morning by the Elforche mine security. Each morning, workers at the mine find several large rock piles full of ores near the entrance to the mine; as a result, productivity is going well.

New Issues:
1. Ferran has requested that a marketplace be set up. An area in the village such as this would encourage trade, and allow merchants a safe place to display their wares, provided it was patrolled by guards. Their would be a monetary cost to this, as resources and labour would need to be acquired for the marketplace, unless a family were to privately build the marketplace, or unless merchants were required to build their own market stalls.

2. The Elders must make a unified statement regarding the incident which occurred between Elforche and Asura. To not make a statement is to show apathy, and would weaken the trust of the general populace in the Village Elder system.

3. Several citizens have come to the village Elders individually with concerns about Northe's cult-esque group, requesting a statement. Perhaps the Elders need to make a statement about this recent event.
A description of the current situation of the powerful Families of Frye is given below:
Elforche---
Reputation: Neutral, however the recent skirmish at the mines has done nothing to aid their repuation.
Resources:Elforche is becoming wealthy, due to the steady income of the mines, and the growing artifact museum that brings in many travelers and locals to see the strange objects and bones found underground, who also buy souvenirs. Business with Ferran provides a steady income for Iron, and Copper and Silver are traded to merchants for plump profits. However, the Comfortable Cabinet has been strongly competing against Elforche in the woodwork industry, reducing income from Craftsmanship.
Relations: Elforche is Neutral towards Tannell and Lew, Suspicious but Tolerant of Ferran, and Enraged toward Asura.

Tannell---
Reputation: Positive, thanks to the teaching and advantages they have given to the people.
Resources: A modest repository of funds is available to Tannell, thanks to Lew, and to donations being given by grateful populace who want Tannell's good work to continue. Income should begin to trickle in faster once the Eloquent Oak is ready for its first customers.
Relations: Tannell is Thankful to Lew, Neutral to Elforche and Ferran, and Suspicious of Asura.

Ferran---
Reputation: Mostly Neutral. Growing suspicion because of the Stonework Never Burning Down campaign, and due to Casthor still trying to amass people against Ferran.
Resources: Monetary Wealth is stable, and is expected to increase, due to the Masonry trade which shall begin steadily sometime this coming month, and the production of superior steel which will also bolster income and wipe out competing blacksmiths (not that there are any major ones left in Frye).
Relations: Ferran is Friendly with Asura, Neutral to Tannell and Lew, and Tolerant of Elforche.

Lew---
Reputation: Reputation is mostly neutral, except amongst friends of the Amiable Anvil Blacksmith, who are greatly insulted by Lew's ruthless opportunism.
Resources: The silk produced by Lew is still a major source of their income, and while not extremely wealthy, Lew has a stable income from this.
Relations: Lew is Friendly toward Tannell, and Neutral toward Elforche, Ferran, and Asura.

Asura---
Reputation: Mostly positive, with general respect. However, those who do not believe in the Dark god are suspicious of Asura, as one of their own confessed to being complicit in the Bailiff's assassination.
Resources: Limited resources due to recent expenditures, but the hired mercenary company generates a small income for Asura. Part of the village guard regiment is using Asura resources, and as such they are compensated for this by the Village Elders directly.
Relations: Asura is Friendly with Ferran, Neutral toward Lew and Elforche, and Neutral but suspicious of Tannell.

In short, here are the issues the Village Elders can vote on:
1. How shall we respond to Ferran's marketplace request?
2. What statement shall we make about the skirmish between Asura and Elforche?
3. What statement shall we make about Northe, the Dark god, and the Medicants?

The eighth month has arrived. Unrest, turmoil, and foreboding beginnings of future events abound. As a storm draws near, will it wreak havoc upon the families of Frye, or shall it be narrowly averted?

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:07 am

BakedToast wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:06 pm
[New Issues:
1. Ferran has requested that a marketplace be set up. An area in the village such as this would encourage trade, and allow merchants a safe place to display their wares, provided it was patrolled by guards. Their would be a monetary cost to this, as resources and labour would need to be acquired for the marketplace, unless a family were to privately build the marketplace, or unless merchants were required to build their own market stalls.

2. The Elders must make a unified statement regarding the incident which occurred between Elforche and Asura. To not make a statement is to show apathy, and would weaken the trust of the general populace in the Village Elder system.

3. Several citizens have come to the village Elders individually with concerns about Northe's cult-esque group, requesting a statement. Perhaps the Elders need to make a statement about this recent event.
In short, here are the issues the Village Elders can vote on:
[------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
1. Set aside an area in the village for a marketplace. The merchants will have to battle over the prime selling spots.
2. We should treat this as any other skirmish. Have those involved go to the judicial system. Tannell will make this statement with the elders, or without.
3. It is important to find the source of this so called "Dark God", but mustn't allow a cult to form. The Village of Fyre should never stoop so low.
[------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]

Continue searching for the assassins who murdered the old bailiff.

Continue researching steel.

Try and find a scientific reason for "The Dark God".

Finish the Eloquent Oak.

Have one of our family members volunteer to teach Science and History.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:45 am

Votes:
Northe decisions on the votes:
1. I do see that a marketplace should be a great place for Frye to grow and flourish. But this market should be shared by the people and the elders/families shouldn't have much control over the public marketplace.
2. The Asura guards should be punished for what they done to the Elforche mines, we should question them why they wanted to support the Ferran family.
3. I believe that the medicants should actually help the people with more than just the Dark God if they were given more time to fight against the curse. I don't want to harm the village nor cost a religion war, but only want to help the afflicted be cure from the curse. I can confirm that myself and the medicants aren't a cult, but a order to cleanse the sickness of the Dark God and other evil beings.
Events:

Xijin will try to figure out why some of the Asura soldiers would wants to attack the mines, supporting the Elforche family and his wife Lenora in this decision that he made.

Ains will continue to have the odd dreams of the female figure, becoming more clearer that this female figure is surrounded by storm clouds and having purple slimy skin and hair. Ains is devoted to create his own shrine for his so-called beloved of his dreams.

Northe will allow the medicants to use medical check-ups and caring toward the afflicted.

The medicants will help normal civilians in local villages to check if they are afflicted by the bad dreams costed by the Dark God.

Northe will have a public curing section for himself to show that the dark god will no longer have the grip over his neck.

Xijin will try to find someone that can be the new military teacher.

Some Asura guards will interact with the Bailiff killing prisoner to see why he would kill the bailiff and dishonor the code of the Asura family.

Xijin will open up jobs for the hiring for lookouts and scouts for the Asura Watchtower.

The Asura family will try to create a local public farm that would allows anyone to grow their own crops for a very small price. Xijin will ask the Lew family if they wants to help with the construction of the public farm.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:39 am

Burger Cat wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:06 pm
A squadron of Asura soldiers will check up with the eastern mines to investigation the cases of missing people and helping the family of Ferran to insure proper metal production.
(OOC: Just a heads up, in case it was unclear in my last turn report. This, above, is why the Asura soldiers "attacked" the Elforche mines. They had a low roll, and thus the squadron of soldiers misinterpreted their commands, and came down very aggressively on Elforche, causing the fight.
Naturally, only Asura knows what exactly happened on their end. To the other families, Asura could have ordered them to attack the mines, or they could've been rogue, for all they know.)

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:10 am

Open The Indigo Ibex Inn
Request the creation of an annual festival funded by Ferran celebrating craftsmanship
Adopt the symbol of an incomplete Pyramid as the emblem of the masonry wing of the family.
Nola will practice her magic in an attempt to develop it further
Attempt to pin the arsons on Casthor, wanting to make the Ferrans look like arsonists, which they clearly are not.
Give Asura good rates on new steel arms and armour
Notify Asura that we will give them good rates once the mess with the mines blows over.

DId the Unnamed Arson who can't follow directions get better at Arsony?