Burghers of Frye

Speculative evolution and forum games
BakedToast

Re: Burghers of Frye

Post by BakedToast » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:31 pm

It wasn’t mentioned directly, but if Lew doesn’t do something with the cartloads of herbs sent them from Ferran, they’ll go bad, just like last months delivery of herbs went bad.
I Sculpt Tabletop Miniatures!

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:15 pm

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:29 pm
1. Yes. A library will be good for Frye
2. Yes

Actions
Take in Amialal, and give Amialal the injured thug for sustenance. Don’t let the other thugs find out we are doing either of these
Now that the scholars are back, have them read the books and scrolls.
Explain that the burning of the dead crops was to prevent whatever poisoned them from spreading. If we are asked about who/what poisoned the crops, show the letter from Esau mentioning the poisoning
Try to figure out if the herbs can be combined to make medicines
I added in an action, combining various herbs to see if new medicines could be created
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:39 am

1. Yes
2. Yes

Use the wood to start work on constructing farms
Have Ciona spar against the biggest trouble makers, with the intent of her beating them half to death
Put out a bounty on deserters and their equipment
Ask Nola who the person in the blanket is
Experiment with arrowheads
Raise Wages for the Steel Company

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:47 pm

Name: Benarös Retaur, 27 years
Wealth status: Moderately wealthy
Accompaniments: 20 Knights, his family, and a small caravan of abt 5 wagons, containing the family money and knights equipment.
Ideology: Prosperity through trade/reinvestment from taxation
Role: Administrator
Backstory: Very little is known about this man, except for his last name. Retaur is the most noble name of the house which The Duke originates.

Benarös recently made his way through the long, deserted road to Frye with a small caravan of supplies, wealth, and 20 knights(his honour guard), and has quartered himself in the Indigo Ibex for a week, familiarizing himself with the commoners and patrons and getting involved in local gossip.

His family consists of:
-Elisa of Baroj, 31 years (wife/daughter of a neigboring count)
-Forüke of Retaur, 17 years(brother/Head of the Honour Guard)
-Benjari, 4 years(Only son)
-Alisay, 13 years(eldest daughter)
-Frenara, 7 years(youngest daughter)
-Greta and Baram, the house servant and nurse maid for Elisa.

Secret Backstory bits:
In reality, he was banished from the duchy, after being implicated with a conspiracy to steal money from his cousin. He escaped imprisonment, and discovered an almost ancient map that included the now hidden village, and decided to see if the place was still standing with his family and honour guard of hedge knights who were implicated in the plot. Since it is, his plan is to consolidate control over the region, over time, make Frye into a thriving city, and build a small army of well trained knights and infantry to kick off an attempt to overthrow the duke.
-Buy a minor villa, large enough to house the family, and commission some housing on the property for the honour guard.
-Seek an individual audience with the head of the Ferran household.
-Seek a public audience with the Council of Elders
-Seek a public audience with the Loyalist U'debbhaian clerics.
-Begin looking into local businesses to invest in.
"Always trust Greeks bearing gifts. Your friendly neighborhood psycopath might be that gift."
-AΘE22
Tiberius wrote: Friendocracy? Obviously an incredibly alien and classist society. Down with the Charismatic Elite!!! Friends for Everyone!!!

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Welcome to Burghers of Frye! The intrigue just got turned up a notch! :mrgreen:

A few things to note:
You currently cannot vote on the Village Elder council, having no representative.
You are not considered a "Family" of Frye, but simply considered as a character, Benaros.

I'll add your actions to the next turn report!

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:32 pm

Welcome to the game
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Sassy Cassie

Post by Sassy Cassie » Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:34 pm

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:32 pm
Welcome to the game
Thanks! I look forward to spicing the game up, a bit!
"Always trust Greeks bearing gifts. Your friendly neighborhood psycopath might be that gift."
-AΘE22
Tiberius wrote: Friendocracy? Obviously an incredibly alien and classist society. Down with the Charismatic Elite!!! Friends for Everyone!!!

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:34 pm

And I am glad new members are here, also, where are the other families? Actions are important
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:55 pm

We're just waiting on Tanell, and then we'll be ready for the next report.

Asura is temporarily inactive as Burger Cat requested his own hiatus. As for Elforche, Billy5545 has simply disappeared, and so Elforche is also inactive.

Inactive families still do things in the background, and occasionally interact with plots and respond to diplomacy requests at my discretion.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:08 am

I found another forum and will link to here to hopefully allow new players to find this
the topic is here. You can make an account and communicate here. My username is the same here as it is there
Korobeiniki