naturegirl1999

Re: Burghers of Frye (4th Month)

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:05 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:30 pm

In short, here are the issues to be voted upon by the Elders:
1. Discuss management of school.
2. Shall we hold a victory feast?
3. How shall we proceed once the road is completed?
Notable Events:
Notable Events:
1. The Religious Conflict is calming down, due to the statement the Elders made. Several arrests and public floggings were dealt out to continuing dissenters, and since then things have gone to a semi-peaceful state.
2. The Clearing of the Road is about three-quarter way complete, by estimation of the village builders. It should be completed sometime during the next month; The Elders have ordered the commoners not to use the road until the families or Elders themselves can go out to make diplomacy with the outside world.
3. The Reconstruction of the Western Mine is going smoothly, although some strange events seem to be occuring; additional clearing of rocks seems to be taking place in the night, and strange bones were found in ancient clay pots deep inside the mineshafts.
4. Some people in the village have been acting... Odd... lately. Some complain of strange nightmares, while others have become very timid and socially reclusive. Lew is looking into it, but has come up with nothing conclusive.
5. Ferran's Blacksmith Apprentice, Cisse, has officially made his first masterpiece. Taking him a month to complete, he made a finely gilded sword made with a special type of hardened iron that he designed himself (a form of early steel), inlaid with valuble gems and ornate carvings of dragons and other mythical beasts. The value of the sword is priceless, and Cisse intends to keep it himself. He is now considered a master, and looks to his leaders in the Ferran family for approval, or some sort of response.
We are commencing the fourth month. Family actions will become more important than ever as the world will begin to open to our humble village. Proceed wisely.
1: We should add multiple curricula like history, science, military training, arithmatic, ect. Teachers can be assessed by the Elders to make sure they know what they are wanting to teach. We can also allow private hiring of teachers, provided we can still make sure they are doing a good job.
2: No. Money and resources can and shall be used for more productive endeavors, like trade, which we will soon be taking part in with the outside world.
3:Once the road is completed, we shall have ambassadors of every powerful family, such as the Elders, go to the count and explain that the village of Frye is wanting to start trade.

The Lew family will continue to investigate what is happening with the villagers, by further studying the creatures that are part of their silk farm.

The Lew family will also send some of their members to the Western mines, to try and determine what types of animals the bones belong to, and also sends other members of the family to watch the mines from outside to see who or what is taking the rocks.

The Lew family tells the Asura and Tennel families that they accept the new animals and the info on how to increase yield.
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Tiberius

Re: Burghers of Frye (3rd Month)

Post by Tiberius » Sun May 27, 2018 12:34 am

1. Teachers should be approved by the elders, letting random people sponsor teachers could have grievous implications. We stress Medicine
2.No that's a waste, but a festival to help raise spirits among the village would be wise
3. We should introduce ourselves to the lord and negotiate for what taxes and levies we'll pay. We'd also broach the subject of trade relations and ask the Lord to help guard the roads for travellers.

In regards to Cisse, he will be allowed to retain the sword, but we will request that he makes more for the family(not necessarily to the same incredible levels of quality). As part of becoming a master he will be granted his own smithy, but he will be asked to continue paying dues to the family. Once the swords are completed he will be promoted to the council and replace casthor, if Cisse agrees.

On a side note, early iron production would actually produce small quantities of steel as a by-product, and smiths were aware that steel was better.

After the formal delegation to the count, a Ferran will be sent out to learn masonry.

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Sun May 27, 2018 1:28 am

BakedToast wrote:
1. Teachers should be privately hired by elders that will be the directors of those curriculums. I will selecting military training, history, medicine, and reading as the curriculums I do want to see in this school.
2. I do feel that this should be a waste of resources and unfair towards the commoners. Instead we have a peaceful festival that should support the accomplishes of the village of Frye.
3. Agree with Casthor in how we should handle the road and count.

General Actions:
The Asura workers continue to build the watchtower and is testing with protocols for the watchtower duties.

Northe is going to check if the people of Frye are being affected by dark spirits corrupting their thoughts into violence. If these spirits mean harm, then Northe will try to do a ritual to banish those dark spirits.

The son of the current Asura family leader "he is 19 years old" is going to become the new leader of the Asura but he needs to find a suitable suitor to follow the customs of the Asura.

The Asura scouts are going to be scouting into the forest to check if there is any valuable materials or landmarks that should help Frye.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Tue May 29, 2018 4:20 pm

Just waiting on the Tannell Family, and we'll be ready for the next turn.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:47 pm

BakedToast wrote:
The third month is coming to a close. Things continue to progress this month, but perhaps they are looking up...

At the next monthly meeting, the Elders discussed new issues and the results of current issues.
1. Management of the School must be delegated. The school has been successfully built, and now the curriculum must be created and teachers hired, who are skilled in areas of expertise for the training of the students. Since the school is publicly owned by the village, the Elders must delegate teachers to teach in the school; either hiring them through general approval of the Elders, or by allowing private parties to hire teachers according to their wishes.

2. Tiglam proposes that public funds be used to hold a luxurious feast. This will be for the wealthier higher class, along with the powerful families and the village Elders, to celebrate their victory over the religious tensions, and the success of the school, and the soon-to-be success of the road, and the prosperity of the soon-to-be-opened western mines. Naturally, Tiglam credits himself for guiding the Elders in the correct path, and that his guidance has paid off as relative of the count; the feast shall be predominantly in his honor, but will celebrate the successes of all.

3. Actions must be taken once the road is completed. In order to avoid Frye appearing weak and disunited, we must decide a course of action; how will we approach the count, and explain our existence, let alone absence from the realm? How will deal with external trade interests? How will we respond to... the world?
In short, here are the issues to be voted upon by the Elders:
1. We should let the elders hire teachers based on their approval. Otherwise, those who had money could control what the children would learn. We should teach science, I do not care what else is taught.
2. No, we should hold a festival.
3. Agree with Casthor

The family of Tannell begins to research the properties of the by product "steel". They wish to discover how to produce more of it as it is can be used for higher quality metal items.

(OOC: Naturegirl, do you remember that the family of Tannell was asking for payment for that information. The Tannell family was running a little low on cash. Does the Lew family still purchase the information?)
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Wed May 30, 2018 4:30 am

Guineapig004 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:47 pm
(OOC: Naturegirl, do you remember that the family of Tannell was asking for payment for that information. The Tannell family was running a little low on cash. Does the Lew family still purchase the information?)
Since that was part of your original proposal, and Lew accepted the proposal without objection or modification, that means that they did pay the funds Tannell requested in exchange for the info.

(OOC: I've got a convention to attend tomorrow, so it's unlikely you'll see a turn report tommorrow. But, you are still fully allowed to discuss topics of any kind amongst each other, to broach inter-family negotiations and agreements based on current events, or make plans for the future.)
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Thu May 31, 2018 1:31 pm

To Tennel family: yes we pay for the info, as that was part of the deal.
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu May 31, 2018 2:41 pm

Elforche cannot vote on the council of Elders.

Elforche continues to send expeditions deep into the mine, well beyond the safely cleared areas, in an attempt to bring back more specimens of whatever ancient civilization buried their urns in the mines.

Elforche uses their knowledge of the thin fibrous wood material to build superior crafts, in the hopes of garnering more profit from quality goods.

Elforche proposes that Asura's future leader, their 19 year old son, be united in holy matrimony with a daughter of Elforche. Her name is Lenora, and she is very fair-skinned, with dark hair. She has a sense of social etiquette, but is often more concerned with being kind-hearted to those in need, and she is a woman of the people. She treats all with integrity and respect. Although it is customary to often ask a large dowry for the bride, Elforche only requests a small dowry of two high-quality trees to be cut and delivered to Elforche.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu May 31, 2018 5:28 pm

OOC: I'm drafting up the turn report now. Hopefully by the end of the day it will be up.
Just wondering, how are you all liking the game so far? Am I managing it well? Any suggestions?

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:38 pm

(OOC: I love this game :D . You are doing a great job running it.)
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."