1: We should add multiple curricula like history, science, military training, arithmatic, ect. Teachers can be assessed by the Elders to make sure they know what they are wanting to teach. We can also allow private hiring of teachers, provided we can still make sure they are doing a good job.BakedToast wrote: ↑Sat May 26, 2018 8:30 pm
In short, here are the issues to be voted upon by the Elders:Notable Events:1. Discuss management of school.
2. Shall we hold a victory feast?
3. How shall we proceed once the road is completed?We are commencing the fourth month. Family actions will become more important than ever as the world will begin to open to our humble village. Proceed wisely.Notable Events:
1. The Religious Conflict is calming down, due to the statement the Elders made. Several arrests and public floggings were dealt out to continuing dissenters, and since then things have gone to a semi-peaceful state.
2. The Clearing of the Road is about three-quarter way complete, by estimation of the village builders. It should be completed sometime during the next month; The Elders have ordered the commoners not to use the road until the families or Elders themselves can go out to make diplomacy with the outside world.
3. The Reconstruction of the Western Mine is going smoothly, although some strange events seem to be occuring; additional clearing of rocks seems to be taking place in the night, and strange bones were found in ancient clay pots deep inside the mineshafts.
4. Some people in the village have been acting... Odd... lately. Some complain of strange nightmares, while others have become very timid and socially reclusive. Lew is looking into it, but has come up with nothing conclusive.
5. Ferran's Blacksmith Apprentice, Cisse, has officially made his first masterpiece. Taking him a month to complete, he made a finely gilded sword made with a special type of hardened iron that he designed himself (a form of early steel), inlaid with valuble gems and ornate carvings of dragons and other mythical beasts. The value of the sword is priceless, and Cisse intends to keep it himself. He is now considered a master, and looks to his leaders in the Ferran family for approval, or some sort of response.
2: No. Money and resources can and shall be used for more productive endeavors, like trade, which we will soon be taking part in with the outside world.
3:Once the road is completed, we shall have ambassadors of every powerful family, such as the Elders, go to the count and explain that the village of Frye is wanting to start trade.
The Lew family will continue to investigate what is happening with the villagers, by further studying the creatures that are part of their silk farm.
The Lew family will also send some of their members to the Western mines, to try and determine what types of animals the bones belong to, and also sends other members of the family to watch the mines from outside to see who or what is taking the rocks.
The Lew family tells the Asura and Tennel families that they accept the new animals and the info on how to increase yield.