Speculative evolution and forum games
Tiberius

Re: Burghers of Frye

Post by Tiberius » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:47 am

I change my vote to support him ^

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:41 pm

We''ll have the next turn report up in a couple of days!
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:28 pm

In the third month of the year, the air has started to warm and speak of spring. Plants bud and birds sing, and things look hopeful in nature. In Frye, new life, in the form of new possibilities, and new avenues for intrigue, is beginning to manifest itself.

The Elders has discussed the Current issues, and their results are recorded here.
1. Remove most of the alcohol discount, and impose a Medicant tax on alcohol, yes or no?
Elamon: No. We must leave the situation as it is, or the populace will become angry that we don't accept their law proposals.
Javen: No, we keep robbing people of their money to forcefully "donate" to the medicants. This must be stopped. I instead propose that we return the tax to it's regular amount. No medicants included.
Fenris: I support Javen.
Bouhe: Yes.
Estralia: I support Javen.
Sefiam: Having such a large alcohol discount has been disastrous, but we need not tax incoming alcohol. That would be the opposite of what we had previosuly. High prices, with no merchants wanting to sell it.
Northe: Yes, we must save the villagers from the evils of alcohol, and the Medicants can help with this!
Final Vote: After long discussion, the vote swung in favor of the majority, and the acohol situation was returned to the way it was several months ago, at its regular prices, with no extra tax. While Northe was clearly offended at this, he did not challenge the consensus of the council.
Cisse, our Bailiff, has read the letters of the powerful families and has responded accordingly.
Lew:
(No Letter was Written)

Ferran:
(No Letter was Written)

Asura:
Xijin will be informing Cisse about the Black Beast's existence and will show one alive if captured.

Tannell:
It seems fishy to me that many are blindly following the so called "Medicants". Northe and his group seem to constantly be trying to find new ways to earn money. Just last month he proposed that we tax the people for their unscrupulous actions. Please stop and/or investigate them.

Elforche:
The other families have taken it upon themselves to investigate our private mining enterprise. Such an infringement on our freedom will not be tolerated! We demand that you make them desist at once!

After reading the letters, Cisse has decided to enforce a new law. Current taxes are allowed to remain, but any new taxes must be designed or approved by Cisse himself. This will prevent any group from gaining undue revenue from new taxation.
The powerful families have also acted this month, creating no small stir.
Lew: -Northe's Hospital- 62(Result Aided by another Player)
With the help of both the Medicants and men from Asura, Lew has managed to finish construction of the hospital, at last. Northe prepares to take his position as the chief doctor, and puts his high-ranking Medicant officers in charge of the other branches of the hospital, as per his agreement with Lew.

Lew: -Traye's Teachings- 60
The Doctors of Traye, while not extremely friendly or knowledgeable above Lew's own medicinal knowledge, agree to share some of what they know. Nightshade is poisonous, goji berries are healthy, but when combined they can make a powerful coma-inducing poison. They also inform Lew that several of their doctors are working on a medicine that causes the mind to lose it's mental barriers, which would cause the recipient to reveal closely guarded secrets or act in an otherwise fearless way.

Lew: -Medical Support- 16
The other families have not responded to Lew, save for Elforche, who informed them that they have more pressing concerns. The Medicants were unwilling to aid in the investigation, as they already have a brand-new hospital at their disposal.

Lew: -Mine Induction- 9
The members of Lew sent to the mine, who were only experienced in farming previously, were very unskilled and altogether untrained in using even the most basic of mine equipment. The manager of the mine noticed this very quickly, and reported it to Elforche, who quickly recognized the members of Lew, and were infuriated at this offence. The members of Lew who tried to spy on Elforche were beaten up by the Elforche mine guards and sent scrabbling home, their dignity in shambles, along with a message from Elforche: "Don't try that again."

Lew: -Foxy but Tame- 91
Several prime specimens have been captured and allowed to breed, producing a healthy litter of young foxes that have great potential to be domesticated. The adults, while nervous to humans, have not attempted to escape.

Asura: -Tense Tracking- 4
Unfortunately, the hunters haven't been heard from since pursuing the wounded Black Beast.

Asura: -Mine Investigation- 66
When Asura showed up to formally resume its investigation on the Elforche mines, the Elforche guards stopped them, and informed them that the Village Elders allowed them ONE investigation of the mines, and they used that last month. They couldn't just come back for another tour. They'd have to use whatever "Evidence" they already found. Thankfully, no violence broke out, and relations between Asura and Elforche didn't get any worse.

Asura: -Shoe Cobbler- 81
The "Common-Blood" member of Asura, as many now call him, has been successful at developing lightweight protective shoes, and Asura has quiet a large inventory of the shoes, ready to sell to the populace when they are ready to do so.

Asura: -Bannerlord- 40
Mounted archery training is difficult and progresses slowly. No one has shown any real skill in the area as of yet.

Asura: -Raucous Ranching- 55
A basic fence has been constructed around a pasture-like area, with a small stall, capable of fitting two horses, which is currently Asura's entire herd. The Ranch could be considered complete unless Asura wanted to add other amenities to it.

Asura: -Dream Dowsing- 60
Continuing her attention-garnering actions, Airi has begun to use rituals to "reveal the will of the gods", without saying the names of these gods to anyone. People assume they must be Udebb'ha and Dabalia. However, awaking from a dream, she claims to have found a "revelation", and she can place her hands over small wounds and say a short chant which seems to make the pain of the wound go away (but doesn't aid in recovery).

Asura: -Traye's Tactics- 65
While the military commanders of Traye aren't extremely advanced in comparison to Frye's military, they did give the Asuran emissaries some insight on archery that could come in handy.

Asura: -Inform Northe- 50
Northe accepts the information, and briefly informs the Asurans that his Medicants have also been investigating the Black Beast, and that it is very likely a representative of the dark god, possibly one of his lieutenants. He encourages Asura to capture the beast, preferably alive, and bring it to Northe and his Medicants instead of to the Bailiff, that they may properly banish it from this world.

Asura: -Domestic Donations- 37
The villagers find Asura's donations suspicious. Why is such a powerful family once again spending so much money on the common people? While reputation does not drop greatly, it does among those given to rumors and conspiracy theories.

Asura: -Farming Forays- 80
Asura, by investigating other farmers, particularly Lew, notices that they use a system of "crop rotation", which seems to allow crops to grow better in fields where they weren't planted last season.

Tannell: -Martial Perspective- 9
Several of the new volunteers are gravely wounded with Tannell's new concept of "chained weapons", as such a weapon design is quite foreign to the Traye County. The volunteers left with one accord, and warned others to beware of Tannell's dangerous experiments.

Tannell: -Count Murder Investigation- 29
Tannell investigators have not dug up very much information, other than that the fire that killed the Count was most likely deliberate, and that no visitors were currently visiting the castle as the time of the event.

Tannell: -Forest Foragings- 99
Tannell's explorers in the forest have made an amazing discovery. After one of them tripped on a small stone atop a small hill in the forest, they tried to remove the stone from the clearing so the others wouldn't trip on it, but it appeared to be fixed. Inquisitively, he and his companions began to dig around the stone, and discovered it to be a piece of masonry, attached with archaic mortar to more irregularly shaped "bricks" below. As they continued to dig, they realized it was the pinnacle of the roof of some sort of almost perfectly preserved ancient structure. Covering their discovery with twigs and leaves, they returned to inform Tannell of this amazing discovery. What Tannell does with this knowledge is up to them.

Tannell: -Silent Suspicion- 10
The undercover 'recruit' that Tannell sent to infiltrate the Medicants was discovered, to the rage of both Northe and the Medicants. After investigating him, they learned he was a member of the family Tannell, and he has not been heard from since. It is presumed that the Medicants have him incarcerated somewhere.
New Issues:
1. A large commoners make use of their ability to propose a law to the Elders. They ask for a major price reduction on bread, the staple food, be enforced throughout Frye.

As none of the other Elders or Families have proposed any laws, this is all that will be voted upon this month.
Notable Events:
1. Norther makes a public speech in the town square. He decries the false authority of the powerful families who don't like him, and that they have no reason to be suspicious of him. After all, he has only used the existing rules and laws to aid the good of the Medicants who act in Frye's best interest, unlike the families who act for their own gain. He reminds the families that have a member in the Village Elders that they are free to propose laws as well, and shouldn't blame Northe for doing the same. The people are roused by his speech, and general suspicion of the families increases.

2. The School of Frye is currently lacking a History curriculum. The other classes are doing well, but students may be leaving the school without a historical aspect on what they learn. Forese is nowhere to be found after he left Frye last month.

3. The alcohol economy has stabilized. The general populace, while disgruntled that prices have gone back up, can understand that it's for the good of Frye to minimize black market presence and allow local businesses to prosper. Merchants are resuming their alcohol imports into Frye.

4. So far, only three families have investigated the Elforche Mines. The case cannot carry on until the final family, Tannell, investigates the mines, or declares that they do not wish to do so.

5. Northe has mobilized a large part of his financial resources to great effect. The Church of Northe is finished, with a private living quarters in it's basement, where Northe resides. Taking a leading role in the hospital, Northe oversees the operations of the various medicinal branches in the hospital. He also conducts weekly religious services in his Church, in which he preaches the revilings of the dark god and encourages the people, no matter what religion they are of, to unite under his banner and save Frye! People are responding positively to his efforts, and he has great sway with the general populace, particularly the poor.
Here are the current Issues that the Elders can vote on this month:
1. Enforce greatly reduced costs on bread products, yes or no?

And thus, the Fourth month appears, like a surprise visit from an old friend at the door of the house. How shall the events of the fourth month unfold? Only time will tell.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:05 pm

1. Enforce greatly reduced costs on bread products, yes or no?
Yes.

Events

Continue domesticating foxes

Continue domesticating deer

Find out which student knows the most about History

Tell everyone about the "escape" sign up sheet that Lew found 2 months ago

Secretly ask some of the Shuldri if they are willing to help figure out where the workers in Elforche's mine disappear to. Tell them about what Lee found, and promise freedom to those that help with this. If they accept, tell them the plan, the plan would be to sneak Shuldri into the mine for them to find one of the workers to use as a host, to convince the worker to sign up without scaring him, and when the worker gets to where the escape is, the worker would return without people knowing and tell an investigator what happened. The Shuldri would be allowed to be free, on the condition that it and its descendants don't harm anyone
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:40 am

Have the council pay for a portion of the bread instead of enforcing lower prices.

Start Selling Fossil Replicas

Produce something nice to give to the count as a gift

See if we can hunt down Arson Man

Have someone ask the Elforches about their relation to Nora

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:56 am

I'm feeling kind of lost in this game right now, because all of my goals have been completed or fallen out of reach. I'm not sure what I can do to get ahold of Nora or the mines, killing the new Count probably won't help anything. I don't really know enough about elforche to strike against them. I don't particularly care about the monsters.

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:59 am

Events of the week:

The Asura-hired hunters will continue to find the black beast. If they captured the black beast then cut off the arm of it and give the arm to the Bailiff. Give the living black beast to Northe and the medicants afterwards.

The Cobbler will open up the Truceful Mule to the public to see their reactions about the shoes.

Asuran soldiers will continue to train in mounted archery.

Airi will continue her research on improving her healing magic.

Asura farmers will set-up their own personal farm with the newest information of crop-rotations.

The asuran scouts will adventure through the forest covering themselves in dog blood if the black beasts will attack them.

Asuran workers will improve the stalls to fit in more horses and will finish the stable.

Asura family will search for new land outside of Frye to see any valuable resources can be located.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:18 pm

Burger Cat wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:59 am
Events of the week:

The Asura-hired hunters will continue to find the black beast. If they captured the black beast then cut off the arm of it and give the arm to the Bailiff. Give the living black beast to Northe and the medicants afterwards.

The Cobbler will open up the Truceful Mule to the public to see their reactions about the shoes.

Asuran soldiers will continue to train in mounted archery.

Airi will continue her research on improving her healing magic.

Asura farmers will set-up their own personal farm with the newest information of crop-rotations.

The asuran scouts will adventure through the forest covering themselves in dog blood if the black beasts will attack them.

Asuran workers will improve the stalls to fit in more horses and will finish the stable.

Asura family will search for new land outside of Frye to see any valuable resources can be located.
Is Asura not voting this month?
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:59 pm

I don't have a family member in the elders. Just a gifted commoner named Estralia to do the voting instead.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:20 pm

oh
Korobeiniki