Burghers of Frye

Speculative evolution and forum games
naturegirl1999

Re: Burghers of Frye

Post by naturegirl1999 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:32 pm

I like the idea of Elders reporting to Baliff.

Do I respond to the confrontation this turn or next turn? I will edit my post accordingly.
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:33 pm

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:32 pm
Do I respond to the confrontation this turn or next turn? I will edit my post accordingly.
Just like any inter-player action like this, you respond as you read it. If you delay a turn, then its as if Lew is refusing to give Tannell any information.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:42 pm

1. Ferran-funded yearly craftsmanship festival, yes or no?

Yes, but the festival must be funded by all families, not just Farran

Events:

Lew asks Ud'hebbans and Dabalians about their religions to figure out if one of them, Ud'hebba or Dabalia, could be in Alns's dream.

Lew gives Tennel the information about the Shuldri.

Lew removes Shuldri from commoners afflicted by them and takes the Shuldri to the enclosure.

Lew continues to give supplies and labor to the marketplace.

Lew tries to tell members of Tannel that the Shuldri can be taught to be good.

Lew starts building a hospital. When the hospital is done, it will become public

(Sorry, I thought I already posted but apparently I didn't)
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:43 pm

Alright, I've got everyone's turn actions. Might be a couple days before I get the reply up.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:57 pm

With the ninth month behind us, many things been set into motion. Plots have been progressed, intrigue has grown, and general mystique abounds...

The Elders have discussed current issues, and their results are recorded here:
1. Ferran-funded yearly craftsmanship festival, yes or no?
Marahie: Yes, we don't want to anger the wealthy Ferran family.
Javen: No support. There's risk of Casthor sabotaging the festival.
Rolfe: Yes, a festival in honour of craftsmanship is a good idea, especially for local sellers..
Bouhe: Yes, but all families will fund the Festival, not just Ferran.
Northe: Support, but on a smaller scale, and allow the Medicants an honorable mention at the festival.
Sefiam: Yes, but the festival should be funded by all the powerful families.
Final Vote: The Elders have decided to start the tradition of a yearly Festival, taking place in the Tenth month of every year. This Festival shall be called the New Moon Festival. Powerful families and otherwise influential figures will be given the option to provide funds for the Festival's operation; those who do will be allowed to say a few words near the end of the Festival. [More information on the Festival will be described in the Notable Events Section]

The Powerful Families have not refrained from activity this month.
Tannell: -Steel Honestly- 52
Emissaries from Tannell find that they can't reach Cisse directly; he was in a meeting with the Bailiffs of Donu and Shaake, and was indisposed to Tannell's messengers. Leter in the month, Cisse replies with letter, saying that while he'd like to help, he doesn't work with steel production anymore, as he has more pressing matters to attend to. He instead gives Tannell a small donation as compensation.

Tannell: -Assassination Investigation- 100
Without being detected by the killers themselves, Tannell has managed to identify every last one of Tiglam's assassins, after a lot of shrewd detective work. They know everyone from the equipment buyers to the orchestrators to the ones who actually fired the shots. Xijin is not involved. Tannell has all the evidence needed to lay a solid case. Whether they act justly on this, or use it for more... opportunistic... actions, is up them.

Tannell: -Eloquent Oakening- 48
The opening of the Eloquent Oak could've gone better, but at least a fight didn't break out. The Village Elders arrive, but nothing major occurs. The Eloquent Oak is open for business, and will be generating income this month.

Tannell: -Northe's Persuasion- 16 (Result Affected by another Player)
When approached by Tannell and asked to step down as Elder, Northe accuses Tannell vehemently of meddling with the Village Elders' affairs, and attracts a small crowd as he decries the way that the powerful families use their representativs as pawns in the Village Elders, and how he will act this way no more, and will act independantly from the families. He openly renounces his connection to the family Asura, and now identifies himself as the Sole Leader of the Medicants, the Bastion of defense against the Dark god. The people hear him, and reputation of Tannell with the general population suffers a decrease.

Ferran: -Forage the Forge- 56
Reconstruction on the forge is going steady, and should be finished by the end of this month if all goes well. The lost metalworks and forge equipment will be costly to replace.

Ferran: -Burning Bushes- 92
The Arson hired by Ferran does an extremely good job and setting Elforche's forest ablaze under cover of night. A surgical attack, the fire manages to stay contained in Elforche's private forest, as the village guard tries hard to extinguish it. The entire forest lies in ruins by the end. There are no traces that this could be the work of an arson, as there had been a thunderstorm that night, and perhaps lightning had caused it. Elforche's income is dented, however, they still have access to the public forest, which they can use for their craftsmanship.

Ferran: -Pretty Pyrokinetics- 36
Nola learns to make words appear when she traces strange symbols on the ground in her tent. However, she hasn't prgressed far in the way of fire magic, other than being able to make a candle unable to burn out, and causing things to become alight without actually burning. She has progressed slightly in making dead things move; fish and small animals that are recently dead, she can cause to twitch and flop around when she drops them in an "enchanted" frying pan.

Ferran: -Church of Stones- 58 (Result Aided by another Player)
Ferran Stoneworks, along with help from Asura, have begun to build a a Stone Temple for the Dabalians, which has garned much gratitude and support from them, but has generated distaste from those who believe strongly in Udeb'ha.

Ferran: -Fireproof Foundations- 52
The populace are somewhat grateful that Ferran rebuilds their houses with superior stone, as opposed to the old wood and thatch homes they'd had before, however build progress is going slow, due to the building of the Dabalian temple at the same time.

Asura: -Stormy Sixth Sense- 10
Ains attempts to run away from the Asura estate where he is being "held" by his family, however, several older Asura men see him trying to flee, and tackle him down, dragging him back to the Asura estate, kicking and screaming. They lock him in a wine cellar in the basement, swearing not to release him until he relinquishes his twisted and perverted fantasies.

Asura: -Storm Songs- 3
In the wine cellar, Ains attempts to summon his beloved slime lady, and accidentally punctures several large wine kegs, causing the fermented liquid to spew out onto the floor. The intoxicating vapours of the wine cause Ains to become obscenely drunk, and he slumps to the floor, asleep. He ends up facedown in the growing pool of wine, and being unconscious, he drowns. Several servants in the house of Asura at the time had witnessed Ains' incarceration ["Stormy Sixth Sense"], and have circulated the news that Asura has murdered one of their own. Asura's reputation decreases sharply.

Asura: -Northe's Compromise- 19
Northe refuses to comply with Asura's orders to propose a compromise with the Elders. He refuses to break his power down over the Medicant Order, and he is willing to step down from the Village Elders if he must. He appears to be power-hungry, as if some great darkness has taken hold of his personality. [See "Northe's Persuasion"] Northe is no longer a member of the Asura Family, as he leaves to solely lead the yellow-robed Medicants as their Guru.

Asura: -Love for Lenora- 71
Xijin's patience and honorable ways have won Lenora over, and the happiness they shared on the morning of their wedding day was rekindled in her heart. Lenora and Xijin are in love, and are sleeping together. It would be no surprise if Lenora were to expect a child.

Asura: -Fraternity Farm- 32
The Farm allocation goes slowly, as the autumn months are setting in, and things are becoming cooler.

Lew: -Religious Rake- 35
Lew doesn't learn much from the Udebha'ian and Dabalian fanatics. They learn that the only true god is Udeb'ha, and non-believers are filth, and they learn that Dabalia, of songs, is the only true goddess.

Lew: -Parasite Purge- 44
Members of Lew go about trying to find those affected by the Shuidri, or the Dark god, and remove the parasites when possible. The populace is mostly neutral about this. They seem confused that members of Lew think the Dark god is some kind of bug, but they accept the help. The Medicants appreciate the help, but don't appreciate the blasphemous approach of Lew.

Lew: -Hospital Hammering- 76
The hospital construction progresses well, thanks to some help from the Medicants, who are hoping to use the hospital as a base of operations once it's complete. If Lew is okay with a small hospital, it will be completed by the end of this month. If they want a large hospital, it will take longer.

New Issues:
1. Ferran demands compensation from Casthor's miscreants, who refuse to pay it. The family wants the Elders to take action, and somehow force Casthor and/or his group to pay. Whether that means the Elders themselves compensate Ferran, whether they authorize the guards to make a full assault and shut Casthor and his crew down, or not to do anything, is up for discussion.

2. What unified statement, if any, shall the Elders make at the New Moon Festival? A festival like this allows us to make a statement that all the village shall hear.
Notable Events:
1. The first ever New Moon Festival will be taking place this month. Influential figures (including, but not limited to) the powerful families, will be able to choose to allocate funds to the setup, operation, and decoration of the festival, and if they do so, will be afforded the chance to say a few words at the end of the festival. Donors will also have the chance to set an example at the Festival, putting in place rituals that may last for generations.

2. Cisse, our Bailiff, has pledged to hear from more than just major disputes in Frye. Each Powerful family will be allowed to write a short letter [one or two sentences] to the Bailiff each month, which he will read, and take seriously, and take action based upon the report. He will also recieve a report from the Elders each month. Cisse has Frye's best interest in mind, while carrying out the decrees of Count Adaarn.

3. Northe has stepped down from the Village Elders. He steadfastly refuses to relinquish control of the Medicants. It's up to Asura to nominate a replacement. Speaking of which, since Cisse was Ferran's nominee, and he was replaced without Ferran's consent, Ferran also has the option to nominate a member to the village Elders. Rolfe, the owner of the Comfortable Cabinet, currently holds this seat, but Ferran may replace him if they wish.

4. The rumors of Asura murdering one of their own has spread through the neighborhoods near Asura's Estate. Asura, or the other families, could end, or make use of, such rumors...

5. The School of Frye:
Cirriculums in place are Medicine, Literacy, Science, and History. Desired Cirriculums are Tactics.
The Medicine Class is going well.
The Literacy Class is greatly superior to all other classes. All students are fully, and advanced, in literature. A generation of artists of the written word is sure to arise. The students attending Armanus' extracirricular courses have begun to spout strange rhetoric about a coming apocalypse, but this seems to largely be manifested in their own literaty works.
The Science Class is going averagely.
The History Class is partially suceeding, and partially failing. Forese's prowess in history and his commanding attitude keep many of the children in line, and those children excel at historical knowledge. However, there are those who are constatly distracted by all the ways the Amonet is falling for this handsome Forese. She constantly gazes upon him, makes excuses to be near him, and occasionally "accidentally" bumps into him. Forese, while his main focus is teaching, is not unaware of the situation, but does nothing to prevent it.

6. The Medicants have taken to wearing yellow robes with white plague masks, to avoid being assaulted by the Dark god. While the appearance is frightening to the populace, they know that the Medicants are there for their own good. The Medicants have begun collecting religious tithes and donations.

7. Casthor's band of ruffians have as yet not been stayed or halted in their actions. They have become a gang proper, and may be responsible for several recent break-ins and other crimes throughout the village, including sabotage of Ferran projects.

In short, here are the issues the Elders can vote on:
1. Ferran demands compensation from Casthor, how shall we act?
2. Statement at the New Moon Festival?
With the tenth month before us, how shall Frye proceed? For some families, it may be smooth sailing, but for others, a storm may await...

(OOC: Don't forget to write your letter to Cisse, the Bailiff!)

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:37 am

Continue work on housing, church and forge
Attempt to use Nola's fire magic in forging, attempt to forge the frying pan into something more convenient.(Please RNGesus, give me a 100.)
Give a large quantity of money to the festival, fund a number of craftsman's competitions. Say something hopeful and generic. Dog-Whistle Casthor
Help out with the hospital. Not too much, given we are starting to be stretched too thin.
Suppress rumours of asuran murder where possible.
I'll let Rolfe do his thing. I really don't need two casthors, and he's acted in my interests so far.
Let Arson Man roam abroad, honing his skills, preparing for the big job sometime in the future. (The Count and his family, he isn't told the specific target to avoid something prematurely, because he's a moron who can't read properly)
A Cart of Steel Goods is sent to be sold in the nearest large population center. (The Count's Hold?) We Request Asuran Guards.

I love how everyone else is attempting to save the world from the dream worms and investigate assassinations and what not, while I'm here building houses, and complaining about problems that I caused myself and indulging in Nola and Arson Man.

To Cisse
The Ferran Family is concerned about the spread of disorder in Frye. Casthor's Thugs, False Rumors, Northe. The Families need a stronger hand to get things under control.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Accidental double post. See below.
Last edited by BakedToast on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:12 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:08 pm
Tiberius wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:37 am

Attempt to use Nola's fire magic in forging, attempt to forge the frying pan into something more convenient.(Please RNGesus, give me a 100.)
I'm interested myself to see what a 100% would bring on the "magic" scene... :lol:

Let Arson Man roam abroad, honing his skills, preparing for the big job sometime in the future. (The Count and his family, he isn't told the specific target, etc)
So, did you tell tell Arson Man "Your eventual target is the Count and his family", or are you saying that OOC just so we have an idea what the plan is?

A Cart of Steel Goods is sent to be sold in the nearest large population center. (The Count's Hold?) We Request Asuran Guards.
Heads up, unless you get an amazing roll on repairing the forge, you won't have a forge in time to produce steel goods this month, except maybe one or two items.

I love how everyone else is attempting to save the world from the dream worms and investigate assassinations and what not, while I'm here building houses, and complaining about problems that I caused myself and indulging in Nola and Arson Man.
Your actions are definitely quite intriguing. Not that I don't like the others, but you're far less altruistic, and it helps to have a varied crowd of players.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:28 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:08 pm
Tiberius wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:37 am

I'm interested myself to see what a 100% would bring on the "magic" scene... :lol:

Let Arson Man roam abroad, honing his skills, preparing for the big job sometime in the future. (The Count and his family, he isn't told the specific target, etc)
So, did you tell tell Arson Man "Your eventual target is the Count and his family", or are you saying that OOC just so we have an idea what the plan is?

I like this. As a local village family, you don't know what the largest nearby population centre is. Good call on making a suggestion, as otherwise I would've just sent it, based on the roll, to where Ferran "thought" it was.

Your actions are definitely quite intriguing. Not that I don't like the others, but you're far less altruistic, and it helps to have a varied crowd of players.
The target is ooc only. I really dont want that particular way for things to go wrong to be on the table.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:45 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:28 pm
The target is ooc only. I really dont want that particular way for things to go wrong to be on the table.
Lol, fair enough.