Burghers of Frye

Speculative evolution and forum games
BakedToast

Re: Burghers of Frye

Post by BakedToast » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:51 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:56 am
I'm feeling kind of lost in this game right now, because all of my goals have been completed or fallen out of reach. I'm not sure what I can do to get ahold of Nora or the mines, killing the new Count probably won't help anything. I don't really know enough about elforche to strike against them. I don't particularly care about the monsters.
Maybe you need new goals, or perhaps, pursue a... darker path to reaching your current goals? Ferran’s days of glory were when their hands were dirty. Maybe they need some fresh soil on them...
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:06 pm

Just waiting for Tannell's action, and the next month report will be up!
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:02 am

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
1. I say that if we provide high bread discounts for the poor... Since the "medicants" seem to want to help so much, why don't they provide the funds...

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]
Alert the counts learned scholars, and send them to investigate the underground structure. Have some of the brightest village minds, us included of course, go along.

Apologize for the continued mishaps with the weapons and promise to delay testing until we solved the safety problems.

Continue to investigate the count's murder.

Research new weapons.
Letter to bailiff:
Salutations Cisse,
I sent one of the members of my family to join the medicants. He has disappeared for several weeks now, and I suspect he has been hidden somewhere. If they truly had nothing to hide, why would they do this?

I propose a new law, this new "helper of the people" the "medicants" be prevented from spreading their influence too far. They already head a hospital, a huge following (Javen whispers "cult") and a spot at the village elders. While us families have our entire bloodline to keep us from going astray, everyone in the "medicants" follows Northe without questions. They have even slandered our families' name! When have the village elders ever tried to harm the people they protect? They should be prevented from business ventures, and from gaining any more power.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:08 am

BakedToast wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:06 pm
How's the update coming along?

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:19 am

Tiberius wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:08 am
BakedToast wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:06 pm
How's the update coming along?
Been a bit busy this week (Just got promoted at work, yay!). I'm usually unavailable for forum games on Saturday/Sunday, so possibly on Monday? Sorry about the delay. If I Hadn't procrastinated so much, it would've been out by now.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Its fine
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:04 pm

And so, the Fourth month comes to a close, and leaves us, like a friend thanking us and leaving our place of dwelling. The events of the fourth month were mild indeed, for the most part, and a time of recovery for Frye.

The Elders has discussed the Current issues, and their results are recorded here.
1. Enforce greatly reduced costs on bread products, yes or no?
Elamon: This is ridiculous, we need to stop destroying our economy. The uneducated populace don't know what's good for them.
Javen: Agree with Fenris, but... Since the "medicants" seem to want to help so much, why don't they provide the funds...
Fenris: Have the council pay for a portion of the bread instead of enforcing lower prices.
Bouhe: Yes.
Estralia: I think this is a good idea, provided we play it Fenris' way.
Sefiam: Have we not learned from the last incident that this could be harmful? I vote no, unless we do it Fenris' way.
Northe: I support Fenris.
Final Vote: It did not take much discussion for the Village Elders to conclude that simply forcing the merchants to sell bread at a lower price was going to destroy the economy, and ultimately leave the people worse off. Fenris had a very good idea, and although it would drain money from the coffers of the Village Elders, it would help those who needed bread. The populace have been very happy with the lower bread costs and the merchants and sellers of bread are happy because they sell more bread altogether.
Cisse, our Bailiff, has read the letters of the powerful families and has responded accordingly.
Lew:
(No letter was written)

Ferran:
(No Letter was written)

Asura:
(No Letter was written)

Tannell:
I sent one of the members of my family to join the medicants. He has disappeared for several weeks now, and I suspect he has been hidden somewhere. If they truly had nothing to hide, why would they do this?

Cisse has summoned Northe to him to explain this behavior. Northe profusely apologizes to Cisse and ensures him that this was all a misunderstanding, and promptly has the Tannell family member returned to Tannell, unscathed but rattled. Cisse has given Northe a stern warning and warns him that any harm committed by the Medicants will surely be punished.
The powerful families have been acting well this past month:
Lew: -Family Foxes- 22
The further domestication of new foxes has not gone nearly as well as the last batch. Several Lew farmers were injured attempting to capture the wild beasts, and the wild foxes have become even more wary of humans. The currently domesticated foxes, however, remain loyal.

Lew: -Domestic Deer- 3
The further domestication of deer has proved to be all but a disaster. When trying to lure wild deer to the areas where they kept the tame deer, the Lew farmers somehow managed to incite their domesticated deer into a mad rampage, as they stampeded down the tall fences and escaped into the forest with their wild relatives. Two Lew farmers were killed in the incident.

Lew: -Student Searching- 38
Lew has not found a student with enough leadership to take Forese's place as History teacher.

Lew: -Public Defamation- 87
The public townsfolk hear the announcement of Lew, and drink up the information greedily, enjoying the gossip and rumors this has caused. Many speculate what the "escape" could be. Elforche is naturally furious, but so far has not offered any counter-statement on the subject. All the families are now aware of Lew's finding.

Lew: -Shuidri Spies- 79
Several Shuidri agree to Lew's proposal. Being carefully smuggled into the mine on carts, Lew has not heard from them since, but has seen some mine workers moving with more purpose to and from the mines. They must have been affected by the Shuidri... The hosts one day disappeared and did not return. Since the Shuidri lived in the homes of the hosts, they had no knowledge of why the hosts did not return. Furthermore, Lew did not know for certain which commoners were affected by the Shuidri, and thus could not locate the Shuidri to attempt to gather the information. Thankfully, several Shuidri managed to convince other members of the host's household via nightmares to report to Lew. Lew gathered that very little was shared even to those who signed up to escape, until the very day that they disappeared. The Shuidri had not sensed that any hosts had been brainwashed to want to escape, so their lack of return must have been beyond their control.

Ferran: -Fossil Fuel- 4
While the iron replicas of the strange fossils garnered a fair amount of interest, many faithful Udebha'ians condemned the strange twisted things, and actively campaigned to stop people from buying them. On one occasion, angry Udebha'ian clergy led a mob to smash and destroy Ferran's vendor stall in the market, crushing the fossil replicas underfoot. Udebha'ian doctrine does not accept the reality of fossils and ancient creatures, apparently, or perhaps, the Udebha'ian priests know more about these fossils than they let on...

Ferran: -Count me Worthy- 33
It appears that Count Ashet is not as avaricious as Count Adaarn, or perhaps the recent passing of his parents has put him in a situation where he is not jovially accepting gifts. Either way, while Count Ashet accepts the gift, Ferran doesn't hear any news back of whether or not the gift was appreciated.

Ferran: -Hunting Arson- 50
After sending investigators to the other villages in the Traye County, Ferran hears word that Arson Man is hiding somewhere in Donu. He is described as "a man with heavily broken bones, barely able to move, and takes solace in sleeping in non-descript barns and streets".

Ferran: -Elforche Emissaries- 34
Due to the strained relations between Ferran and Elforche, Elforche is naturally not receptive to Ferran's questioning, and not much is learned other than what Ferran already knows.

Asura: -Beastly Bearings- 74
After several days of searching, the Asura-hired hunters managed to track the beast to a cave, where they cornered and slaughtered it. Only one of the hunters survived to drag the Black Beast's body to the village, and seemed to be shell-shocked an unable to talk of the events that occurred. The beast was already missing an arm, but the other arm was successfully severed and sent to Cisse, the Bailiff, as proof that the best was real and had been killed. Northe and the Medicants were more than happy to receive the body of the Black Beast, and made a public show of burning its body, with Northe igniting the wooden pyre they had placed it on. Northe then led the crowd of commoners in a chant, reviling the Dark god, and how he would never have hold on the village of Frye again, thanks to Northe and his Medicants. Northe gained a large number of converts to the Church of Northe because of this.

Asura: -Truceful Trials- 68
The common people that can afford the cost of the shoes are happy with them, but no major feedback has been received.

Asura: -Horse Lords- 93
Finally, after months of rigorous training, several Asuran warriors have mastered the art of firing arrows accurately from the back of a galloping horse.

Asura: -Tender Teenager- 82
Airi has managed to garner a small following of loyal commoners who come to her when mildly wounded, such that she may ease their pain - for a small fee. Airi is very happy with this development, and has begun a modest personal income from this. However, she refuses to tell anyone how she is able to conduct this "healing magic".

Asura: -Farm Shifts- 80
Now that the weather has begun to warm, it has been easy for Asura to set up a personal farm. However, most of the Asuran family members are not accustomed to farming, as they are predominantly a warrior family. They had beginners luck this month, but they may wish to consider hiring more adept farmers to work their land.

Asura: -Forest Forays- 76
Asuran scouts find no signs of any other Black Beasts, and return to the village reeking in dog blood, but safe.

Asura: -Stabilized Dwelling- 44
Stable construction went slowly this month, but due to it being nearly complete, has been finished. However, the building is quite flimsy.

Asura: -External Expeditions- 22
About an hour's walk downriver of the village (still within Frye's territory, near the edge of the Traye County), Asuran family members have located a lake where the river flows into, abundant with fish of all kinds. Since most people don't venture this far from the village, it hadn't been discovered to anyone who wanted to invest in it... until now.

Tannell: -Ancient Archaeology- 39
The count's learned scholars laugh off these "old wives tales" as poppycock, but thankfully don't see it fit to demean Tannell in front of Count Ashet. It would appear that Tannell is going to have to head this investigation themselves, using their own resources to invest into this. The upside to this turn of events is that Tannell may well have full ownership rights over whatever is uncovered, despite the large investment needed to uncover it in the first place.

Tannell: -Assassination Investigation- 37
The investigators have learned that the fire, being an isolated incident, was most likely the work of one man. However, their pryings and questionings of the Count's castle guards have not been taken kindly, and Tannell is warned by several diplomats of the court of Count Ashet that their disturbances to the Count's business is not welcome.

Tannell: -Deadly Dabbling- 17
Research of new weapons has gone terribly for Tannell. Without proper insight from warriors or soldiers, and repeated failures over the past months, Tannell has failed to properly implement their concept of "Chained Weapons" in any feasible way. Several injuries of Tannell inventors has resulted.
New Issues:
1. Javen has stepped forward, and said, "I propose a new law, these new "helpers of the people" the "Medicants" be prevented from spreading their influence too far. They already head a hospital, a huge following (Javen whispers "cult") and a spot at the village elders. While we families have our entire bloodline to keep us from going astray, everyone in the "medicants" follows Northe without question. They have even slandered our families' name! When have the village elders ever tried to harm the people they protect? They should be prevented from business ventures, and from gaining any more power."

Notable Events:
1. The Church of Northe is burgeoning with followers, all ready to go to great lengths to revile and decry the dark god, but more importantly, to follow Northe, wherever he guides them. Northe has begun to teach his followers "Combat Training", in methods designed to fight off emissaries of the dark god. The Medicants hold great sway over Frye, and teach the Church of Northe's adherents to question the shadow cast on Frye by the powerful families. Suspicions against the powerful families grow, while Northe's influence expands ever farther...

2. The School in Frye is currently lacking a History Curriculum. The other classes are doing well, but the literacy class is producing disturbing side effects among it's top performers. These students, under the guidance of Armanus, have begun meeting regularly in extra-curricular "events", usually under cover of night. They can be seen entering Armanus' house, and leaving carrying large loads of dirt, which they dump into the river near Frye.

3. So far, only three families have investigated the Elforche Mines. The case cannot carry on until the final family, Tannell, investigates the mines, or declares that they do not wish to do so.

Here are the current Issues that the Elders can vote on this month:
1. Place sanctions on actions taken by the Medicants, yes or no? If yes, what sort of rules shall be in place, and how shall we enforce them?
And thus, we begin the Fifth month of the Second Year, a time of discovery and investigation, a time of knowledge in both the approved and the forbidden, and a time of intrigue indeed...

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:01 pm

1. Place sanctions on actions taken by the Medicants, yes or no? If yes, what sort of rules shall be in place, and how shall we enforce them?
Yes, Northe can tell the Elders what he plans to do, the Elders can vote on it, that way, we can know more about what the Medicants are doing.

Events:
Attempt to figure out which of the miners are affected with Shuldri, and try to follow said miners to the "Escape"

Explore the outside of the village trying to find possible locations where the miners escape to

Attempt to figure out why Ud'hebbans destroyed the fossils, and figure out what, if anything, the priests know about the creatures these fossils belonged to.

Attempt to increase farm yields

Attempt medicinal research, using animals as test subjects, to avoid poisoning any humans or Shuldri
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:14 am

Is Necromancy a thing in Itzan? or are the undead just a natural phenomena?

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Tiberius wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:14 am
Is Necromancy a thing in Itzan? or are the undead just a natural phenomena?
They are a natural phenomena bought bythe Purple Rain. This isn't the Itzan forum game
Korobeiniki