Burghers of Frye

Speculative evolution and forum games
BakedToast

Re: Burghers of Frye

Post by BakedToast » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:29 pm

Just waiting for Lew, Tannell, and Asura, and we’ll be ready for next months report!
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:32 pm

1. Ferran demands compensation from Casthor, how shall we act?
2. Statement at the New Moon Festival?

1. Lee thinks the Elders can pay compensation for Ferran, while it is also a good idea to send the village guards after Casthor and his gang.
2. Warning the populace to be wary of the Meficants so they don't abuse their power and possibly cause harm. Warn about Asura as they might have killed one of their own, who knows what they will do next?

Events

Lee contributes materials to building the hospital, as well as having 5 family members work on it.

Lee starts to investigate whether Alns was killed by Asia or by something else, and if killed by Asura, which members did the killing.

Lew gives money and food to the festeval.

Letter to Baliff

Alms wad found dead in a wine cellar, and rumors are going around that Asura may have played a part in his death. Members of Lee are investigating whether this is the case. Not the has left the Council of Elders to lead the Meficants, a cult of yEllie robed, mask wearing people that immerses people in scalding water to get rid if they call a Dark God.

OOC: I will not write these on my phone anymore because of autocorrect. I am editing this on my computer to fix errors and add a donation to the festival.
Last edited by naturegirl1999 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Ill give a few more days for Tannell and Asura, and then I’ll be drafting up the next report!
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

Guineapig004

Post by Guineapig004 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:33 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:57 pm
In short, here are the issues the Elders can vote on:
With the tenth month before us, how shall Frye proceed? For some families, it may be smooth sailing, but for others, a storm may await...

(OOC: Don't forget to write your letter to Cisse, the Bailiff!)
1. See bailiff letter. "I have contacted the bailiff about this problem."
2. Tell the village about the Asura's murder plans. Make a medium donation.

Go to the Ferran family and try to purchase some steel.

We do not believe in "magic". Investigate Nola's "gift".

Hire some explorers to explore the surrounding woodlands for interesting plants and animals.

Bailiff Letter:

Salutations Cisse,

I've come to report back to you who in the Asura family was responsible for the murder of the previous bailiff. (Lists names) I will report my findings to the people at the Moon Festival. Casthor's group has been causing trouble for the Ferran family. It would be preferable to solve this problem with as little violence as possible. We will assist if necessary.

Sincerely,
Joven
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Details about the new Asura elder:
The Asura family will pick a gifted commoner named Estralia. Who is a Foreigner to the village of Frye but become a worthy ally toward the Asura family and been selected as the new elder. She doesn't believe in the two popular religions of Frye but instead believed in a weird religion that is called Mercukh "beliefs of a storm-like goddess that brings global storms that will help all life in the world, the goddess name is Mercury" but she seen to be quiet about her own religion and worship her goddess in solitude. Estralia does slightly support the medicant and their cost but is more in support with helping the Asura family goals and generally supporting the Village of Frye itself. Rumours does say that she is a witch that corrupted Ains mind, but most Asura family members believe that she is innocent.
Current Events:

Xijin and his loyal men will try to investigate whose were the Asura members killed his younger brother and will be punished badly for this crime against the Asura family.

Xing will threaten Xijin and other Asura family members to become more enforced in the village and have actual power like the good old days of Frye, if Xijin doesn't listen to Xing then some consequences might happen.

The Asura family will spend their soldiers to help the Ferran family.

Xijin will have a public funeral for Ains and his body will be burned where his old shrine was.

Xijin will look for a new teacher that can be hired for the school.

Asura family farmers will harvest the crops from their public farm to bring to the festival as donations.

The Asura family will put a medium sized donation but will spend their guards to protect the Bailiff, Xijin, and Lenora.

The Asura family scouts will explore around the forest for important resources and landmarks for the village.

The Asura workers will help the ferran family constructions of the houses and church.

Note to the Bailiff:
"While I might be quite new to the village itself, but I do believe that the Asura family itself might needs some proper reforms. I do hope that Castor is dealed with by the council before he become too much of a problem. I hope that the other families and yourself are fine during the festival."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:55 am

I should have the turn results up in a few days.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:27 pm

Things are a bit busy at my home, so it may take some time. I appreciate your patience and am glad that you all love this game!

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:42 am

The tenth month has come to a close. Without doubt, a time of unrest and instability, but perhaps the firm guiding hands of the powerful families have kept Frye reigned in...

The Elders have discussed current issues, and the results are recorded here.
Marahie: We should pay him on Casthor's behalf, to avoid conflict.
Javen: Do nothing, the Bailiff will take care of it!
Rolfe: Casthor and other miscreants like him should pay for their mistake, send the guartds to force them to pay!
Bouhe: The Elders shall compensate Ferran, and we should send village guards after Casthor and his thugs.
Sefiam: We should deal with Casthor's gang, but not in a way that causes innocent casualties. We'll pay Ferran ourselves, and send the guards after Casthor?
Final Vote: After long discussion, reimbursement (a sizable sum) has been sent by messengers to Ferran. The village guards are instructed to organize a coordinated movement to stop Casthor and his thugs after the New Moon Festival.

Marahie: No statement, save to wish everyone a joyous autumn.
Javen: Tannell will reveal Asura's dark plans to the Elders, who will reveal them at the festival! We should also donate to the populace at this time.
Rolfe: Encourage the purchase of local crafts, and praise this illustrious celebration day of craftsmanship!
Bouhe: We should decry the Medicants; and also confirm the rumors of Asura's kinslaying.
Sefiam: I see no reason to make a statement that may stir up the populace.
Final Vote: Due to intense disagreement, the Elders have decided to make no speech at the festival.
The Bailiff has read the letters of the Families of Frye, and has chosen to act.
[An update, since this is the first time the Bailiff is doing this; he is going to read all the letters, and take ONE action that answers as many of them as possible in one fell swoop, to avoid chaos.]
Ferran:
The Ferran Family is concerned about the spread of disorder in Frye. Casthor's Thugs, False Rumors, Northe. The Families need a stronger hand to get things under control.

Lew:
Ains was found dead in a wine cellar, and rumors are going around that Asura may have played a part in his death. Members of Lew are investigating whether this is the case. Northe the has left the Council of Elders to lead the Medicants, a cult of yellow robed, mask wearing people that immerses people in scalding water to get rid of what they call a Dark God.

Tannell:
Salutations Cisse, I've come to report back to you who in the Asura family was responsible for the murder of the previous bailiff. (Lists names) I will report my findings to the people at the Moon Festival. Casthor's group has been causing trouble for the Ferran family. It would be preferable to solve this problem with as little violence as possible. We will assist if necessary. Sincerely, Javen.

Asura: [I had to do some paraphrasing for it to make sense, apologies]
While you might be quite new to the village itself, I do believe that the Asura family itself might need some proper reforms. I do hope that Casthor is dealed with by the council before he become too much of a problem. I hope that the other families and yourself are fine during the festival.

Cisse has read the letters, and has decided to request a squadron of well-trained soldiers from the Count himself to bring order to Frye. They plan to capture Casthor and disband his gang as their first order of business upon arrival in Frye, which is expected to be near the New Moon Festival.

The powerful Families in Frye have been busy this month:
Ferran: -Building Builds- 84 (Result Aided by Another Player)
With Asuran Guards to keep the order, progress on the houses of the victim villagers has gone extremely well, and they have been fully restored. The Dabalian tmeple is coming along quite nicely as well. Ferran did manage to finish their forge, with just enough time to make a small batch of steel goods.

Ferran: -Parlour Pact- 1 [This is LITERALLY the RNG number that came up.]
Nola, pressured by her immediate family members, reluctantly visits the newly built forge, which members of Ferran have spent almost the entirety of this and last month building, to help with steel production. The Ferran blacksmiths look at her expectantly, as she nervously lights a candle before the hot forge and says a few mysterious and occult sounding phrases, drawing symbols in the table on which her candle sits. As she finishes her chant, she flings her hands through the candle and towards the fire, and a stream of sparks issues forth into the furnace. At that moment, an over-eager Ferran member pumps the bellows with fervor, hoping to aid with the "magic", causing a rush of air to repel the sparks from the furnace and back into Nola's face. She begins to burn, and screams in panic, fleeing the forge and running into the street. The "magical" fire quickly subsides, and didn't cause Nola to be burnt; however, the distraction is just what Casthor and his thugs, who had been watching the forge all month, needed in order to strike. Armed with cudgels and torches, they charge the forge, setting it alight, smashing down the brick walls, and bludgeoning anyone who fights back. In a matter of minutes, the newly-built forge is in high flames, and well on its way to being burnt to the ground. Some miscreants are arrested by the village guard, but the bulk of them escape. Nola survives, but because her family forced her to use "magic" for wrong reasons, she plans to leave the village of Frye next month.

Ferran: -Rumor Reduction- 14
People don't take kindly to Ferran aristocrats trying to discredit their small talk about Asura. This has led some to believe that Ferran is complicit with Asura's shady dealings over the past several months. Ferran's reputation drops.

Ferran: -Pyromaniac Pilgrimage- 92
Arson Man, who has left the village of Frye, sends letters regularly to his master in the Ferran family, updating them on his progress and of new techniques he has mastered. He confidently believes he is ready for the "major assignment" they promised him.

Ferran: -Steel in Business- 86 (Result Aided by Another Player)
Although the new forge has been burnt down, Ferran had already had most of their steel goods in a cart on it's way to Castle Traye, guarded by a detachment of armed Asura family members. The high quality steel goods sell like hotcakes, at exorbitant prices, after Ferran makes demonstrations of it's durability and strength. Most of it is bought by merchants looking to resell it, but a small amount of it is requisitioned by the Count's Personal Blacksmith, who wants to analyze it...

Lew: -Hopeful Hospitality- 18 (Result Aided by Another Player)
The small aid from Ferran does little to aid Lew with the construction of the hospital. Progress is extremely slow, and not much is done this month to progress the hospital toward it's end goal.

Lew: -Kinslaying Investigation- 85
After asking around and questioning some of the servants from the Asura estate where Ains was murdered, they learn that two Asuran men, Xing and Wasashi, had grabbed Ains and locked him in a wine cellar. The servants aren't sure if he was murdered there, or if he commited suicide.

Tannell: -Magical Mysteries- 12
Tannell scientists ask around, and try to learn what they can about Nola's abilities, but they learn very little, due to her careful hiding of details. The investigation is not helped by the incident at the Ferran forge, which caused people to be... relucatant to speak of Nola.

Tannell: -Woodland Wanderings- 49
The explorers that Tannell have hired find a strange multi-colored poisonous plant, so they destroy it to be safe. They also find a strange orange creature that makes everything near it become silent. They manage to capture one as a specimen, but it dies before they can reach the village. They bring the dead creature to Tannell for study.

Asura: -Internal Intrigue- 100
Xijin and those who are loyal to him investigate Ains' murder, and find that Xing and Wasashi are responsible for his death. Xing and Wasashi insist they had only locked him in the cellar for his own good, and that they did not kill him nor intended for him to kill himself. As honorable members of Asura, they are willing to accept responsibility for his death (because they locked him up), and accept any punishment that shall befall them.

Asura: -Domestic Threats- 7
Xing attempts to sway the minds of other members of Asura to retake their former glory, but he doesn't have much credibility due to recent events. Many members of Asura misunderstand him and spite him more because of his statements.

Asura: -Family Funeral- 71
Xijin repsectfully has Ains cremated along with his shrine, which is burnt with him inside. Xijin makes a moving speech to all Asurans and the villagers that attend, that while Ains may have had strange views, he was one of Asura's and as such will be honored and missed.

Asura: -Tactical Teachings- 64
Asura locates a powerful warrior, who has retired from his life as a mercenary, to teach in the school. His prowess is undeniable, and his heavily-muscled physique and disposition command respect from the students. However, some question whether his teaching is actually productive.

Asura: -Forest Findings- 5
The scouts, members of the Asura family, head into the forest, but after many days, only one returns, covered in wounds and blood, and passes out on the village outskirts. He is carried to the Asuran estate where he remains unconscious, but stable, as he slowly recovers.

The New Moon Festival: (Ferran: -Crafty Caricature- 52, Asura: -Planting Presents- 45, Lew: -Dainty Donations- 56, Tannell: -Regicide Revelation- 64, Asura: -Guarding Guards- 91, Cisse[Bailiff]: -Casthor's Incarceration- 24)
The New Moon Festival that the entire village had been expecting came with great pomp on the third last night of the month, when the night sky was devoid of the moon. The evening began with some grand craftsmanship contests, which were greeted with much cheer by the crowd, who was already half-drunk with mead. Blacksmiths raced to see who could forge a dagger the fastest over a hot firepit, and carpenters built the finest jewellery boxes to present to a Ferran woman, who would judge them to see who was worthy of the prize money, and filled the winning box with silver coins. After this, members of Asura presented the immature sprouts of potatoes, carrots, and other one-month-old vegetable plants they had plucked prematurely out of the public farm, to the laughter of many and the chagrin of Asura; the immature plants were put in a pile and lit by a member of Asura, to represent a young offering to Nature, as a non-religous spiritual event. Then a banquet was celebrated, with food provided by the farms of Lew: Apples, Pears, Honey, Venison, and small roasted animals are enjoyed by aristocrats and commoners alike. During the banquet, the Elders speak individually to commoners near them about their current views on politics in Frye. Some unrest is generated by the large number of armed Asuran guards surrounding Lenora and Xijin, and the mix of Count Adaarn's and Asura's guards milling about the Bailiff. Cisse is cordial to all, and spends much of his time conversing with the villagers. As a confident young man, he gets along quite well with many. After the banquet comes to a close, a member of Ferran steps up and makes an encouraging speech to the crowd, which garners a rousing drunken cheer as he speaks of Frye's ascent to fame and wealth. He then makes some references to thugs and miscreants who have no part in this rise of Frye, and some members of the crowd grow nervous, looking about at the large thugs in their midst, who don't take kindly to this reference. However, no violence breaks out. After the Ferran representative leaves his place, an Tannell member steps up. The crowd is boisterous but becomes tensely quiet very quickly as this member of Tannell begins to talk about Tiglam. The Tannell representative lays out the evidence and gives out the names of Tiglam's killers; as he does so, chaos ensues. Several Asuran members rush the stage in rage of denial, others in the crowd recognize the Asuran members that Tannell has listed; they attempt to restrain them and pin them down. Most of Tiglam's killers are captured like this, but a few of them escape into the dark alleys of Frye. They are wanted men, and thier names are known. During the chaos, the Count's guards storm into the crowd, and seize various thugs and other armed civilians, accusing them of being Casthor's followers, dragging them off to the village jail. Casthor himself escapes with a small retinue of thugs. The Tannell representative is wounded by angry Asurans who deny that they had any part in the dishonorable act, but he manages to escape. Xijin and his detachment of personal security manage to restore order. The Festival-goers disperse to their houses, confused and suspicious, but the party-animal inside them has been sated.

Village Elders: -Casthor's Arrest- 68
Shortly after the events of the New Moon Festival, the Village Guard, by orders of the Village Elders, sweep the city en masse for Casthor and his troupe of miscreants. They find quite a few of his followers who were still recovering from the events of the New Moon Festival, and lock them up in the village jail. Casthor himself is not found, but speculation suggests he has very little, if any, supporters left.
New Issues:
1. The Medicants have approached the Village Elders and requested that as an influential commoner group, they should have the right to nominate a member to the Village Elders. This request would do well to be granted to prevent resentment from such an influential group, however it would increase their power.

2. Many of Tiglam's assassins have been incarcerated, awaiting punishment. It is up to the Elders to decide what their punishment shall be. Unless, of course, the Elders hand them off to a higher judicial system, such as that of Count Adaarn himself.
Notable Events:
1. Estralia, a commoner nominated by Asura, will take a seat on the village Elders next month. She is a law-abiding citizen under Count Adaarn, despite her belief in Mercukh, an ancient and mostly long-dead religion(think Ancient Norse Pagan IRL). Suspicion surrounds Estralia, naturally, as suspicion surrounds her electors, Asura.

2.The School of Frye:
Cirriculums in place are Tactics, Medicine, Literacy, Science, and History. There are currently no desired Cirriculums.
The Medicine Class is progressing well.
The Literacy Class is going swimmingly. 100% student literacy rate upon graduation of the class; perfect satisfaction, respect, and behaviour of the students in the class and with respect to the class. Top students attend an extra-cirricular class in which they write thier own literary works and consume literary works created by Armanus himself.
The Science Class is progressing well.
The History Class is not progressing well. While Forese is a very good teacher, Amonet, the woman from Tannell, has become nothing more than a distraction for both Forese and the students. Forese also seems to have a general disrespect for the authorities over the school, and an arrogant attitude.

3. The "Dark god" has almost relinquished his hold on those in the village of Frye. The heroic efforts of the staunch Medicants alongside the treatments of the "unbelieving" Family of Lew have driven the nightmares almost completely away. Northe and his Medicants are regarded as heroes, and continue to collect religious tithes while they aid the populace with other diseases and ailments (with far less success, as they have no medical training).

4. Casthor's band of miscreants has been dismantled. He is weak and in hiding, and if he can be found, he won't have much support with which to fight back...

5. Nola, the "mage" of the Ferran Family, is planning to leave the village of Frye sometime this month. After the events of the last month, can anyone blame her?
In short, here are the issues that the Elders can vote for:
1. Medicants nominate an elder, yes or no?
2. Punishment for Tiglam's murders, what shall it be?
And thus, the eleventh month creeps up upon Frye. A time of recovery, or of further turmoil? We shall see...

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:20 am

Burn Casthor and his followers Alive, Postpone Big Job. We are Done with his shit. I don't care if he's imprisoned before the arson gets to him, and I'm not terribly concerned about backlash. Collateral, on the other hand, is to be avoided. We will not allow such treachery and insult to go unpunished. Quietly request the Asurans to help track him down, but to leave dealing with him to us.

Offer Nola a newly created position in the family that gives her full autonomy over her magic in an attempt to rectify our mistakes. Promise and follow through on whatever concessions(assuming they aren't absurdly against my interests) she requests in order to keep her in Frye as a Ferran. (Why have you forsaken me RNGesus?)

Continue building projects, including the forge.
Offer to tutor some of the count's smiths in steel forging in exchange for aid in rebuilding the forge, or access to his for the duration of the repairs.

Use the rumours and conflict surrounding the elforches mine as justification to accuse them of mismanaging it and demand for them to be forced to auction it to the other families. (Ferran is obviously going to go far to win that auction, but demanding it be sold just to Ferran would be much harder to get past the council)
Offer to trade the secret of steel to the Tannel's in exchange for their support in the above. (Sorry about missing that offer last turn)

The Ferran Head is enraged by the turn of events and his letter to Cisse is an incompressible rambling mess.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:50 pm

1. Medicants nominate an elder, yes or no?
2. Punishment for Tiglam's murders, what shall it be?

1. After the festival and hearing that the Medicants are also getting rid of the nightmares, I realize that there wasnt a reason to denounce them. Since they are influentiail, refusing their request could lead to conflict. We can give them a seat to avoid conflict.

2. Kill them by shooting them with arrows, the way they killed Tiglam.

Events:

Lew sends some members to the Medicine teacher in Frye, Shaake, and Donu to learn all they can about medicine.

Lee will teach the Meficants what they learn about medicine from Frye, Shaake, and Donu.

Lee sends investigators to question Xing and Wasashi.

Lee sends some silk, money and various foods from their farms to the Meficants as an apology for what was said at the festival.

Ask Forese about what is bothering him about the way the school is run.

Submission
Firing Amonet because of how distracting she is to Forese and the students.

OOC
My phone won't let me type medic cant
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki