Itzan- 165 years

Speculative evolution and forum games
Burger Cat

Re: Itzan- 165 years

Post by Burger Cat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:05 pm

I do like option A the best for me but keep the old rules set up.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:54 am

If we do option A, will Burghers of Frye still be live? If so, I am for A. I like both of these games
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:10 am

OOC: Burghers of Frye will stick around no matter what. That's mostly unrelated to this, it was just an anecdote I figured worthwhile to put in.

Probably a spiritual successor that takes place in a new universe (or perhaps a sub-universe) is the best idea. I'll roll this around in the back of my head. I love the canon of this universe, though, and that'll be tough to part with in a new game. I'll see if I can draft up a concept.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:42 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:09 pm
I think it may be time we consider someone taking on the mantle of “The Elder Voice” in this game, and begin running it on behalf of Prudentia. He has all but dropped off the map; I don’t know about the rest of you, but this forum game has been the best world-building experience I, for one, have ever been involved in.

I see several options here:

1. Someone takes on Prudentia’s role, as unbiased and fairly as possible, and continues the turn structure already set up. Obviously, this would mean someone becoming less involved in their character's progression.
2. We start up a new forum game, a sort of "spiritual successor" to Itzan.
3. We do nothing, and hope Prudentia returns.

What do you all think?
BakedToast wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:49 pm
If we do option 2, and create a spiritual successor to Itzan, I would almost recommend that we either:

A. Make a completely new and different world,
Or
B. Use a “mirror world”, somewhat like Beiritza is mirrored from Arrimua (world of the gods in Itzan); this mirroredland could be called “Cacterra”, for it is the successor realm. Since it exists in the same universe, we would be the same gods etc. I can go over the rules in more detail if people are interested in this option.

I can volunteer to be the manager of the new game, but I cannot guarantee a consistent turn structure. We could, alternately, run this “new game” in this same thread, it then it would be better to continue in the canon land of Arrimua instead of a successor game.
However, this would dilute my ability to run/play other forum games, so we could instead have interested players join Burghers of Frye, which is set in the Itzan universe, if they aren’t already playing therein.
Perhaps because I'm indecisive or contrarian, I'd propose an unholy combination of options 1, 2 and 3. :P Hope Prudentia returns, to ask them about the possibility of someone else taking up their mantle; in the meantime, start up a spiritual successor. See how it goes.

As for another game, I'd be more interested in a new world in a new thread, though I can't promise I'll participate in this one.
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:56 am

White parrot wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:42 pm
Perhaps because I'm indecisive or contrarian, I'd propose an unholy combination of options 1, 2 and 3. :P Hope Prudentia returns, to ask them about the possibility of someone else taking up their mantle; in the meantime, start up a spiritual successor. See how it goes.

As for another game, I'd be more interested in a new world in a new thread, though I can't promise I'll participate in this one.
I've got Burghers of Frye to attend to as my top priority, but I'm open to being the designated runner of the spiritual successor. I'm no expert in population dynamics and other aspects that Prudentia seems to so excellently integrate into this game, but I can attempt to make a reasonably good successor. It's on the backlog for now, until my report for Burghers of Frye is completed. Hopefully we'll see this spiritual successor up by the end of Monday or Tuesday of the coming week.
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Edit: Posted in the wrong topic.

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:03 am

It has been a long time. The dust is yet settling from this great legend, which yet lives on in the hearts of the divines who partook of it.

CUE ENTRANCE OF.....
The Itzan Audio-Book!

This is a full Audio-Book rendition of the revelation, the interactions, and the struggles of the gods of Itzan, along with the ploys of mortals and their great intrigues. Spanning an epic 50 Chapters over all 165 years of history, this is a tale to remember. May it hold a special place in the hearts of all.

Each Chapter is a page on the Itzan forum-game, except for the final chapter, which spans several pages. This means that each chapter can range from 5 minutes to about 25 minutes, since some pages have more text on them. Each post is marked as it was written, with the poster's name and the date that they made the post. Quotes are marked with the poster's name followed by "quote" (for example, BakedToast quote:)
A few tweaks were made, deviating from the forum, for clarity in listening:
1. Several instances of off-topic posts were removed.
2. Quotes of posts that immediately preceded the quotes were removed, but their responses were not. An exception to this was partial quotes of specifically long posts, to ensure that the listener could get the gist of what is being discussed.
3. A very few horrendously constructed sentences were edited for clarity (VERY few. a lot of typos and minor grammar errors were left, to keep fidelity to the original story).
4. A few extremely empty posts may have been removed (for example, a post that said nothing but "ok", may have been removed).

Currently, the Audio-Book is narrated by our friend Microsoft Dave, who does admittedly have a rather bland reading style. Due to this, a minor amount of concentration is required in order to 100% follow along with his story-telling; But there was no way I was going to sit for 20 hours and preach the entire narrative, especially if I wasn't sure if anyone would enjoy this.

You can access a google drive link to all 50 chapters here.

Enjoy!

[If people really like this, and want to make an official human-narrated Audiobook, we'd have to collaborate and most likely have everyone narrate a different character, such that the voices would be sufficiently different.]

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:39 am

This is awesome. Thank you for this
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki