Tiberius wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:25 am
I'm Pentavus, not burger cat.
My bad. Fixed.

Prudentia

Re: Itzan

Post by Prudentia » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:36 am

These are the rules that we have hereby agreed to be bound to:

1). Each god(des) may select an individual to be their champion. We may not directly interfThesere with each other's champions. Only the head of the Pantheon can remove powers from a champion, with the agreement of the majority.

2). I propose that we may not cause disasters that would cause the destruction of all intelligent life, so, maximize the damage to, like, volcanoes and earthquakes and stuff.

3). If a god(dess) fall in love with a mortal? Then you can't use your divine powers to get revenge, or try to revive them if they do died.

4). If there was an child is born from the divine romance of you and your chosen lover. Then you must leave both your lover and the child to be alone, but if the child has passed your tests/trials then he/she will become your champion.

5). Any trials that will perform upon their future champions that were born from a mortal+god relation must be approve by the head of the Pantheon. If a god ignore the denial that their child can´t be a champion. Then by popular vote, the head of pantheon can punish them for it.

6). I propose that with a unanimous vote any rule may be circumvented.

7). A deity may not use mind control to make a follower out of a sophont. Worship is to be offered, not taken.

8). A deity may not directly affect a creation or a follower of another deity without express consent of the creation/follower's deity. At the discretion of the deities involved, contracts and arrangements can be passed to grant consents in a systematic manner.

9). A deity may not create entities with an innate desire to commit (an) action(s) that would break (a) Rule(s) on behalf of their creator.

10). I declare that a small group of sapient mortals should be geographically isolated, never to be touched by divine hands, as a control group.

11). Additionally, I declare that no god or goddess should turn into a swan for the purpose of having sex with sapient mortals.

We should begin to discuss the mortal planes. Personally I support the idea of having three, one in which we can actively interfere, and two in which we refrain, with one being able to interact with the world we use, and the second untouchable world being completely isolated. We need to discuss this, as well as the climates and general geography of them.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:34 am

Nyktal wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:36 am
We should begin to discuss the mortal planes. Personally I support the idea of having three, one in which we can actively interfere, and two in which we refrain, with one being able to interact with the world we use, and the second untouchable world being completely isolated. We need to discuss this, as well as the climates and general geography of them.
I support the three planes idea (whose names will need to be defined!), with one wrinkle: to be used as comparison, they have to begin identical in all aspects. Thus I propose the two unalterable planes be for now reflects of the third one, with all alterations on the model automatically duplicated on the others. At some point, presumably after the creation of the first sophonts, we will "shatter the mirror" and from then on, forevermore, let the unalterable planes behave on their own.
The interaction between the two first planes has to be usable by mortals. In the right conditions, one could probably be seen from the other; that being said, I wish to go further and give a way of crossing over for future mortals. I propose that portals leading from a plane to the other could, rarely, spontaneously form across arches or something, disappearing only when the requirements for their presence are no longer met. We may later give sophonts some control over the manifestation of portals, but this accidental method would be a nice beginning.

I personally see no point in having more planes than the three aforementioned.

I'm afraid geography is my weak point; if you'd leave it to me I'd probably fill the whole thing with the corpses of botched sophonts and call it the first day, hahaha!!
Seriously though, here are my two cents.
I like the idea of "rafts" bearing small self-sufficient peoples gliding across the world, sometime isolated, sometime grouped together. Something that would, over millennia, allow periods of isolated developments, and periods of exchanges and conflicts, in ways that are hard to predict on the long run so as to keep sophonts on their toes (or equivalent for that matter).
These rafts could be "continental plates" (emerged or immersed) separated by uninhabitable oceanic plates chaotically growing and shrinking. They could also be something akin to icebergs, but then making them self-sufficient could be harder (fishing, perhaps?). Or large beings. In any way, collisions could be locally quite devastating, so I'd suggest making resilient rafts large enough to have a centre relatively protected from the tumult on the borders; a good place for rolling plains, or large lakes; somewhere to build capital cities.
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:44 pm

joshthehawk wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:40 pm
Burger Cat wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:57 pm
Alexcat989 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:18 pm
Tiberius wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 am
Quasar wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:42 am

If you need/ want to quote you every time we make an advancement, let me know.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:13 am

OOC: I wasn't planning to be too active in here, but let's keep this moving.

Suggestion: to keep things moving, our proposals and discussion should be taken as actions (as omnipotent beings, that which we imagine becomes reality. A debate among us could quickly become a world-ending genocide, unless it conflicted with the rules).

So, by discussing the concept, Eko'o has split reality into three. All three are identical mirrors, for now.

They have also created entire rafts of land, floating islands large enough to support entire biomes. For now, they float via Eko'os divine intervention.

---

In Character:

As above, so below. As we have rules, so must this new world.

Earth is heavier than water. It belongs beneath the waves, not above them.

[in the world, Eko'os great islands begin to sink beneath the waves. Luckily, there's nobody on them yet]

But then, air is lighter than water. I will accept that your rafts could be floated by air bubbles, were the earth light enough and the bubbles large enough.

[Eko'os islands rise again as great caverns are carved within them, filled with toxic bouyant gases, and their bedrock is replaced by pumice stone]

Much better. Have any others any geography they would like to contribute to this world?

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Suggestion for geography: Large violent storms that actively appears out of the blue, and being able to move the raft islands with powerful winds into new areas of the large ocean. These storms only last about a few days, and may differ depending on the certain season.

"I did also have the idea for acid storms. But this is more better for everyone just to have normal violent storms instead."

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:07 am

Aight, now that I am done procrastinating:

Large landmasses with caverns full of toxic gasses float on an oceanic world. Violent storms drive these islands, flinging them in random directions (Let's just say that they vary in size from Puerto Rico to New Guinea). Now that we have created the land and seas, and the life that fills them, we shall create the mortal sapients that we shall rule over.
Literally giving 30 hours for this, if no body posts anything we will use humans. and normal gameplay can begin on sunday.

Alexcat989

Post by Alexcat989 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:52 pm

I Teuruzza would like to create a race of "chibi anthropomorphic birds of prey and felines".

(OOC:quotes used to signify that thise words weren't actually said and are a literal "translation")
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

joshthehawk

Post by joshthehawk » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:30 pm

Alright, then I will definitely make humans too. I won't be the deity of misshapen bird-people.
If I'm making a comment with this type of text I'm talking as a moderator.
Anonymous wrote:And those who were seen dancing
where thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music.

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:16 am

I shall create a race that have a similar look to myself, but to a mortal level. These people resemble humanoid slimes that have a centralized core similar to a iron ball at the center of their chest. These slimes are able to do both sexual and asexual reproduction. I will allow these people to call their own names, and what they will be called.

I will also create a race of large hive minded aquatic spiders "about a size of a german shepard" that can create specialized reflective webbing use for buoyancy, and catching prey similar to a fishing net. They will have a queen that can be replace by a different reproductive worker when she died. They are known to have a weird hatred toward white birds similar to that of a swan, and will try to kill them. Their names will be chosen by themselves as well.

"So these are the races that I created, so have fun with them."
"Edit I will also post some non-sapient species as well."

-Slicers are a species of predatory flightless birds that are known to be land predators. These birds have no wings, instead the wings fused as a pouch to hold their single egg, and will take care of their young for 2 years. Slicers have specialized beak that act like a knife, and is use to penetrate their prey, and can even grab prey by their flexible feet. These birds are have excellent eyesight, and hunt during the day.

-Pollies are a relative to slicers, and have adapted to a life of island hopping. Pollies have specialize wedded feet, long legs, and a finned tail that can allow them to swim to different islands looking for territory from rival pollie herds. "they are social herbivores after all". Pollie pouch have a special capability, in which it can become tightly sealed to protect their egg from water. Pollies can be about the size of a large horse, and can be about 17 feet long.

-Isle Busters are a species of giant slimes that take control of small islands, and absorbing all of the minerals thorough it's waterproof outer covering. These isle busters can get about the size of the Hawaiian island of Kahoolawe, and can be heavy as 350 tons. This slime is actually a bunch of smaller isle busters forming into a single isle buster to share all of the collected energy that they do gatherer. Isle Busters can manually controls the floating island to better locations that is more warmer areas of the ocean. Isle busters have a immunity of the deadly toxins of the island caverns. Isle busters do have very few predators when in their large colony-like state.

-Mimics are a species of tiny parasitic black aquatic slimes that invade into isle buster colonies to absorbs isle buster cells for nutrients. The mimic will blend with the other isle busters by mimicking the DNA of the isle buster cells, and mirroring the isle buster itself. Then near the time of their next stage of life, it will come onto one of the isle buster island, and sprout into the sessile adult stage. A adult mimic is a planimal that will use photosynthesis, and release spores of the next generation of mimics into the ocean.
Last edited by Burger Cat on Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:26 am, edited 10 times in total.