Itzan- 165 years

Speculative evolution and forum games
Guineapig004

Re: Itzan- 15 years

Post by Guineapig004 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:12 am

White parrot wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:50 am
[Okay, quick question: what are the clusters Cocote, Tocun and Con? Like BakedToast, I'm somewhat confused about the second one. Are the three names referring to a single entity? :? ]
As far as I know, those are just the names of our creatures island clusters. "Tocun" is mine.
Last edited by Guineapig004 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"And fear struck the hearts of the dodos, as they realized they were being watched..."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:34 am

If a player left, can I join? What will happen to the followers of the god/goddess that left?
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:21 am

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:34 am
If a player left, can I join? What will happen to the followers of the god/goddess that left?
I did literally nothing. I don't think I have any followers

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:25 am

Tiberius wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:21 am
naturegirl1999 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:34 am
I did literally nothing. I don't think I have any followers
Is it ok if I join? I know from reading game progress that creating new creatures is not allowed, but I can interact with existing creatures, right? Also, is it possible to make non sapient creatures sapient?
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:55 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:10 pm
Does this also mean that we cannot create an afterlife for the souls of our worshipers who have died? Four options I see here:
The way I see it, an afterlife is irrelevant. Since afterlives are typically the realm of gods, and souls are typically depicted as infinite, anyone who was raised from the dead would be unable to fully put it into words. IRL it is often described as indescribeable, since the biological cause of these is the mind going haywire while attempting to integrate information.

BakedToast wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:17 pm
What is the Tocun isle cluster? Is it just a cluster devoid of life? Or did I miss something?
The isle cluster in which Concon are native.

Guineapig004 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:24 pm
I noticed on an earlier page that there was a list of all the island clusters in the game. I'm going to call my island cluster Con, for those who want to send creatures to my island cluster.
The names are determined by the inhabitants as they have/portray certain conceptions and ideas, culturally and linguistically, about where they live. Their base values are different. Take English "home", and Latin "Domus", they are the translations of each other, but have different original meanings. In Proto-Indo-European, home is descended from "Koymos", which mean village, and proto-Germanic "Haimaz" which mean village, town, hamlet. Latin "Domus" decends from the Proto-Indo-European Word "Dem", which means to build.
To English (English is really a germanic, romantic hybrid) and other germanic languages, home is the community you live in. But to Latin-speakers (if it weren't dead), home is where you build something.

White parrot wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:50 am
[Okay, quick question: what are the clusters Cocote, Tocun and Con? Like BakedToast, I'm somewhat confused about the second one. Are the three names referring to a single entity? :? ]
Somebody voted to launch an isle cluster in a random direction, and the rolls indicated that it should be an uninhabited one. That is CoCote.
Tocun is what the Concon call their island cluster, BakedToast has just taken to calling it Con, due to my oddly vague... everything.

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:25 am
Is it ok if I join? I know from reading game progress that creating new creatures is not allowed, but I can interact with existing creatures, right? Also, is it possible to make non sapient creatures sapient?
You can totally join,and interact with existing creatures. I will say there is the possibility to make creature sapient later on in the game, perhaps, if a race were to be... Exterminated?

Working on the turn to make it as detailed as possible to avoid the confusion resulting from last turn. Since the island clusters can literally move around the world multiple during one turn, I will not be providing information on their locations relevant to each other. This turn I will finalize the amount of uninhabited island clusters, sizes, etc, etc, and a pantheon will in their.

Also just so that everyone can see it I am posting my vote here, I am only adding my presence to result in a more fleshed human worshippable pantheon.
I appear to 5 males, and 5 females of every sapient species (excluding the Shiudri as they are only partly sapient), and command them to leave their lives in the villages behind and explore the wilderness. "To become one with nature, is to become one with the gods."
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:26 pm

I am Dabalia, a Goddess.

I appear to a Spide hive mind as a glowing purple Spide. I appear to them in the night, and tell them of various islands full of various species. I also tell them to be careful of how many members of a species they capture, because they must not make any species go extinct. I tell them my name is Dabalia, and that they should worship me, for I will give them healing powers and I will protect them by increasing the strength of the skin of those who follow me. Spides who follow me will also be able to telepathically communicate with other species, thus be able to teach them about me.
Last edited by naturegirl1999 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Korobeiniki

BakedToast

Post by BakedToast » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:09 pm

naturegirl1999 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:26 pm
I am Dabalia, a Goddess.

I appear to the Spide hive mind, etc.
Welcome to Itzan!

Please read the rules all gods in the pantheon are bound to, on page 3. One of them is that we may not specifically interact with creations of another deity.
(The Spides were created by Mercury, and this cannot be evangelized to unless Mercury gives you permission. Humans are open game for everyone.)
Two options for you:
get permission from Mercury to lead his Spides (he may ask for something in return, as a god is allowed to do)
Or, change your turn into a revelation to humans instead of Spides.
(OOC: i Don’t mean to stifle your religion, but solely to stress the rules we are bound to.)
"Greater than I, none. Less than I, none. For I am Chayrus. All shall be one, as I am."

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:21 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:09 pm
naturegirl1999 wrote:
I am Dabalia, a Goddess.

Welcome to Itzan!

Please read the rules all gods in the pantheon are bound to, on page 3. One of them is that we may not specifically interact with creations of another deity.
(The Spides were created by Mercury, and this cannot be evangelized to unless Mercury gives you permission. Humans are open game for everyone.)
Two options for you:
get permission from Mercury to lead his Spides (he may ask for something in return, as a god is allowed to do)
(OOC: i Don’t mean to stifle your religion, but solely to stress the rules we are bound to.)
Thank you, sorry about that.

Mercury, am I allowed to lead your Spides?
Korobeiniki

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:38 pm

BakedToast wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:09 pm
naturegirl1999 wrote:
I am Dabalia, a Goddess.

Welcome to Itzan!

Two options for you:
Okay, two things. One, yes, you can specifically interact with other's creation. You can not create something that has an innate desire to destroy another gods creation.In other words, there is no dibs. If there were, then technically humans would be only Ud'ehba since he created them.

Two, this one is on me for not specifying, there is more than one hivemind within the Spides. The species is not united. If it was, that would pose a massive advantage and be an easy way to conquer the world.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

joshthehawk

Post by joshthehawk » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Ud'ebha shows himself to the greatest performer and artist in the land, a woman named Yadidatum, and makes her his prophet.

Ud'ebha grants her the gift of a well-organized mind. Ud'ebha also grants her mastery of all the instruments used by the peoples of the human species. This includes her getting the most beautiful singing voice in the human race, along with tremendous charisma. Lastly, ud'ebha gives her the ability to easily start fires, if need be.

Ud'ebha tells her to go out into the world and spread his gifts, so that the humans can enjoy great arts, keep warm by her fires and be granted the power of a well-oiled bureaucracy.

Ud'ebha alsso tells her some of the truths of the world, like how Ud'ebha created the humans as the world's second people, as the first people, created by a different god, were misshapen beings, part bird part cat. The humans however, were created to an orderly people, a people that can appreciate good art and a well functioning bureaucracy.

Lastly Ud'ebha tells Yadidatum that the humans should go out into the world and bring it order and beauty; For that is the will of Ud'ebha.
If I'm making a comment with this type of text I'm talking as a moderator.
Anonymous wrote:And those who were seen dancing
where thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music.