Itzan- 165 years

Speculative evolution and forum games
Prudentia

Itzan- 165 years

Post by Prudentia » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:19 pm

Introduction
For so long, they drifted in the dark. Beings who existed yet did not exist, with no beginning and no end. Floating without a purpose; as beings of nearly unlimited power, they fought constantly, but all them being equal in power and immortal did nothing. Eventually, something reached out, it didn’t communicate, but gave them a new idea. They may have all powerful, but they were not all-knowing. It drew them forward and taught them that something could exist, it did not have to be just them.
Without the constant battling and huge releases of energy, the universe could form and develop. The force beckoned and drew them to planet. The elder consciousness lent them the understanding that this planet would the playground on which they could hone their craft. If left alone the planet would not develop what they sought, but if they helped it along, it would develop what they sought. This was their opportunity to shape the world below them, which in turn would shape what they sought.
While covered in water, it was barren when they first found it. But they were not sure what to do, a feeling that the all-powerful are not used to. Fighting broke out causing the entire universe to collapse and recede. Again, the elder consciousness brought the beings to calm, this time though, after directing them to a planet that held promise, it spoke: “What you seek is that with a soul, for only they can truly interact with you. As powerful as you are, you controlling the soul require power that destroys that with form, it can only pledge service to you. Make an accord, limit the amount of power you utilize, for only gods can survive a war of the gods.”
Until this point the “gods” had no use for names, a wrong that it was made clear must be rectified. Once done, they must limit their power for the good of what they sought: mortal companionship. Then the planet must be sculpted, and life must be brought about. Only then could they bring the companionship they so desired to be.

You play as an omnipotent (All powerful), but not omniscient (all seeing) deity. After you and fellow deities introduce yourselves (as you have only recently required names, no aspects/they do nothing but provide rp and flavor), you must convene a council to draft an accord limiting what you will do once (a) sapient species is made (later on), to prevent a war in heaven. Your agendas will almost certainly run contrary at one point, but if you fight the battles yourself, you destroy the universe so rules for the use of surrogates must be created. Rules will be passed by a majority. Once that is accomplished, you must create the features of the planet, like land, mountains, plates, etc. You could, for example go with out land, but you still need to remember plates and undersea topography. After that you make the fauna and flora (just the most common and most interesting and important), I do not actually expect you make 13 million species. Only then are you able to actually make sapient species. After that, normal gameplay will begin. I figure that actual deities should engage in world building (literally). I will be playing to provide an example/ narration, but no actual votes.

Since you are all equal in unlimited power, you will use the souls of humans (via worship/ rituals) to show how much better you are than other gods. Your votes pertaining to humans will be rolled for since you can not control human minds and interpretation. You all form the Pantheon, and the god with the most followers/ worhsippers is the head of the pantheon. They +50% to their votes, and votes they support. Supports gives +10%, but must come from other players. While you all have no limits to your power, pleases remember I have to roll and discuss everything you vote for, so please, keep it respectable. I do not want to roll for 50 votes a turn. Turns are 15 years, so no tech votes.

TURNS
15 years
30 years
45 years
60 years
75 years
90 years
105 years
120 years
135 years
150 years
165 years
Last edited by Prudentia on Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:16 am, edited 16 times in total.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

Prudentia

Re: Itzan

Post by Prudentia » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:37 pm

I shall name myself, Nyktal.
For rules, I propose these:

A god(des) may strike down an individual, but not an army. They will be here to fight our battles since we are equal in every conceivable measure.

Each god(des) may select an individual to be their champion. We may not directly interfere with each other's champions. Only the head of the Pantheon can remove powers from a champion, with the agreement of the majority.

If we take on the form of a mortal, we can only influence the mortals, not directly affect them (for example rulership).

joshthehawk

Post by joshthehawk » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:40 pm

I'll name myself Ud'ebha.

I propose that we may not cause disasters that would cause the destruction of all intelligent life, so, maximize the damage to, like, volcanoes and earthquakes and stuff.
If I'm making a comment with this type of text I'm talking as a moderator.
Anonymous wrote:And those who were seen dancing
where thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music.

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:57 pm

I'm the Slime Goddess Mercury.
These are the sacred rules I have in plan:

If a god(dess) fall in love with a mortal? Then you can't use your divine powers to get revenge, or try to revive them if they do died.

If there was an child is born from the divine romance of you and your chosen lover. Then you must leave both your lover and the child to be alone, but if the child has passed your tests/trials then he/she will become your champion.

Alexcat989

Post by Alexcat989 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:18 pm

I am Teuruzza

I propose the rule of any creation by a god(dess) can not be created to intentionally destroy another god(dess)'s creation but can be influenced to destroy if it is irrelevant to the creation
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:19 am

I am Pentavus

I have no proposals at this time

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:25 am

Alright, you guys can vote on these and/or propose others, if you want clarification, quote the proposer. I figured that I would give y'all something to do and some more time for more players since I will be AWOL (limited presence is possible, but not likely) for the next few days.
A god(des) may strike down an individual, but not an army. They will be here to fight our battles since we are equal in every conceivable measure.

Each god(des) may select an individual to be their champion. We may not directly interfere with each other's champions. Only the head of the Pantheon can remove powers from a champion, with the agreement of the majority.

If we take on the form of a mortal, we can only influence the mortals, not directly affect them (for example rulership).

If a god(dess) fall in love with a mortal? Then you can't use your divine powers to get revenge, or try to revive them if they do died.

If there was an child is born from the divine romance of you and your chosen lover. Then you must leave both your lover and the child to be alone, but if the child has passed your tests/trials then he/she will become your champion.

I propose that we may not cause disasters that would cause the destruction of all intelligent life, so, maximize the damage to, like, volcanoes and earthquakes and stuff.

I propose the rule of any creation by a god(dess) can not be created to intentionally destroy another god(dess)'s creation but can be influenced to destroy if it is irrelevant to the creation.

I propose that with a unanimous vote any rule may be circumvented.
Last edited by Prudentia on Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tiberius

Post by Tiberius » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:39 am

I propose that with a unanimous vote any rule may be circumvented.

I vote yes to all the but "I propose the rule of any creation by a god(dess) can not be created to intentionally destroy another god(dess)'s creation but can be influenced to destroy if it is irrelevant to the creation", which is a bit too wordy and vague.

White parrot

Post by White parrot » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:09 am

[OOC: I'll bite.
Your agendas will almost certainly run contrary at one point, but if you fight the battles yourself, you destroy the universe so rules for the use of surrogates must be created.
... Cold war, in heaven? :roll: ]

My... name... shall be Eko'o.

A deity may not use mind control to make a follower out of a sophont. Worship is to be offered, not taken.

A deity may not impersonate another for the purpose of deceiving sophonts.
This would be unsportsmanlike!

Mercury wrote:If there was an child is born from the divine romance of you and your chosen lover. Then you must leave both your lover and the child to be alone, but if the child has passed your tests/trials then he/she will become your champion.
I want to know more about the tests/trials!
Nyktal wrote:A god(des) may strike down an individual, but not an army. They will be here to fight our battles since we are equal in every conceivable measure.
I find this proposal unclear given armies are made of individuals, and I oppose this Rule in this formulation on this ground. However, see my next proposal.
Pentavus wrote:"I propose the rule of any creation by a god(dess) can not be created to intentionally destroy another god(dess)'s creation but can be influenced to destroy if it is irrelevant to the creation" [...] is a bit too wordy and vague.
I understand this command as: a deity may not create entities with an innate desire to destroy another god(dess)'s creation. I oppose this Rule in this formulation on technicalities, but propose two Rules of my own whose combination should have a similar effect:

A deity may not directly affect a creation or a follower of another deity without express consent of the creation/follower's deity. At the discretion of the deities involved, contracts and arrangements can be passed to grant consents in a systematic manner.
This would admittedly considerably reduce our power, but would prevent a war through followers extermination and coercion.

A deity may not create entities with an innate desire to commit (an) action(s) that would break (a) Rule(s) on behalf of their creator.
Let's close this loophole!

Pentavus wrote:I propose that with a unanimous vote any rule may be circumvented.
Let's go further:
Any Rule may be implemented, punctually circumvented, modified or voided with the vote of a majority of deities.
With the necessity of unanimous votes, I am wary of the possibility of a deity tricking the others into signing an unwanted Rule and vetoing any attempt to get rid of it.

I formally approve the following Rules:
Nyktal wrote:Each god(des) may select an individual to be their champion. We may not directly interfere with each other's champions. Only the head of the Pantheon can remove powers from a champion, with the agreement of the majority.

Ud'ebha wrote:we may not cause disasters that would cause the destruction of all intelligent life, so, maximize the damage to, like, volcanoes and earthquakes and stuff.
Mercury wrote:If a god(dess) fall in love with a mortal? Then you can't use your divine powers to get revenge, or try to revive them if they do died.
(I see no necessity for the last one, but why not?)
At this point, we shouldn't be surprised by anything nature does. She's like a meth addict whose drug-fueled rampages unfold in slow motion and span millions of years.
Silly Otter wrote:Welcome to the forum.
Please ignore the cultists.

Quasar
Site Admin

Post by Quasar » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:42 am

What the heck. I name myself "Veda", Avatar of Science.

I declare that a small group of sapient mortals should be geographically isolated, never to be touched by divine hands, as a control group.

Additionally, I declare that no god or goddess should turn into a swan for the purpose of having sex with sapient mortals. You know who you are, you perverts.