Chaos Reincarnation! Turn 3

Speculative evolution and forum games
Prudentia

Chaos Reincarnation! Turn 3

Post by Prudentia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:10 pm

I hereby debut... Yet Another variant of half of everybody's favorite games. Yes read the rules. I am very specific with everything you need to know as players. No, you only need to know that environmental changes are randomly chosen.

- No biological rules or limits.

- Due the intelligence and dominance of sapient species, once made, they will cease to evolve, and you will have to choose another species. Because I do not want a repeat of the first game, which is exactly why the second game failed. Everyone tried to recreate the first game's species rather than do anything new. If you don't like this rule, too bad, you can pm me for my full logic.

- Physics sucks, why can't organisms override how the laws of physics apply to them? Oh wait, in this they can.

- Changing this up this time. No teams, each person has three votes, however no more than two votes can go to any one species.

- Creating a new species: when voting for a species, say that you are creating a species (and be sure to state the ancestral species), and give it a trait that makes it unique (Trait is auto give with enhance). It costs two votes to create a new species (no they may not be divided up). Exceptions are during the first two turns of the game (costs 1 vote total, can only create 1 species a turn), the two turns after a mass extinction (costs 1 vote, may create up to two a turn), and during a mass extinction (these may last 1-2 turns, and species can be created for 3 votes, and have a high chance for extinction).
Normally creating a species (even under 1 vote creation conditions), counts as part of the two votes to it. However, for this first round, and first round only, you may create a species, and vote for two extra traits to it.

- Supporting votes cause rerolls, and the final number will be the (geometric) average of all rolls.

- You "trade" votes with another player, you still end up with only 3 votes, but traded votes get a +1. Only 2 in a turn, and traded votes can not be used to create a species, or support. But you may support a traded vote with your own.

- Don't the like the rules? I am more than happy to hear your complaints in pm form or any other forms that keeps them off the thread.

- If you wish, you may expend a vote to rename a species. I would recommend against as this is just boring.

-Turns are 5 million years to allow for significant geologic change. That said, each species will come with a timer notifying you of how many turns it will have to extinction, if it is suited to the environment, this will say N/A. If not, you will often only have 1-2 turns to adapt it, because the average species lifespan is 1 million years. Creating new species will be integral.

-There are tons of fun mechanics that I have planned only to revealed when something unique comes along (the first time). These will persist down its lineage to all species descended from it. Still deciding if I should tell you guys once they are triggered or if I should leave you to guess.

-Mass extinction can be biologically triggered, you have been warned.

Rolls:
1: Bad luck, you get something opposite! ~100%
2: Okay, contrary, but not horrible. ~33%
3: Ummm, barely developed, but then again so are the drawbacks. Virtually nothing. ~1%
4: Eh, could be better, but at least its something, right?~33%
5: Just what you were looking for. ~100%
6: Ummmm... Ultra enhanced, contrary or desired character, coin flip! Yes, I'm a dick. ~250%

Initial species:
Cellus cellus
A bacteria type cell, chemosynthesizer using Sulfuric acid.
Habitat: In the portions of the seas on the planet Caecus.
Features: DNA, RNA, Nucleoid.
Evolutionary grouping: N/A

Turn 1, 5 MY
Turn 2, 10 MY
Turn 3, 15 MY
Turn 4, 20 MY
Last edited by Prudentia on Tue May 15, 2018 1:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

Burger Cat

Re: Chaos Reincarnation!

Post by Burger Cat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:59 pm

Ancestor: Cellus cellus
Unique Trait: This species of cell have a special type of mucus that use rock/sand particles as a outer skin.
Vote 1: Develop small fiber like sturtuces "similar to roots" that is use to absorb nutrient from the water.
Vote 2: Develop a vacuole.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 am

Oh this sounds fun I have some fun ideas for this:

Team Biomechanical dragons of fun. BDOF.

Develop temporary colonies to ward off attack

-Develop a teleportation organelle that allows our individual cells to warp to a random location within 20 feet if gobbled or threatened.

May the dice gods bless me and not give me an iron butt this time. Please.
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Burger Cat wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:59 pm
Unique Trait: This species of cell have a special type of mucus that use rock/sand particles as a outer skin.
Vote 1: Develop small fiber like sturtuces "similar to roots" that is use to absorb nutrient from the water.
Okay, I should have been clearer, so I will let this slide for this first round. It was intended that creating a species even under one vote conditions, would count as a one of the two votes towards the species. Since I was not clear on that, it will apply after the next turn.
20 characters! wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:08 am

-Develop a teleportation organelle that allows our individual cells to warp to a random location within 20 feet if gobbled or threatened.

20, nothing is wrong with your votes, but there are no teams. So you can create a new species, use these votes for an existing species, or for a species about to come into existence, like the one Burger Cat is making. Also, you have three votes.
If you are meaning to make a new species, then you must also give it an unique starting trait, and state that you are intending to make a species.

Burger Cat

Post by Burger Cat » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:58 am

Prudentia wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:09 pm
Burger Cat wrote:
Okay, I should have been clearer, so I will let this slide for this first round. It was intended that creating a species even under one vote conditions, would count as a one of the two votes towards the species. Since I was not clear on that, it will apply after the next turn.
20 characters! wrote:

20, nothing is wrong with your votes, but there are no teams. So you can create a new species, use these votes for an existing species, or for a species about to come into existence, like the one Burger Cat is making. Also, you have three votes.
If you are meaning to make a new species, then you must also give it an unique starting trait, and state that you are intending to make a species.
Should I create a new set of votes for this turn?

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:49 am

Burger Cat wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:58 am
Prudentia wrote:
Burger Cat wrote:
Should I create a new set of votes for this turn?
Nah you're good.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:48 am

Prudentia wrote:
Burger Cat wrote:
20 characters! wrote:

I intend to make a new creature, and if I can choose another unique trait it would be...bioluminescence.
youtubeuserSara3346
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
ImageImageImage

Prudentia

Re: Chaos Reincarnation!- Turn 1

Post by Prudentia » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:05 am

Cellus cellus
A bacteria type cell, chemosynthesizer using Sulfuric acid.
Habitat: In the deep portions of the seas on the planet Caecus.
Features: DNA, RNA, Nucleoid.
Evolutionary grouping: Proto

Cellus grimm
A bacteria type cell (best said to resemble a doughnut crossed with a maple bar), chemosynthesizer using Sulfuric acid. A sticky mucus attracts particles to the cell membrane, forming a suit of armor, basically. A network of small, fibrous, roots extend past the armor to absorbs nutrients and whatever else the cell needs.
Votes: Develop small fiber like sturtuces "similar to roots" that is use to absorb nutrient from the water-5; Develop a vacuole- 1
Features: DNA, RNA, Nucleoid, fibrous/membranous "roots", particle armor.

Cellus floresce
A bacteria type cell, chemosynthesizer using Sulfuric acid. Bioluminescent, this cell has lit up the deep ocean. Highly aggressive, this cell attempts to consume other cells it comes across. Even others of it's own kind. A new organelle allows this cell to phase part of itself onto a different dimensional plane, which can then reappear and displace things occupying that spot. This allows this species to effectively fight other cells. Since this cell can not track down other cells, everything remains intact.
Votes: Colonies-1; teleportation organelle-4
Features: DNA, RNA, Nucleoid, Phasoid, bioluminescence.

Alright creating a new species costs 2 votes (which count towards the two vote limit to a species). You are limited now to two votes to a species (max), out of your three votes.

Burger Cat

Re: Chaos Reincarnation! Turn 1

Post by Burger Cat » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:19 am

Species vote: Cellus grimm
Vote 1: Support vote 2.
Vote 2: develops a special type of mitochondria that can allow the grimm to do a better production of converting water molecules into nutrients with the roots.

Species Vote: Cellus floresce
Vote: CRISPR like immune system

20 characters!

Re: Chaos Reincarnation! Turn 1

Post by 20 characters! » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:57 am

Cellus grim: Develop a pacifying chemical secretion that allows all neaby cells to become its freinds

cellus florence: Devlop a nucleus

Florence species vote: double in size!
youtubeuserSara3346
ImageImageImage