Competition - Petrixic

Speculative evolution and forum games
Post Reply
User avatar
GabrielGG
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by GabrielGG » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm

My internet connection is terrible these days.

Vote: signalling agents
I like potatoes.

User avatar
Alpha
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:12 am
Location: Australia

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by Alpha » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 am

GabrielGG wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm
My internet connection is terrible these days.

Vote: signalling agents
You have to be more specific. Your cell already has internal signalling agents or it could not function, and external ones aren't useful unless you live in colonies or are multicellular.
My Major Competitions:
Droetis
Charbiss
Petrixic

User avatar
GabrielGG
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by GabrielGG » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 pm

Alpha wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 am
GabrielGG wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm
My internet connection is terrible these days.

Vote: signalling agents
You have to be more specific. Your cell already has internal signalling agents or it could not function, and external ones aren't useful unless you live in colonies or are multicellular.
Hmm... it's because of this:
However, it still travels blindly and preys upon all cells it encounters - including members of their own species.
I wanted to counter this... signalling agents don't work for this?
I like potatoes.

User avatar
20 characters!
Posts: 19204
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:08 am
Location: North America, the best and worst bit of it.
Contact:

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm

Alexcat989 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 am
-Colonies
Because who would go near a lump of poison?
team: WETF

I VOTE FOR lIthotrophy.
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Alexcat989
Posts: 2489
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:35 am
Location: Now with Eldritch Paganism!™
Contact:

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by Alexcat989 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 pm

20 characters! wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm
Alexcat989 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 am
-Colonies
Because who would go near a lump of poison?
team: WETF

I VOTE FOR lIthotrophy.
I call a VETO on this
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Image
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns
Image

User avatar
20 characters!
Posts: 19204
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:08 am
Location: North America, the best and worst bit of it.
Contact:

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Alexcat989 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:52 pm
20 characters! wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:47 pm
Alexcat989 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:29 am
-Colonies
Because who would go near a lump of poison?
team: WETF

I VOTE FOR lIthotrophy.
I call a VETO on this
:lol: this is why i chose your team alex ;)

Thanks for the confidence.

I call a vet o on multicellularity, as being able to infest other animals will get harder the larger we get.

My new vote is for developing a tough spine like yersina pestis has for piercing other cells.
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Alpha
Posts: 1956
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:12 am
Location: Australia

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by Alpha » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:21 am

GabrielGG wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 pm
Alpha wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 am
GabrielGG wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:50 pm
My internet connection is terrible these days.

Vote: signalling agents
You have to be more specific. Your cell already has internal signalling agents or it could not function, and external ones aren't useful unless you live in colonies or are multicellular.
Hmm... it's because of this:
However, it still travels blindly and preys upon all cells it encounters - including members of their own species.
I wanted to counter this... signalling agents don't work for this?
Well Natural_20 is voting for an organelle that gives you the ability to "see", so you could support him if thats your goal.
My Major Competitions:
Droetis
Charbiss
Petrixic

Natural_20
Posts: 1658
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:25 am

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by Natural_20 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:55 am

Alpha wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:21 am
GabrielGG wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 pm
Alpha wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 am


You have to be more specific. Your cell already has internal signalling agents or it could not function, and external ones aren't useful unless you live in colonies or are multicellular.
Hmm... it's because of this:
However, it still travels blindly and preys upon all cells it encounters - including members of their own species.
I wanted to counter this... signalling agents don't work for this?
Well Natural_20 is voting for an organelle that gives you the ability to "see", so you could support him if thats your goal.
His original idea could work via a sense of smell/taste that can recognize friendlies, but supporting me works too.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

User avatar
Grockstar
Posts: 2101
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:55 am
Location: Stuck in her own mind

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by Grockstar » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:37 pm

Cilla cause why not? If you've failed once, try again for something lesser!
Just Monika.

Now uses she/her pronouns. Please, call me Lily!

Official Moderator on the Species Discord, Queen of the Weebs!

User avatar
GabrielGG
Posts: 1858
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by GabrielGG » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:33 pm

Natural_20 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:55 am
Alpha wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:21 am
GabrielGG wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:04 pm


Hmm... it's because of this:



I wanted to counter this... signalling agents don't work for this?
Well Natural_20 is voting for an organelle that gives you the ability to "see", so you could support him if thats your goal.
His original idea could work via a sense of smell/taste that can recognize friendlies, but supporting me works too.
Hm... okay... So, can I keep the "signalling agents" vote?
I like potatoes.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest