Competition - Petrixic

Speculative evolution and forum games
DehEvil
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Re: Competition - Petrixic

Post by DehEvil » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:53 am

Alpha wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:24 am
Just letting you know that if you do not vote within the next 48 hours that your spot on the team will be vacated and someone else can take your spot.

If any lurkers want to join then nows your chance, first person to express interest will join.
*cough*
ImageImage
Inspirational quote by
joshthehawk wrote: your only limit is your limited imagination.
Random quote by
AOE22 wrote:hehheh
I have no idea why this was whatever my last copy was, but when i pasted it, I just had to put it somewhere.

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am

DehEvil wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:53 am
Alpha wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:24 am
Just letting you know that if you do not vote within the next 48 hours that your spot on the team will be vacated and someone else can take your spot.

If any lurkers want to join then nows your chance, first person to express interest will join.
*cough*
Vote pls (I know I said they were locked but I havent actually started turn yet haha)
My Major Competitions:
Droetis
Charbiss
Petrixic

DehEvil
Location: New Mombasa, fighting off an endless horde of aliens.

Post by DehEvil » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 am

Alpha wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 am
Vote pls (I know I said they were locked but I havent actually started turn yet haha)
Crap...was not prepared to vote :lol:

Evolve a nervous system (I guess)
ImageImage
Inspirational quote by
joshthehawk wrote: your only limit is your limited imagination.
Random quote by
AOE22 wrote:hehheh
I have no idea why this was whatever my last copy was, but when i pasted it, I just had to put it somewhere.

naturegirl1999

Post by naturegirl1999 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:21 am

Natural_20 wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:40 am
Alpha wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:22 am
Ok everybody I have set up a basic timeline and I'm thinking of ending this at about turn 30 and starting a civilisation game at that point. In order to "qualify" for civilisation you must have the following six traits by turn 30:
  • The ability to share knowledge and communicate (language)
  • The ability to manipulate the environment (hands/graspers)
  • The ability to recognise and learn patterns and connections and create tools (intelligence)
  • The ability to cooperate in a group (social animals)
  • The ability to create fire (myriad of benefits such as cooking, protection, warmth etc)
  • The ability to be flexible in terms of dietary needs (no hyper-carnivores/herbivores, however its fine to be predominantly one or the other just not 100%)
What is everybodies thoughts on this?
Not sure about the last rule. Elephants have tool use and octopi are pretty smart.

I'm not interested in a civilization game anyway.
If elephants and octopi meat the criteria for intelligence, why are they not considered intelligent? Is it just because they happen to not be human? If we define intelligence a certain way, other animals who fit the criteria would be considered intelligent, human or non-human.

Edit: I just realized that that was exactly the point you were trying to make
I'm gonna put the last thing I copied here. Will change each time I visit for variety
Korobeiniki