Fantasy world conquest.

Speculative evolution and forum games
CatFish21sm

Fantasy world conquest.

Post by CatFish21sm » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:14 am

So the title is pretty self-explanatory.
I like games like risk, I also like RP so I'm gonna try hosting a game that does a little of both.
It's pretty simply, it will be based on a randomly generated world. Each player will be able to design their own race. Create a backstory, belief system, etc etc, like Civ games, we will start in the "caveman" era. (Magic is allowed)
Once we begin I will randomly assign locations on a map based on race characteristics. (mountain dwellers will be near mountains, island dwellers near islands etc.) Then from there, it's a free for all.
Do you want to make alliances and create a massive global empire where all are seen as equals, or do you want to create slaves and force all others to work for you? Perhaps your race is the only one that deserves to exist. It's your choice how you play.
The game will include everything from minor races (not controlled by players) to natural disasters. You will have to navigate the world in an attempt to not only keep from going extinct but also build and maintain a stable empire.
Anything is allowed so long as it doesn't break normal forum rules (No offensive language or images etc)
Again anything can happen and everything will be decided by either the role of a dice or random number generator.
Each race will be granted buffs and debuffs based on race traits, beliefs and etc. For example, a warlike people will have better troops, while a peaceful people will be better farmers or something. Everything from the magic or lack thereof that your people prefer to the food they eat and their religion will have an impact on how the rest of the world reacts to you.
I hope yall will help me make this fun, and I hope you find it fun as well.
PS. I'm kinda new to this type of game so please be patient with me, if you feel that I made a bad decision then you have the ability to question it, not all decisions will be final, however, you must have a good reason for me to change an event or decision. (For example race 1 invades race 2 and race 1 losses, but race 2 would normally just surrender to race 1.)

Be warned once the game begins all race traits, beliefes, etc are final. You can change them as much as you like pre-game, but after the game begins these traits are set in stone unless in game events change them.

I will try to update the game once a week (probably during the weekend or end of the week) after it has started. I will try to stay active on the forum so feel free to ask questions and make comments/suggestions.

EDIT!!
Ok so a few things that weren't clear.
First any traits that are not described will be assumed null traits using Earth humans as a basis. For example if your height isn't specific I will assume normal human height. The same goes for body shape religious beliefs and everything else.
Next I will choose everyone's starting location using a random number generator. I will take into account preferences and race traits for example if your people prefer the cold, or of they are island dwellers. But I will (for the most part) let the number generator choose your location.

A picture of the world below.
World.gif
World.gif (59.83 KiB) Viewed 4479 times

Turns list
CatFish21sm wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:16 am
Turn 1
CatFish21sm wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:45 am
Turn 2
CatFish21sm wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:22 am
Turn 3
CatFish21sm wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:14 am
Turn 4
CatFish21sm wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:42 am
Turn5
CatFish21sm wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:10 am
Turn6
CatFish21sm wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:26 am
Turn 7
CatFish21sm wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:45 am
Turn 8
CatFish21sm wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:28 am
Turn 9
CatFish21sm wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:07 pm
Turn 10
CatFish21sm wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:20 am
Turn 11
Last edited by CatFish21sm on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 am, edited 12 times in total.
"So players are walking along, one player is being a cock, magical rocks scream out of the sky and flatten them and due to the beauty and amazement of seeing something like that everyone else in the party levels up."

20 characters!

Re: Fantsy world conquest.

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:36 am

;-;

Makes me rember I couple of dead or sleeepibg games here that I was previously in love with.

Wait what's considered offensive on this forum again? I mean we have a link to an entire article about a blue whales prestigious downstairs member, we only ran into problems once dogs as droppings got involved if I recall, so I guess I'm asking if your using our standards or the standards of another forum?

Anyway ITS TIME FOR GALMIA 2.0
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

CatFish21sm

Post by CatFish21sm » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:48 am

20 characters! wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:36 am
;-;

Makes me rember I couple of dead or sleeepibg games here that I was previously in love with.

Wait what's considered offensive on this forum again? I mean we have a link to an entire article about a blue whales prestigious downstairs member, we only ran into problems once dogs as droppings got involved if I recall, so I guess I'm asking if your using our standards or the standards of another forum?

Anyway ITS TIME FOR GALMIA 2.0

I'm sorry. But I don't plan to let the game sleep or die for quite a while, I love these kinds of games. :p
And if anything happens and I can't keep it up then I'll try to find a non-partial person to take it over. Or someone that is mostly non-partial atleast.

As for offensive, I'm going by the rules of this forum. Or if it makes me want to puke (I have a strong stomach) Or if someone requests it to be removed or edited for a good reasonable reason.
In general just dont make people sick, or hate you, or whatever for a good reason. I'm not gonna be strict unless people start actually getting offended.
"So players are walking along, one player is being a cock, magical rocks scream out of the sky and flatten them and due to the beauty and amazement of seeing something like that everyone else in the party levels up."

Prudentia

Post by Prudentia » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:58 am

Like this for registration?:

A shorter but heavier built people, the Tureq do not mind cold that much. Not inclined to violence, the natural world fascinates them. As a result, the Tureq do not usually eat meat, but prefer vegetation for it ability to produce more food consistently. Of particular interest to them is water, as they see it is more than land, but all who live in it are able to exploit it. Unlike land, where only the flying animals are capable of exploiting the air.

There is a natural affinity to poisons, many of which these people have some level of resistance too. The Tureq do use magic, nor believe in its existence. Instead believing in a singular that is literally everything. To them, magic users are ones who use part of the singular god, who has no name, which is a dangerous game.

This unnamed deity has no aspect and simply is in existence, as it is everything, yet nothing. The only decree of the deity is to value all life, for everything, relies on everything else. The Tureq also believe that life is supposed to be changing, just as the seasons do, surely as the rains come and come, life is change.

Unfortunately, the Tureq do not respond well to heat, and are more vulnerable to magic than other races.
Last edited by Prudentia on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Black Rockfish, Sebastes melanops, ~12 inches, of the coast of Newport, Oregon.

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:17 am

GALMIA TWO POINT OH

Backstory:
during the invasion of the Fishman a couple of the most loyal followers about 50 or so men women following that hirstute warrior discovered a magical portal in a shallow portion of the sea bed, and were quickly swallowed up and swept out of the world , reborn on the other side they found their bodies transformed into a form that their founder was found in view all of them for now covered in short golden for Heather knows this has become an even longer in. Tears in a previously were, their eyes to have changed varying between a bluish green and a bright orange color . If they're small population working together and careful breeding was sent by the time that it had doubled every individual had I may chosen for them to bring out the best in their individual genetics. And every individual under 50 and over 16 would be part of an extensive physical training regiment
(spoilers for space.)

Over the next few hundred years they had created several cities with half 1 million people do to their careful breeding efforts of the population has gradually become a much larger and stronger now averaging around almost 7 feet tall with with muscular builds being extremely, through after ovulation. Throughout the population

And now they were ready to do with their ancestors had only dreamed of truly subjugate the world and rebuild it in their image but first they would need to require their technology.

STARTING LOCATION: SOUTH POLE

Traits: Warlike, Ambitious, great animal tamers furry, long pointed noses, unusually colored eyes, fast and powerful but not the best endurance.

Race: Homo neoaustralis megapilus

EDIT: loves long range weaponry, most loath fish plenty of individuals are born with oversize canines since those with Bear like faces get special breeding rights, others have a tendency of sharpening their other teeth to try make up for it. Underneath golden fur( which doesn't cover the face the palms of the hands it's the bottoms of the feet the backs of the legs and the backs of the arms) the skin is near ebony in color.
Most individuals have trouble regenerating Cartlidge, thus there massive fast growing muscles tense to put a lot of strain on their bodies joints Leading to them often being crippled by the age of 50, assuming they aren't warriors. In which case this might happen faster.

Starting location: at the glaciers edge

Simplified backstory : former human to invaded from another world through their own efforts in an application of strange magic they form has changed over time.

Religion worship of bears metal leaf in blood as a substance of power that unites beings , literally believes that they were built to rule the world.
Willl this work?

Simplified psychical traits tall enough to be noticeably derived (5ft is short, 8ft is rather uncommon but not unheard of), golden fur, dark skin, eyes either blue or orange, well developed uper Zbody muscles, long pointy noses a bit more so than the human record holder, larger canines . Exelent sense of smell, tend to be short-lived comparatively . poor sense of touch can easily digest mil and blubber

Magic: sacrificed based, stronger around water and earth than fire or wind.Powerful enough shamans can call aniamals from the forrest, and even transfer their consciousness temporarily, however doing this leaves their real bodies in a comatose and hence very vunerble state, and overuse can lead to madness or animal spirits taking over their bodies.Can also manipulate their own blood to form blades, spines or small spears , or give other races nast infectings and whatnot since blood flows easily into blood, but of course an inexperienced battlemage trying this can easily bleed out, dehydrate or generally ruin their insides.
Weaker forms of this magic can allow a user to manipulate their own blood flow, such as cutting off blood flow to certain parts of the body or increasing it to others, however miss using this kind of thing could logically you lead to them blacking out heart failure and the like. But of course if a user dies, most of his comrades will just come to the conclusion that he was too weak to walk the path to begin with.

Current philosophy of the dominant city:Power should belong to those who can demonstrate that they deserve to wield it and given that we were built for this purpose clearly we deserve it.the Bears and hunting beasts of the world are our brothers and must be treated with reverence and respect, eugenics is A-OK finding someway to create lifefrom scratch would be even better.

Ambitious, sometimes but not always to the point of arrogance and folly.Profecient in strength based weapons like clubs nd bows, not as good with longer blades

EDIT2 :'

Yes Women are part of the larger society, but only after they have produced "viable children " similarly men are not considered to be part of the community untill they have won some sort of contest.

EDIT3: Religion in slightly more detail: The Neo-Galmians belive the world is connected through blood, sweat and milk, but that the whole world follows hierarchies, predators and prey, for example. They gained their shape by trying to become like their large hairy leader who they believed was a divine avatar of both war and the maintainance of life, they also belive that an avatar of milk and sweat will eventually show up, and that when alll three arrive they will either destroy or reshape the world depending on wether or not the gods are pleased. They belive that three gods fight over the world, a human headed bear of order, a bear headed god of chaos, and their fishlike child who wishes to wipe the galmians from the land thus starving the other gods to death.
Last edited by 20 characters! on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:16 am, edited 14 times in total.
youtubeuserSara3346
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
ImageImageImage

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:27 am

TLDR: Their the galmites from the previous fantasy history game on this forum except exadgwrated and bladed back to the late Stone Age (they were early Iron Age before).

I planned on implementing some programs to breed them to be larger and hairier in that game, but never quite got a chance to so that's how they are at the beginning of this game.

Their somewhat derived humans, fur covered orange or seafoam-aquamarine eyes, large size.

I think they're better than everyone else, think blood is the most important substance out there and will now actually get the opportunity to subjugate some people instead of constantly staying on the defensive :-) although in the last game they did get pretty good at defending themselves, although clearly not good enough.

EDIT: from the last game they also worship bears and occasionally have the ability to call bears in the battle with them as they view them as brothers in almost literal sense.
Last edited by 20 characters! on Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
youtubeuserSara3346
ImageImageImage

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:33 am

Actually can I make my starting location a few thousand miles away from the south pole, to the end of the ice sheet instead?

Do you personally think it's a bad idea what I'm trying to do her or at least the approach I'm taking to this?
youtubeuserSara3346
ImageImageImage

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:15 am

I feel the need to point out that the word fantasy is misspelled in this title.
youtubeuserSara3346
ImageImageImage

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:21 am

So to be clear The galmians get their powers from bleeding themselves or those slaves and those powers are mostly based around manipulating other living things such as making them more, or less aggressive or causing their offspring to be born slightly differently, thus allowing breeders to find a new treats if they give enough blood.

Also they have knowledge with lots of animal breeding and were formerly freinds with a eugenics field milk civ so it should make sense for them.
youtubeuserSara3346
ImageImageImage

Alexcat989

Post by Alexcat989 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:33 am

Race: Dienofelin
Description: Deinofelin are large (aprox. 6.0ft) anthropomorpic cats that either resemble cheetahs or snow leopards. They either have Turquoise,Blue,or Purple eyes,the eyes are also very large which allows them to see long distances and at night. They also have hair besides their fur on their heads that tends to be red or ginger in coloration.
Religion:Their religion is based off the advancement of technology and weaponry. They also value education as sacred and holy.
Deit: Carnivorous. They are cats for Bahamut's sake, it should be obvious. this also ties in with the weaponry bit of their religion as it allows them to test them on accurate targets.
Traits: Glass Cannony,Intelligent,Skilled with Weaponry

Is there any other traits that my race would suggest at?
SCREW YOU I AM THE ARCH-EMPOROR
Staff of the Official Discord
Uses Cate/Cates pronouns