Evolution: A War Through the Ages

Speculative evolution and forum games
Natural_20

Re: Evolution: A War Through the Ages

Post by Natural_20 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:39 am

Well, it's been 10 days since I last checked in; is next round still happening?
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

TheDoctor
Location: In a dust particle near the core of the mighty quasar

Post by TheDoctor » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:53 am

I dont really know, Im starting to think this game is has dead has mine...
Image Image
Image Image My dragons died...
But I didnt care...

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:14 pm

I hope this gets brought back, I really enjoyed it.... :/
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:32 am

20 characters! wrote:I hope this gets brought back, I really enjoyed it.... :/
Me too, it was good while it lasted
Image Image
But I didnt care...

dinoman9877

Post by dinoman9877 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:03 am

SILENCE PEASANTS!

I AM DINONYSUS, REPTILIAN GOD OF MESSENGE-Ah to heck with it.

Sorry guys, things go from bad to worse for Alum. The septic tank in her home stopped working and there was some flooding. Her room was caught in it.

As well as the drawings.

She was one away from completion before this happened, and now she is recreating them. Likely they will not be as good of quality, as she has specified that there will be a post tomorrow! Then after that will be some more silence as she goes in for surgery tomorrow as well. But luckily it will be easier to do the rounds after this because the drawings will only come once per era.

So fear not, we'll be moving along again soon!

20 characters!

Post by 20 characters! » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:17 am

I'm sorry that that happened to her.....
youtubeuserSara3346
20 characters! wrote:*explodes into a gore shower
combi2 wrote: ... thought that all cows could produce unlimited antibodies,boy am i a retard.
combi2 wrote:you can`t thats not how humans work
Grockstar wrote:Bats it is then. They are the poor man's snake.
ImageImageImage

TheDoctor

Post by TheDoctor » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:21 am

Really sorry for what happened to her m8
Image Image
But I didnt care...

Natural_20

Post by Natural_20 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:31 am

Wow, that's rough. I hope she can get her life back together soon.

As for the round, I'd be happy just to get the text itself; pics are just a nice bonus.
Quasar wrote:Dammit, we forgot to sell the psycho drugs and now the chickens are ODing.

ClassyAmoeba
Location: On a planet orbiting a star orbiting the all mighty Quasar, but at a safe distance

Post by ClassyAmoeba » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:07 pm

I extend my sympathy to you.
Do not provoke my wrath.
This will be my only warning

Alumentum

Post by Alumentum » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:53 pm

Alpha: 4-5 feet long; 400-600 pounds. Males are larger than females. You are eaten by ClassyAmoeba at day, Nat 20 and ClassyAmoeba eats young at night.
Dinoman: 3 feet long; 80 pounds. Eaten by ClassyAmoeba, Natural 20, TheDoctor when grounded. Large insects rarely.
ClassyAmoeba: 4-6 feet long; 400 pounds. Males are longer. Rarely eaten by Eryops. Nat20 eats young at night. Killed by Alpha in failed hunting attempts.
Natural 20: 3-4 feet long; 250 pounds. Males longer. Rarely eaten by Eryops. Sometimes hunted by ClassyAmoeba.
Prudentia: 2 feet long; 75 pounds. Eaten by Dinoman, Classy, Nat20, Eryops, TheDoctor, large insects. Can usually outrun threats.
The Doctor: 3 feet long; 100 pounds. Eaten by Natural 20. Occasionally killed in hunting attempts. Becoming difficult to hunt.
Gabriel: 2-3 feet long; 20-45 pounds. Males larger. Eaten by Doctor, Prudentia, Nat20, Classy, Dinoman if above ground, Eryops. Male is usually eaten first.
20 Characters: 1 foot long; 10 pounds. Eaten by nothing, rarely killed by falls or predator mishaps.

The climate is temperate with large open spaces covered in a grass like moss. Forests are also large and have dense underbrush of ferns. Ponds, lakes, and rivers are common.

Alpha:

1. Omnivorous digestive system, varied tooth shape
2. Resistance to plant toxin, incorporation of plant toxin in thick scales
3. Primitive endothermy, gait shift to crocodilian
4. Interlocking dorsal plates, mammalian gait
5. Females carry young in pouch like scales, herding behavior with a single male
6. Size increase, herbivorous digestive system, herbivorous teeth
7. Full endothermy, double layer scales, sexual dimorphic head plating
8. Defensive social behavior, dimorphic tusks, powerful bite
9. Cloven hooves, conduction based hearing in the hooves, vocal chords
10. Sealable pouch scales, lactation nipples within the scales

Crib walker

Muscles have developed around the opening of the pouch like scales on the belly of females. These muscles can contract and seal off the entrance of the pouch with the offspring inside. This is helpful to prevent babies from falling from the pouch or from being stolen. The thick protective scales have various holes to allow air flow. Also, within each pouch is a primitive nipple which is the opening for a cluster of 'milk' glands. These glands produce a nutritious liquid that is full of fat, protein and anti-bodies.

Your species has very little to fear in terms of predators. However, soon you could be your own worst enemy. The herds your species forms crowds the plains and tends to stomp them into the ground before moving on.

Over-populated

Dinoman:

1. Muscular legs, efficient respiratory system
2. Improved depth perception, hollow bones
3. Increased upper muscle mass, claws for climbing
4. Ball and socket joint in shoulder, hearing
5. Fatty tissue, large teeth
6. Proto-wings, sternum, rudder tail
7. Functioning wings, larger size, gripping arrangement of back toes
8. Wing chromatophores, unidirectional breathing, broad wings
9. Longer limbs, improved eyesight, heterodonty
10. 4-chambered heart, male competition for mates

Flashing swampy

The heart of your species has developed a septum that shifts from side to side when the heart pumps. This septum seals off one half of the heart using pressure and prevents the mixing of oxygen poor and oxygen rich blood. This gives your bodies a boost of energy and efficiency. Males have developed ritualistic courting behaviors to compete for mates. Females prefer males with the deepest blue coloration in the wings. Using their chromatophores, males can flash vivid colors within their wings trying to bring out the most dazzling display of blue patterns. Mate selection has lead to a slowed population growth but, a healthier population over all.

More energy allows your species to invest more into hunting and social behaviors. Recent mating ritual behaviors have slowed the population growth but boosted your genetic strength.

Growing

ClassyAmoeba:

1. Greater endurance, sharp teeth
2. Increase in scale size and density
3. Crocodile gait, increased lung size
4. Digestion of plant matter, absorb water before defecation
5. Osteoderms, egg guarding behavior
6. Increased size, fitness display, sexual dimorphism with males displaying rearranged spikes
7. Heterodont teeth, temporary hunting bands, females raise certain young
8. More interactive hunting behavior, male offering behavior, orphan grouping behavior
9. 4 chambered heart, mammalian stance, jaw based hearing
10. Females produce nutritional fluid, night vision

Mink lizard

Your species has developed an interesting trait within the urinary system. After eggs hatch, females have a change in hormones that result in the activation of glands located next to the bladder. These glands produce various proteins, fats, and anti-bodies and secrete them into the bladder. Upon mixing with urine, it is turned to paste which is a nutritious food for offspring. Luckily, the extra calories needed for this are easy to come by thanks to your newly light sensitive eyes. They are able to dilate the pupils widely and let in much more light allowing your kind to see at night. This allows you to hunt the unaware prey items that normally may be too difficult during the day.

Care for young and the influx of extra food ensures a steady and strong population growth. Young are up on their feet quicker and more capable with the boost in nutrients.

Thriving

Natural 20:

1. Stronger hind limbs, binocular vision
2. Outer ears, serrated teeth
3. Hearing, increased metabolism
4. Nocturnal, chewing
5. Improved smell, size increase
6. 4 chambered heart, specialized teeth, scavenging
7. Mammalian stance, unidirectional airflow in lungs, male led harems
8. Claws for gripping prey, more mammalian stance, tooth roots
9. Immunity to 'serpent' toxin, size increase, syrinx
10. True endothermy, large brain

Sophmore leaper

Your bodies have began to break apart energy quickly enough that it maintains a consistent temperature that is not influenced by your climate. It is possible to over heat or to become chilled however, by seeking proper shelter your body will correct its temperature. Over time the cranial cavity in your skull has become larger and allows your brain to expand in size. A larger brain helps your species to better interpret the information it gathers from the environment and to make actions quicker. This is helpful now that you no longer have the night to yourself.

Staying warm and not needing to sun bathe is helpful considering your nocturnal nature. You waste little time needing to warm up. A larger brain can help with information interpretation but, size isn't everything.

Thriving

Prudentia

1. Venom immunity, secondary palate
2. Thick jaws, sophisticated red blood cells
3. Nasal conchae, phalangeal formula of 2-3-3-3-3
4. 4 chambered heart, alveoli in lungs
5. Primitive heterodonty, cecum pouch
6. Advanced heterodonty, diaphram, more lumbar vertebrae
7. Temporal fenestrae, mammalian stance, thick ventricle walls
8. Sweat glands, streamlined pelvis, streamlined pectoral girdle
9. Burrow nests, mammary glands, lactation
10. Male/Female bond, digigrade stance

Faithful tooth

The mothering of young has lead to a more complex social structure for your species. This has led to males and females forming a bond and raising a clutch together. The female remains in the nest and guards her offspring while the male is tasked with finding food for his family. It is not uncommon for males and females to return to the same nest and pair up year after year. Your bodies have developed a digigrade stance allowing only the toes to touch the ground. This produces more force and spring while running and greatly increases your speed.

Speed and partnership allows your species to thrive despite its small size in a world with large neighbors. This typically keeps a male safe on his hunts and helps in his success.

Growing

The Doctor:

1. Large vascular capillaries, choroid around the pupil
2. Advanced lymphatic system, better neural transmission
3. Interdigital membrane, sodium receptor blockage to combat toxin
4. Spongy bone, hard shell eggs
5. Powerful toxin upon skin, egg teeth in young
6. Sensory neurofilaments, oral sacs to hold food/water, inner bone structure
7. Small and sharp teeth, an eardrum, active camouflage
8. Larger size, cooperative behavior, advanced sense of smell
9. Stronger limb muscles, 4 chambered heart, venom ejection
10. Light reception, critical thinking

Pondering serpent

The keyhole shaped pupils of your eye allow for a large influx of light giving you a sharp image of your environment. To capitalize on this, your retina has doubled the amount of nerve endings it contains. Your eyes can rapidly survey your surroundings and form complex images that include light waves outside the visible spectrum. Incredibly enough, your species seems to display the ability to think critically. It has been witnessed observing other species as well as other members of its own kind. By remembering the results of certain experiences, they are able to adapt their behavior and even seem to teach each other.

Intelligence is a powerful weapon. You can learn how other species hunt and learn how to escape them or outwit them.

Growing

GabrielGG:

1. Omnivorous digestive system, more complex respiratory system
2. Resistance to toxin, more advanced herbivorous teeth
3. Sharp claws, stronger leg muscles
4. Complete toxin immunity, mother instincts
5. Larger males, females have enlarged crop
6. Spikes around the back, stress pheromones, social structure
7. A larger brain, canine teeth, thick skin
8. Vocal chords, thumbs, primitive erect stance
9. Monkey like tail, separated fingers, stronger muscles
10. Dexterous tail, larger size

Gopher creeper

A complicated network of muscles and nerves in your tail give it amazing dexterity. It is prehensile and able to be manipulated with fine detail. This is useful as an extra limb, to carry an object, to hold offspring, and other various behaviors. Over time, your bodies have grown larger and this has lead to the building of larger underground nests and tunnels for your families.

A larger body makes you more formidable to predators. This is useful to the male more than females as he defends the nest. A tail capable of being a fifth limb can be useful but, in an underground life, it has limits in what it is capable of.

Growing

20 Characters:

1. More efficient heart, heterodonty
2. Curved claws, stronger collar bone
3. Prehensile tail, primitive eardrums
4. More efficient kidneys, binocular vision
5. Female mate selection, viral DNA incorporation
6. Advance vocalization, social behavior, lung extensions
7. Chromatophores, antecubital spines, complex memory
8. Tail claw, chameleon grip on forelimbs, female offspring pouches
9. Hemotoxin, pinna like scales, oposable toes on back limb
10. Gliding membranes, solid urea

Parachute gecko

Your skin has become loose and elastic around your abdomen. It can stretch a fair amount and is useful in a rather amusing behavior of 'gliding'. In the event a member of your kind falls, or simply wishes to cover a distance too long to be jumped, it will stretch this skin out by fanning out its ribs. This slows the fall of the creature and allows it to glide to a point or break its fall. The nephrons of your kidney have increased in size to allow for more filtration capabilities. This has resulted in an extreme re-absorbtion of water resulting in solid urea rather than liquid urine. A helpful capability for dry weather.

Your biggest threat was falling to your death but, this is now eliminated. For now, the only real deaths occur from freak accidents.

Thriving

Horrible Pictures Finished Under Pressure:
http://imgur.com/a/Nl5B6
Last edited by Alumentum on Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.